1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dwight's Back to Back games

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Charles Jones, Mar 30, 2015.

Tags:
?

What game should Howard sit?

1. game 1

20 vote(s)
    60.6%
  2. game 2

13 vote(s)
    39.4%
  1. Charles Jones

Charles Jones Member

Dwight is obviously not going to be playing any back to back games the rest of the year. With 2 b2b games left I think it would benefit the team to have him sit the first game and help with the load the second game. I know tonights game we killed ourselves at the FT line but with Howard in the game he would of easily changed 2-3 FGs from the raptors. What do you guys think?

2. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Only two back to backs left.

I say sit vs. SAC and play vs. Mavs, especially since it looks like both Boogie and Rudy will be out.

For the second -- play vs. New Orleans and sit vs. Hornets. We need every win we can possibly get against a division opponent. And Big Al is banged up anyway.

3. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

My thoughts.

4. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

I say we play him against Sactown. Yes, Cousins might sit(although we may not know til right before tipoff tomorrow) and Gay is out. But you don't screw around with these games that you're supposed to win. Get the (supposedly)easy W and then give Dallas your best shot sans Dwight. The good news is the Mavs will also be playing a B2B(they're at OKC the night before) and might still be without Monta.

As for the final B2B, play him against the Pelicans obviously. We need his size in there against Davis. Presumably, we'll have T-Jones and D-Mo back by then, so we won't be too undersized against the Hornets. Plus Charlotte may not even wanna win that game if they're mathematically eliminated from the playoffs by then.

5. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

We have to look at the remaining schedule as a whole because the B2B's don't exist in a vacuum.

[​IMG]

In order to have an effective recovery, it would be best for Dwight to have as many days as possible in between games. This means having to prioritize health over individual matchups.

-------

From April 8th vs the Spurs to April 13th vs the Hornets, we have 4 games in 6 nights. It would make sense for Dwight to have some rest during the middle of the stretch (vs NOP) rather than at the tail end (vs. Charlotte).

The Sacto/Dallas B2B can go wither way, but I personally prefer him to rest vs Dallas so that he doesn't have to get bruised up by Chandler.

------

TL;DR: Wiz -> 2 days rest -> Sac -> 3 days rest (DNP vs Dallas) -> OKC -> 2 days rest -> @SAS -> 1 day rest -> SAS -> 2 days rest (DNP vs NOP) -> Charlotte -> 1 day rest -> Utah

Also, we have to assume that all the starters will be on a severe minutes restriction vs Utah. Unnecessary injury risk.

6. fonzie_004

fonzie_004 Member

agree, I've also stopped caring about seeding - yeah I want home court but whoever we play I don't actually care.. the idea is to win a chip and you have to go through everyone to do it. so lets not let the first round matchup define us, lets take it head on and march through them all