1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

East semis 1

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by Jamers, Jul 13, 2012.

1. Jamers

Jamers Member

Frontcourt- Who has the better FC

Backcourt- Who has the better BC

Bench- WHo has the better bench

Offense- Which team has the better overall team offense. Which teams offense would run smoother and be more effective.

Defense- Which team plays better defense? This includes team defense as well as individual defense

Chemistry- which team would have better chemistry and work together better. For example, a team full of scorers who like to keep the ball in their hands wouldn't work very well.

Based on these categories, you will determine the winner. IN THE END, WHO WILL WIN A 7 GAME SERIES

JumpMan

C - Bill Russell
    PF - Dirk Nowitzki
    SF - Bobby Jones
    SG - Sidney Moncrief
    PG - Steve Nash

Bench:
    F - Dave DeBusschere
    G - Joe Dumars
    F - Larry Nance

Vs

Fadeaway

PG: Gary Payton
    SG: Dwyane Wade
    SF: Larry Bird
    PF: Dennis Rodman
    C: Willis Reed

Bench:
    Amare Stoudemire
    Glen Rice
    Deron Williams

2. JumpMan

JumpMan Contributing Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Starting Lineup:

FORWARD: Dave DeBusschere (MPG: 26)

[​IMG]

1974 Final Season:
    Code:
    PPG	RPG	APG	TS%	eFG%	TRB%	AST%	PER
    18.1	10.7	3.6	.490	.461	14.8	13.9	16.3
    Code:
    2 X NBA Champion
    6 X NBA All-Defensive First Team 
    8 X All-Star
    FORWARD: Dirk Nowitzki (MPG: 38)

[​IMG]

2007 MVP Season:

Code:
    26.6	9.0	2.8	.589	.515	14.2	14.7	28.1
    Code:
    1 X NBA MVP
    1 X NBA Champion 
    1 X NBA Finals Most Valuable Player  
    4 X All-NBA First Team 
    5 X All-NBA Second Team 
    3 X All-NBA Third Team 
    CENTER: Bill Russell (MPG: 42)

[​IMG]

1965 MVP Season:

Code:
    14.1	24.1	5.3	.472	.438	21.2*	14.8	19.5
    133.6 Defensive Win Shares**
    4.827 MVP Award Shares (5th place all-time)
    Code:
     5 X NBA Most Valuable PLayer 
    11 X NBA Champion 
     3 X All-NBA First Team 
     8 X All-NBA Second Team 
     1 X All-Defensive First Team 
    *Estimated by me using available stats and rebound% formula
    **Next closest is Kareem Abdul-Jabbar with 94.49

GUARD: Sidney Moncrief (MPG: 36)

[​IMG]

1984 DPoY Season:

Code:
    20.9	6.7	4.5	.591	.500	9.8	17.1	19.8
    Code:
    2 X NBA Defensive Player of the Year 
    1 X All-NBA First Team 
    4 X All-NBA Second Team 
    4 X All-Defensive First Team 
    1 X All-Defensive Second Team 
    GUARD: Steve Nash (MPG: 36)

[​IMG]

2005 MVP Season:

Code:
    15.5	3.3	11.5	.606	.557	5.2	49.2	22.0
    Code:
    2 X NBA Most Valuable Player 
    3 X All-NBA First Team 
    2 X All-NBA Second Team 
    2 X All-NBA Third Team
    Bench:

GUARD: Joe Dumars (MPG: 24)

[​IMG]

1989 NBA Finals MVP Season:

Code:
    17.2	2.5	5.7	.571	.513	4.0	24.3	16.8
    Code:
    2 X NBA Champion 
    1 X NBA Finals Most Valuable Player 
    1 X All-NBA Second Team 
    4 X All-Defensive First Team 
    FORWARD: Larry Nance (MPG: 18)

[​IMG]

1989 All-Defensive 1st Team Season:

Code:
    PPG	RPG	APG	BPG	TS%	eFG%	TRB%	AST%	PER
    17.2	8.0	2.2	2.8	.590	.539	18.0	13.0	19.9
    Code:
    3 X NBA All-Star 
    1 X All-Defensive First Team 
    2 X All-Defensive Second Team 
    FORWARD: Bobby Jones (MPG: 20)

[​IMG]

1983 6MoY/Championship Season:

Code:
    PPG	RPG	SPG	BPG	TS%	eFG%	TRB%	AST%	PER
    14.4	5.2	1.3	1.5	.620	.564	10.1	12.0	19.3
    Code:
     1 X NBA Champion 
     1 X NBA Sixth Man of the Year 
    10 X All-Defensive First Team 
    TEAM OFFENSE:

Quick transition from defense to offense, seven seconds or less fast paced offense. Primary half-court offense led by Nash featuring pick and rolls/pops with Nowitzki, Russell, and Nance. Secondary half-court offense featuring Nowitzki and Russell at the high-post; triple-threat for Nowitzki and cuts for Russell. Isolation, post-ups, slashing, and play-making roles for Moncrief, Dumars, and Nance. Efficient and hustle buckets from Jones, DeBusschere, Nance, and Russell.

Besides Russell and DeBusschere, everyone on the team is very efficient (Russell and DeBusschere were effecient for their era); besides Russell, everyone on the team hits their freethrows (Russell made them in the clutch); everyone on the team can pass (Nash and Russell historically so for their positions); spacing provided by Nash, Dumars, Nowitzki, and Nance; ball-handling duties provided by Nash, Moncrief, and Dumars; slashing from Moncrief, Dumars, and Nance.

TEAM DEFENSE:

Russell will be Nash of the defense, helping everyone become better defenders because he erases defensive mistakes with his help defense. Moncrief will be the perimeter stopper capable of defending both guard positions; Dumars will do the same as a defensive duo or with Nash. Jones and DeBusschere will guard the small forwards and certain power forwards depending on matchups. Nance will come in and replicate as best he can Russell's role (capable weakside defender) and defend power forwards much better than Nowitzki.

Individually, Russell is the best interior defender in history; Moncrief is arguably the best perimeter defender ever (Jordan and Pippen have cases); DeBusschere and Jones were some of the best defensive forwards in history; Dumars and Nance can replicate the defensive skills of Moncrief and Russell off the bench; in total, there are 26 All-Defensive First Team selections on this team not counting the 12 seasons Russell played in which the honor did not exist.

REBOUNDING:

The outstanding rebounding of Russell and Nowitzki's focus on defensive rebounding (he is one of the better defensive rebounders in the league) makes for a strong big-man rebounding combination. Moncrief and DeBusschere are above-average rebounders for their positions, too. Nance comes in and provides great rebounding when Russell is on the bench; when both are together, they'll rival any duo in this league. Overall, the fast-break offense of this team will sometimes catch board crashing teams slipping or concede occasional offensive rebounds; either way, it's a solid rebounding team.

CHEMISTRY:

There isn't a player on this team who has to drastically change their historic role. Nash will run the offense (his teams have been historic in this regard), Russell will run the defense (again, historic in this regard) and rebounding and occasionally run the offense (led his team in assists once or twice), Nowitzki will be the main scorer (leader of great offenses), Moncrief and Dumars will have combo-guard responsibilities, Nance will have isolation and post-up opportunities on offense and help-defender/rebounder on defense, and DeBusschere and Jones will do the dirty work on the team. There isn't a player on this team whose weaknesses are not addressed: Russell is not a great offensive player, Nash and Nowitzki are two of the most impactful players ever on offense (see their own and their team's offensive ratings); Nash and Nowitzki are bad individual defenders, they'll never be on the court without three great defenders; Russell was terribly inefficient for his position, not exactly true in his era, but everyone else besides DeBusschere is highly efficient. Finally, as far as I know, none of the players on this team were ever bad for team chemistry so even if they did have to play a role they aren't accustomed to they wouldn't complain about it.

3. RedNation

RedNation Contributing Member

Vote thanks :)

4. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

i vote for jump

5. RedNation

Jumpman. I will explain later tonight

6. Sigmund

Sigmund Member

Fadeaway got best team. Now some team with elite low post center could cause them problem, but Russell isn't that.

7. RedNation

Vote on the others too please :)

8. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Frontcourt- Who has the better FC
    Tie - I grade the 3 on both the front and back court... that being said i honestly have no F'in clue who bobby jones is... call me un-informed but, im lost with that guy... i love the russell and dirk combo, much more than rodman and reed... i love bird much more than jones?... so its a tie

Backcourt- Who has the better BC
    Fadeaway - again i judge the 3 both ways... and i still dont know who bobby jones is... i also like the payton and wade combo more than the nash moncrief combo... larry bird is the deciding factor tho...

Bench- WHo has the better bench
    JumpMan - buschey, dumars and nance is nice... i like deron, amare, and rice but they seem like lower level role players who would make less of an impact than jumpman's...

Offense- Which team has the better overall team offense. Which teams offense would run smoother and be more effective.
    JumpMan - i jus dont understand jones as a starting 3... why isnt debush starting??? other than that i like his offensive look... i like fadeaways backcourt but i dont see his post game being much of a factor over russell...

Defense- Which team plays better defense? This includes team defense as well as individual defense
    fadeaway - jumpman has good defenders, but nash and dirk are one-way players and im still lost on jones starting... with rodman i see fadeaway winning the rebound battle along with the glove and dwade, nice...

Chemistry- which team would have better chemistry and work together better. For example, a team full of scorers who like to keep the ball in their hands wouldn't work very well.
    JumpMan - nash and dirk played together and had a nice uptempo PnR / PnP chemistry...

Jamers in 7... i like his overall balance more, even with jones who i know nothing about..

9. JumpMan

JumpMan Contributing Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

DeBusschere is a starter.

Otherwise, nice explanation.

10. RedNation

Jamers? lol

11. RedNation

Jumpman leads 3-1

12. BigMaloe

:grin:

lmao...

uhm yea , oooooops.....

13. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

I smell conspiracy!

14. BigMaloe

lmao... izak i like you as a poster, i think you got a nice team, i also thought you lost 1st rd...

but its ok... i got swept... not the end of the world jus yet...

15. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

I ain't even mad...:)

Haven't lost yet:grin:

16. Jamers

Jamers Member

oh deym, i think i haven't voted on this one yet. I'll go with jumpMan..

Reed and Rodman can't stop Russell and Dirk. That's a huge advantage there.

Debu***** (too tired to move up for spelling), dumars, moncrief are excellent defenders and will give Bird - wade a hard time. Though i give advantage(scoring) on BC to fadeaway.

Defense is a tie. Two teams are great on D.

offense - Tie.

Bench - Fadeaway - that's a deep bench out there.

I think the clincher here is the FC... that's too much for them to handle. Russell and Rodman will have an epic battle on rebounds

it will be a 7 game series with Dirk's layup at the buzzer.- JumpMan

17. fadeaway

fadeaway Contributing Member

Come on guys, my team definitely doesn't deserve to be blown out this badly.

18. fadeaway

fadeaway Contributing Member

To those discounting my front court, Willis Reed is a former MVP, and regularly held his own against the likes of Kareem Abdul-Jabbar and Wilt Chamberlain. Rodman's value should be obvious.

But I think my main strength is overall team balance. This is not just a collection of all-stars thrown together. Everyone has a specific role.

19. VBG

VBG Member

Both teams have perfect defensive matchups against the other teams offense. This would have been a very ugly series.

Rodman and Payton stopping the Nash + Dirk PnR.

Bobby Jones and Sidney Moncreif funneling everything that Wade and Bird do into Bill Russel.

If you really look at it, JumpMan has an insane defensive lineup but offensively I think Fadeaway is better. IT's quite close overall though.

20. RedNation

Jumpman wins 4-2