1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Eddy Curry traded to the Knicks.

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by MrButtocks, Oct 3, 2005.

1. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

According to the Bulls GM, Curry's been traded to New York. No details on for who but I'm guessing it's for one of the older players.

Link

2. m_cable

m_cable Contributing Member

Looks like the real thing. Realgm pulled the info off of the Bulls official website:

http://www.nba.com/bulls/

3. sonique15

sonique15 Contributing Member

wow, knicks have some decent bodies up front now.

4. apostolic3

apostolic3 Member

The Knicks probably just made a huge mistake. I'll wait and see what contract they gave him before commenting more.

5. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

What did they trade him FOR i wonder?

Rocket River

6. mogrod

mogrod Contributing Member

All the stuff I've read all week was that the Knicks offered Tim Thomas, Mike Sweetney & a 1st, but that the Bulls turned it down wanting them to throw in another young player.

So, either the Knicks finally threw in Ariza or Lee or the Bulls finally got fed up with the situation and got what they could for him.

Oh, by the way, good luck on that one Knickerbockers. :rolleyes:

7. rikesh316

rikesh316 Member

I think it was for Mike Sweetney & a 1st

8. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Three team?

9. CriscoKidd

CriscoKidd Member

heh, Isiah probably gave him a max deal, and why not? they have money to burn.

I guess po lil old overpaid-can't-remember-ex-Seattle-underachieving-center's-name is going to have to sit on the bench after being the jewel of the Knicks offseason.

:(

10. tiger0330

tiger0330 Contributing Member

Zeke might make a team out of the Knicks if Curry doesn't wind up like Reggie Lewis. Let's see what he gives up to get him, my guess is Sweetney, Aziza and a draft pick.

11. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Interesting, that the Bulls actually offered Curry $400,000 a year for the next 50 years if he had "failed" the DNA test they wanted him to take.

12. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

Forget the heart thing - Curry's proven himself to be lazy, self-centered, immature, and unable to keep himself in playing shape. The guy hasn't even been working out this summer, and broke off talks with Atlanta when they asked him to workout for them. Derrick Coleman part 2.

Evan

13. madmonkey37

madmonkey37 Contributing Member

From what I hear its Curry and Davis for Tim Thomas, Mike Sweetney, Jermaine Jackson, and 2 picks

14. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

If so, what a rotten deal for NYK.

15. RocketsFAN3035

Jerome James, and I'd rather have a guy with a heart condition than Jerome James

16. Hakeem06

Hakeem06 Member

i like eddy curry but i think something is seriously wrong with his heart. he wouldn't take the dna test (which he has every right NOT to take) for a reason.

and if he wasn't working out this offseason he's probably back up to his 300+ pounds which really limits the good footwork he has when he's down around the 280 he was last season.

if curry is healthy i would say the knicks got a good deal but i don't think he is healthy. this is going to bad for new york considering the fact that they got rid of the solid kurt thomas and back up jerome williams to make room for mike sweetney in the starting role at PF.

17. tiger0330

tiger0330 Contributing Member

I would cut Curry some slack, after all he was just diagnosed with an irrythamic heart condition.

18. apostolic3

apostolic3 Member

I don't cut him any slack. As soon as he signs for guaranteed money, Curry will revert to his lazy, undedicated form. The only reason he finally came in to camp in shape last year was because he had a contract year coming up. Olowokandi#2. Larry Brown will tear him down.

19. foodworld

foodworld Member

This isn't a big blow for Chicago -- Chandler is a legit center, but was playing power forward because Curry is too slow-footed to guard NBA-level power forwards.

But they could've done better than Sweetney... now he really doesn't have a position to play, and his weight detracts from his natural talent (if he lost thirty pounds, he'd be a much better banger/rebounder than he is now.)

I dunno. This fills a desperate need for the Knicks, but at the same time they add someone who could suffer a career-ending heart relapse, and probably give up a crap-load of draft picks, something they can't really afford to do.

20. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

Swetney is the second coming of Tractor Traylor. Curry the second coming of Joe Barry Carroll. What a waste.