1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dwight Howard requests buyout, wants to join contender.

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by jacoby, Jun 21, 2018.

1. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

I would much rather have Gortat than Dwight. And Dwight back on the Lakers again? Hard to see that happening after that debacle last time.

The Knicks, on the other hand... Signing Dwight is the Knicksiest thing the Knicks could do. I can totally see this happening.

2. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

3. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Yes go to Golden State. Give 3 months before they have locker room problems. Hahahaah

hakeem94 likes this.
  4. mockster

mockster Member

Why would nets trade for Howard then release him?. I’m confused about that.

5. mrm32

mrm32 Member

They free up 2 max slots next year.

c1utchfan925 likes this.
  6. mockster

mockster Member

But why wouldn’t they of just released the player they had?

Nvm read the original trade post, they save money somehow and as you said get 2 max slots

7. mrm32

mrm32 Member

I believe Mozgov’s contract was longer. By trading him for Dwight they get one less year on the books this allowing them to have two max slots next year. They have no use for Dwight and are doing him favor by buying him out (probably less than what he was owed this year). Charlotte does this trade because 2 second round picks is better than nothing and Mozgov’s contract lessens the tax burden on them.

mockster likes this.
  8. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

Cavs with lbj or spurs would be where I would go.

9. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

some people never learn

10. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

Dwight is going to Lakers - knee jerk reaction of every media member...would be funny if he went to the Warriors but my impression is the Warriors experimented a bit with bringing in a head case last year with Nick Young and the team was not pleased with the distraction. I can't imagine they would bring in the ultimate head case after that but who knows...

hakeem94 likes this.
  11. BackdoorHarden

This is so funny!!

""Well, it looks like Superman has found a home," Bryant wrote. "…The Lakers have landed a piece that will hopefully carry the franchise long after I'm gone. I have spoken to Dwight Howard, and we are locked and loaded to hopefully bring back the title.""

vick likes this.
  12. BackdoorHarden

Dwight's Legacy!!! He can be the Yokoaomanonon of the Beatles and John Lennon

"A Warriors team that believes its better at these things than everyone else and is looking to fill the center spot with veteran minimum contracts has to be tantalized by the chance to plug Howard into that hole. In which, Howard’s greatest legacy might be bringing down the Golden State dynasty."

13. riko

riko Member

The warriors are a well run organization so I doubt they would be interested

14. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

We need to improve this team or we are not winning anything.

15. c1utchfan925

c1utchfan925 Contributing Member

Yeah there was no way they were going to make the trade to get rid of Mozgov and keep Howard and Lopez.

He might as well join the GSW or wherever LeBron ends up, just don't bother coming back here.

daywalker02 likes this.
  16. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

All I gotta say is if Dwight goes to Golden Starr and doesn’t get called for random moving screens like he did when he was here, then the NBA is clearly rigged. I expect at least 2 offensive fouls a game.

Torn n Frayed and justtxyank like this.
  17. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

Didn't Durant call him a pu55y. Not gonna happen in gsw

18. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

Brooklyn thinking as if they have chance to land all star free agents next summer :D:D:D

19. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

You know they signed Swaggy P & Javalle McGee right? It's like placing two kitty cat stickers on a Picasso - it's still a Picasso but you try to position the frame so you don't see too much of the stickers - you know what I'm saying?

Williamson likes this.
  20. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Next year is the first year they will have their own pick again, so they need to tank. Essentially they just got rid of Mozgov's 16.7 mill guaranteed for the 2019-2020 season in exchange for paying more $$ this season.

BigMaloe and roslolian like this.