1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[EC First Round] (3)Philadelphia vs. (6)Brooklyn

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by J.R., Apr 10, 2019.

?

(3)Philadelphia vs. (6)Brooklyn

Poll closed Apr 13, 2019.
  1. Sixers in 4

12.5%
  2. Sixers in 5

18.8%
  3. Sixers in 6

50.0%
  4. Sixers in 7

3.1%
  5. Nets in 7

6.3%
  6. Nets in 6

3.1%
  7. Nets in 5

3.1%
  8. Nets in 4

3.1%
  1. the shark

the shark Member

HELLO.....Philly fans boo Santa Claus!!

topfive and Patience like this.
  2. Koperboy

Koperboy Member

Lol no he wouldn't. He is best at pick&roll game which Harden and Paul already excel at. We need guys who don't need the ball in their hands to be good. With the ball in Jimmy's hands, Harden would just stand behind three point line, leaving his team to effectively play 4 on 4. He already does that when Chris Paul is playmaking, isn't that enough? He would be another EG with better driving and defense, but lousy 3pt shot and inability to spot up.

malakas and RyanB like this.
  3. J.R.

J.R. Member

4. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

So you're trying to tell me the Rockets don't need another guy that can get his own shot, excels in the PnR and could potentially take the pressure off of Harden when he is being triple teamed??

[​IMG]

topfive likes this.
  5. Koperboy

Koperboy Member

Tobias's role is to spot up at 3pt line with Simmons beside him and to create a bit when Simmons sits. Philly's biggest problem is Simmon's lack of shooting. At end of first half when Jimmy hit that big three he was playing point-center (similar to Draymond Green) with Embiid on the bench, which is an ideal role for him. The problem with that role is it doesn't involve Philly's best player, which is Embiid. Simmons needs a Buck' like system, but Embiid isn't as good of a shooter as Lopez and he needs lots of space too.

Philly has to get rid of either Simmons or Embiid (preferably Simmons) or this roster is going nowhere.

RyanB likes this.
  6. Koperboy

Koperboy Member

Yes, because Butler would be underused in our offense for the payday he demands. He would be a great fit if CP3 wasn't already here.

7. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

[​IMG]

8. Koperboy

Koperboy Member

Do kids nowadays use animated gifs to cover their lack of arguments and look cool at the same time?

9. Vivi

Vivi Member

It's not enough because Chris Paul is aging, this season you can already see it, between one thing and another he's already looking less good then a year ago, we just can't hope he's going to get better or stay as good as he is/was since he's basically 34. We would really benefit by getting another star at this point, even better if it's a SF (which is basically our only hole in the starting 5), this could give us the chance to give Harden a guaranteed right arm for the next years, and at the same time the ability to play Chris less minutes/games in order to keep him as healty as possible for the playoffs. If Chris gets injured as today we're going nowhere, that's just reality, if Chris gets injured and we have another star next to James, we would still be able to compete with every team.

10. Koperboy

Koperboy Member

With what cap space exactly? I mean, can we please stick to reality? Discussing fairy tales is a waste of time.

11. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Not only that, it's pretty efficient when it encapsulates all my feeling without using any keystrokes. I'm not going to convince you that Butler would be good for the Rockets so what the point of arguing? I disagree. Take the gif with you.

12. Vivi

Vivi Member

The famous opt in trade of course, or with a trade during the season, i'm not saying it's likely (even though i think it is for Butler :D), just that it's what we should do.

13. Koperboy

Koperboy Member

Yes he would be great at 10M per, so we can fill our bench with decent guys and not end up like top-heavy Philly with no bench play. Three Nets bench players outscored four Philly's starters.

Butler wants MAX. It seems like a bunch of guys here are forgetting that.

Little Bit likes this.
  14. Koperboy

Koperboy Member

Do you really think Butler is willing to postpone his last big contract for one more year and risk an injury just to help the Rockets? Come on...

15. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

No one forgets that, some of us just don't care. It's not my money.

16. Koperboy

Koperboy Member

It's not about whose money is it, it's about not being able to execute that at all without emptying the bench and even then it's hardly likely. I mean, do you really think an owner who gave Morey the order to reduce luxury tax in the midst of our championship window would approve of such spending? Let's discuss realistic possibilities.

17. Vivi

Vivi Member

Chris Paul was older and more injured prone than Butler when he did so, yeah.

18. Koperboy

Koperboy Member

Because obviously Morey already agreed to give him max whatever happens. If he didn't, CP would become a free agent after tweaking his hammy for the millionth time and get significantly less money in FA.

19. Vivi

Vivi Member

So, are you saying it's possible Morey already agreed to max Butler? ;)

20. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Like I said, I don't care. If Morey said that's his target, I'm not going to be out here spending time coming up with theories why it's a bad idea.