1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

EC Quarter Finals #3: VBG vs Yung-T

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by 123Rockets, Sep 2, 2012.

?

Who will win in a 7 game series?

1. Yung-T

64.3%
  2. VBG

35.7%
  1. 123Rockets

123Rockets Member

Please if possible, explain why a team is better after voting in the poll. Don't think just about big-name players or 1-on-1 match ups. Thunk about how they will player together as a team, leadership, if the team can finish in the clutch, things like that. Thanks!

VBG

PG - Ty Lawson
    SG - Aaron Afflalo
    SF - Shawn Marion
    PF - Dirk Nowitzki
    C- Kevin Garnett
    Bench - Avery Bradley, Danilo Gallinari, Nic Collison

VS

Yung-T

PG - Mike Conley $7,180,000
    SG - Paul George $2,574,120
    SF - LeBron James $17,545,000
    PF - Ersan Ilyasova $7,900,000
    C - Roy Hibbert $13,668,750
    Bench
    PF/C - Ed Davis $2,207,040
    SG/PG - Klay Thompson $2,286,000
    SG/SF - Danny Green $3,500,000

Good luck.

2. RedNation

RedNation Contributing Member

This gon be good

3. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

You did this on purpose haha.

4. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

5. 123Rockets

123Rockets Member

I'm going to get flamed for this and hated on, but I vote for VBG. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Kevin Garnett alongside Dirk Nowitski. They can open sooo many lanes for speedy Ty Lawson. VBG has built a team. He has Gallo, and Marion who is a good cutter. So much shooting, that Yung-T will be forced to play Hibbert vs Garnett on the outside or Ily vs Dirk 1-on-1. Garnett will murder Hibbert. Hibbert is soft and has extremely slow laterall quickness guarding Garnett who can playing in an out. Lebron is the best player in the NBA, but has Marion on him who can somewhat slow him down. But, I have to say VGB just because of his amazing defense and ability to open up laned for Lawson and find open shooter. If defenses don't collapse... KG and Dirk will have a fun day playing one-on-one with Ily and Hibbert. VBG can put out an amazing defensive lineup out to close games and has Dirk as an amazing clutch performer. Yung-T doesn't have many finishers in the clutch. Soo hard to choose, but VGB wins the series 4-3 with every single game going into triple overtime.

6. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Don't see how KG will have a field day and I can also put Bron on Dirk or switch to a zone when Marion is on the floor, but okay...

7. BigMaloe

i voted yung t but it was extrremely close to being vbg...

8. 123Rockets

123Rockets Member

And put Ily on Gallenari? Alright...

9. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

You can only play Gallo or Marion, put Galli on the floor and Bron will drop 40+. Put Marion on the floor and I can guard Dirk with Bron. You are always actin like he has Marion and Gallo at the same time.

10. BigMaloe

yung ts arguement is always 'ill put bron on him'

he can only gaurd one player at a time and bron has to be on somebody, and if he is on dirk that leaves ilyasova gaurding danillo or marion... you can keep saying you wil run a zone also, but hes got the shooters and slashers to attack a zone...

yung t, your biased and super high on your team... its cool tho, you should be...

11. 123Rockets

123Rockets Member

Gallo is an average defender. Lebron doesn't regulary drop 40. He'll drop 27 like normal.

12. RedNation

RedNation Contributing Member

Really don't see yung t losing here, or anywhere else (except maybe bluffkin). Kg won't destroy hibbert lmao. I'll actually explain when I get to a computer

13. 123Rockets

123Rockets Member

Hibbert is slow as heck and can't move his feet. He won't come outside where KG can shoot his midrange shot.

14. VBG

VBG Member

Bron on Dirk would be a huge mistake as it could easily lead to Bron being in foul trouble and also force him to spend way too much energy defensively.

Zone defense wouldn't really work since everyone else apart from Marion on my team is a fantastic shooter. You're basically inviting open shots for Lawson, Afflalo, Gallo, KG and Dirk or even Avery Bradley when he is in.

My team has Shawn Marion and Kevin Garnett who are the two players who play Lebron extremely well. If Lebron is even slowed down, Yung T's team falls apart completely.

My bench is also vastly superior to Yung T's. Avery Bradley sent Ray Allen to the bench. Paul George had difficulty against Wade, but Bradley is arguably a better defender (he can focus more on defense).

I understand Lebron is amazing but that is the only position he has an advantage in if you really break it down.

And everything Lebron does to help his team offensively, Dirk does just as well. And everythign Lebron does to help the team defensively, Garnett does even better.

So I implore voters to look beyond Lebron. Remember 2011. Lebron can be beaten and my team has every feature necessary. My team is the 2011 Mavs on steroids.

Lawson - Better than Kidd and Barea. Barea looked so good in the playoffs in the PnR with Dirk. Lawson is a much better player than Barea. With Garnett and Dirk on the floor the bigs will be stretched out.

Bradley/Afflalo - Can focus on defense and are snipers beyond the 3 point line.

Marion - Focus on defense on Lebron. He is good at cutting to the basket and since he is always surrounded by shooters, his lack of a shot isn't a problem.

Gallo - Instant bench offense. Creative player who is by far the best bench option. Can take advantage of tired legs.

Collison - Just in there to spot minutes and play smart basketball.

Please look beyond Lebron. My team is better/can match his at everything else. I know Lebron is Lebron. But Dirk is no slouch. And I have basically the best defensive combo on Lebron.

15. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

My argument is I can put Bron on Dirk, Marion or Gallo are not intimidatin anyone with their offense.

You just acted like Marion will drop 20+ on Ilya, wtf?

And what are his slashers?

16. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Loooool VBG and you say I'm biased after you wrote that and implied Dirk has a bigger impact than LeBron? Wow.....

17. VBG

VBG Member

Hibbert gets murdered in the PnR and PnP. Garnett scores on those types of plays. Hibbert can guard Garnett post ups BUT THAT DOESNT MATTER because Garnett doesn't score as often in that way. Hibbert is not mobile.

And defensively, KG can shut down Hibbert.

18. VBG

VBG Member

Again, you need to improve your reading comprehension.

Dirk makes people around him better offensively like Lebron does.
    Defensively Garnett makes people better around him like Lebron does.

Unless you think JJ Barea and Jason Terry are the second coming of Isaiah Thomas and Ray Allen, you have to give Dirk a lot of the credit for forcing the defense to move while guarding PnRs.

19. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Bron dropped 29.3 ppg on Marion in 2012 and shot on 61% fgs, 8.7reb and 6.7ast while having a 31 +/-. Marion was a desaster vs. him this season.

20. 123Rockets

123Rockets Member

Lawson is one of the best slashers in the game. Bradley can also slash. Gallo is deadly on offense, especially with ilyasova on him. Hibbert is immobile and is very bad vs shooting bigs. He can't move his feet fast enough, and can't come to the outside where KG can easily run past him. Hibbert had to be taught how to run properly at Georgetown.