1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Education for traffic protestors

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by ROXRAN, Oct 27, 2023.

1. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

These days it seems like if you go to college, you are required to be an activist and protest- you don't even need high school grad requirements- so why not go to college and major in protesting or at least know where the lines are as you surround peaceful law abiding citizens that simply are in the wrong place at the wrong time while driving their car, it could easily happen...
    As a protester, you should know what drivers can legally do -

Basically in a nut shell - traffic protestor guidelines

- you are almost entirely protected to beat on the car and damage it with minimal legal repercussions - the driver is allowed to escape and evade at a slow, methodical pace generally speaking rather than accept constant punishment

- you are moderately protected once glass is broken - the legal threshold for the driver to drive away faster is deemed more appropriate at this point, therefore, there is likely to be increased risk of bodily harm towards the violent protestors

- once you break glass and reach in, then all bets are off ; the driver has met the legal grounds to rapidly drive away and the result may be acceptable protestor death or injury under the eyes of the law

I hope this helps in case any of you woke nutcases want to join a protest surrounding cars and causing mayhem

basso and tinman like this.
  2. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This probably varies state to state. In Minnesota you are required to stop for pedestrians even if they are jaywalking. Practically that would mean that you can't drive through a protest but have to stop untl they pass or find another way.

3. ROXRAN

Totally agree,.. I am talking about once the protest crosses the threshold of blocking traffic into surrounding and becoming violent in which there is physical aggression towards the occupant in the vehicle including activities of damage to the property...What can the person legally do in the vehicle to escape this traumatic and frankly unlawful offense?

The video clearly states as it should that fatal reaction to property damage is not justified...however a person has the right to evade a violent encounter- the only way to do that in a vehicle is a slow methodical maneuver

everything that person did in the vehicle besides opening the door and likely aggravating the situation and getting pepper sprayed initially was pretty much textbook - what's funny is the protesters trying to get the license plate as if they weren't being offending from a legal pov in the first place

4. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Remember during the BLM protests these dumb woke people decided to protest on the highway at night ?

Then woke d&d and media claimed it was white supremacists drivers who ran them over
    But it was a just a bro driving a fast car on a highway
    Cause that’s what young bros do on highways

stupidity is stupidly
    Stay on the sidewalk

ROXRAN likes this.
  5. ROXRAN

That driver was black ! - I'm sure witnesses thought they saw a MAGA hat however

of course I'm kidding about the hat but how hard is it to stay off the roads while protesting seriously-? this goes for the just stop oil wokes that p.iss everyone off as well that glue hands to the streets

6. tinman

Supporting Member

We watched non woke Road Runner cartoons and know that the Coyote will get ran over all the time against vehicles

these dumb woke kids don’t have these true but violent cartoons to show them the way

this is why they got ran over by Fast and Furious bro driving like Paul Walker on the Seattle highway

7. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

This sounds reasonable. Not sure why we need a thread on it.

8. tinman

Supporting Member

Because protestors think people will stop using oil because they stand in traffic

9. tinman

Supporting Member

ROXRAN likes this.
  10. ROXRAN

STAY OFF THE ROAD PROTESTORS !!!!

tinman likes this.
  11. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Your chance of encountering this is reasonably good (just ask all the folks here that have encountered it), so why not?

12. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Once, I was caught in a traffic jam caused by striking French farmers blocking the road with a tractor. Almost missed my flight home. I didn't need to run anyone over though. Another time, I stopped belatedly and abruptly at a red light. A homeless guy was pissed at my bad driving and slapped the hood of my car. Didn't need to run him over either. That's the closest l've gotten to a relevant situation in decades of driving. But if I ever do find myself in a car swarmed by angry protesters, I'll be sure to not run them over ether. Honestly, it would never occur to me that running someone over was in my option set.

13. tinman

Supporting Member

14. tinman

Supporting Member

Please send Oil Protestors here

this vehicle uses lots of OIL

15. ROXRAN

O my gawwwwd ..:rolleyes:

16. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

That's because you are normal.

ROCKSS and JuanValdez like this.
  17. tinman

Supporting Member

18. tinman

Supporting Member

@Os Trigonum
    @Salvy
    @ROXRAN
    @rocketsjudoka

Blocking the roads in South America is
    NO BEUNO

ROXRAN and Salvy like this.
  19. Salvy

Salvy Member

It was bound to happen, you can't just disrupt people's lives for your outrage and wokeness.

ROXRAN and tinman like this.
  20. tinman

Supporting Member

Especially South America
    I mean it’s for your own safety

sure they do this in England but people in England aren’t packing heat

I warn the woke d&d not to try this in Houston
    People will run you over or shoot you
    Road rage is real

Salvy likes this.