1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Eddie not happy

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rezdawg, Jul 9, 2002.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

I have spoken with Eddie on a number of occasions. He is not happy with the power forward situation. He feels that his game cannot properly develop with the glut of power forwards on the team. He has discussed with his agent, the possibility of going back home to Philly after his contract finishes.

He is demanding that something be done. The Rockets have no choice but to get rid of either KT or MoTay. They said that they will do what they can to help Eddie stay in H-Town.

Rudy has also told me that he will step down as coach if they do not make the playoffs this year.

The new uniforms will come out in two years. I helped design them. They look pretty good.

How do you guys like my Troy impersonation?

2. emoreland

emoreland Contributing Member

you suck LOL

3. OldManBernie

OldManBernie Old Fogey

scared me there... I thought Troy found a way to hack into other people's accounts to post messages...

4. CoinToss

CoinToss Contributing Member

Troy is becoming a bad influence on people around here.

I think my heart skipped a beat when I read this post.

5. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

Hey, rezdawg

Why are you a junior member still, with 342 posts?

Just Curious.

Speaking of TB,

I'm fairly new to this board (If only I'd known about it before!), but why do we trust that anybody really is an insider just because they claim to be??

Nothing against this site, because I love the chat, but don't Rockets "insiders" and personnel have better things to do than bandy gossip around a website?

Maybe there is reason to believe some "insiders" over others. If so, I'd love to hear it. But seeing TB rile up so much pointless emotion and negativity with such obvious BS has kind of soured me on this "insider" business.

6. rezdawg

Good point!! Why am I a junior member???

7. drpepper

drpepper Member

That **** was funny, man.

8. OldManBernie

OldManBernie Old Fogey

Since you are new to the site, you probably don't have knowledge of the history of clutchcity.net.

I started logging on to cc.net a few weeks before the Steve Francis trade. Someone forcasted the trade after eavesdropping a Rocket exec at a mall. I didn't believe it at first because it was so outrageous. When the trade materialized, I realized cc.net is a good place for Rockets info. While I don't any of us actually work for the Rockets, many members here are very good at eavesdropping and stalking.

Also, credit has to be given to Doc Rocket and Popeye for continuously supplying us with good info. It might be hard to believe everybody, but Doc and Pop are generally very reliable sources.

Hope that clears things up...

9. OldManBernie

OldManBernie Old Fogey

Rez,

I think it's because of stunts like this that makes you a junior member. :D

10. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

Troy is clearly someone who does hang around Francis and is privvy to his thoughts. He's not an insider to the organization. He's someone who hears what Francis thinks from time to time and it makes him feel almighty big to come around here and post like he's got gospel truth. It's not surprising at all to me that this type of 'insider' has this kind of time on his hands. All celebrities have friends. Most of them even have embarassing friends. Troy is one of these type of friends. I don't think he should be banned because I enjoy hearing what I believe to be Steve's (embarassing) knee jerk reactions, unedited and before he comes to his senses. But I do think Troy deserves every bit of the flaming he gets. He's a jerk, plain and simple. He doesn't work or play well with others. But he knows Steve and so he thinks he's a genius. Take it for what it's worth -- very little -- and keep watching the skies for popeye and Doc Rocket.

11. rezdawg

What makes you think he knows steve?

12. OldManBernie

OldManBernie Old Fogey

Maybe Troy can read his mind through telepathy...

13. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

I think he knows Steve because he was here posting how unhappy Steve was with the idea of picking Ming before anyone else and was later backed up by Doc and Clutch, who said Steve was indeed pissed. I also have no problem believing that Steve has irrational, emotional reactions to decisions that affect his job, his career and his livelihood. I think we all do. The interesting thing here is that his 'good friend' TroyBaros posts them for the world to see before Steve can cool down and act rationally, which he generally does before he speaks publicly. If I were Steve, and if I knew for sure which of my friends was doing this, I would beat the hell out of him. But that's just me. As TB said, I'm a high school kid. Almost makes me wish he was right about anything at all. I could use the extra fifteen years.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.