1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dramatic Mortality Rate Increase Among Middle-Aged Whites Since 1999

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by gifford1967, Mar 13, 2016.

1. gifford1967

gifford1967 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

If you want to begin to understand the rise of Trump this is the place to start looking. This is a population in mental and physical crisis that has been failed by the political party that it embraced. Instead of addressing their real needs, the Republicans have fed them a steady diet of culture war bullsh!t and economic malpractice.

2. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

No, just crappy choices out of an abundance of options for diet, activities and drugs and alcohol. Even still, not a crisis of any kind that warrants a meaningful critique of half of the political establishment.

3. Orange

Orange Member

When whites a already affected you can expect a call to action.

4. roxxfan

roxxfan Contributing Member

Obviously dying from gang-related activity. Thugs.

5. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

The rise of the femi-nazi is in direct correlation to middle-aged white male deaths.

6. Exiled

Exiled Member

Most scientific researches conducted in the usa within the past decade are

questionable , often guided by political agenda ,fund seeking ,or designed by

default to be something different or unexpected so it can be published

1 person likes this.
  7. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

No, but it bears mentioning that drug gangs misdirected then narrowed and truncated black males' social outlook and economic ambition, at the same time the rest of the country tripled its college enrollment and built a global service and information economy. Then their culture seeped into mass media, amplified and reinforced a self-segregating and contrarian behavioral model for blacks, and legitimized white flight and de facto segregation by reinforcing every negative racial stereotype imaginable.

8. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Undoubtedly because of Americans terrible modern diets, pollution, high stress and bad lifestyle choices (smoking, lack of exercise, alcohol etc).

The people of this country really need to become much more health conscious, which starts with greater health education.

9. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

24 hr news cycle lead to white male anger. Yes. Powerful it is.
    Anger lead to decreased life span.

10. xcrunner51

xcrunner51 Contributing Member

My own personal experience:

Of the people in my age cohort that I know that passed away over the last decade, the break down is:
    -one South Asian male from a sudden heart attack, likely a congenital heart problem
    -one White male from an acute acquired illness (meningitis).
    -three White males from suicide.

Obviously SSS, but i've pondered the white male suicide thing before.

11. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

I remember in the Sony leaks someone said that suicide among White Males in their 50s was pretty high. It was in reference to Robin Williams.

12. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I guess we will soften the War on Drugs
    They are no longer JUNKIES WHO DESERVE WHAT THEY GET but now will be seen as victims and patients

I suspect We might want to look at the water like in Flint
    Flint is not unique it is just the FACE of the bigger issue

Esp considering that we KNOW that some poisoning happens by corporations
    I'm not saying it was on purpose but the **** happened

This is not something that happened over night
    and it is not going away over night.

Rocket River

13. gifford1967

Supporting Member

Those crappy choices are equally available for the entire population. Middle aged whites are the only sector seeing an increase in mortality. Something different is going on with this group.

14. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Not really. They were the first to realize the lifespan benefits of medical advancements and the first to realize the deleterious effects of the modern lifestyle. I expect we'll see hispanic and black gains on mortality rates to plateau soon also. And, as we reform our habits in diet and exercise, probably whites will again to be the first to benefit.

15. gifford1967

Supporting Member

This doesn't explain the trend at all.

16. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Drug, alcohol and suicide. Article also mention physical pain. So, mental stress and physical pain. Perhaps economic and demographic change related.

There was an article from NYT I believe that narrowed the group down even further - to White that hold a high school education or less. College educated actually saw a continuing decline. Tell me this is likely economic related. Less job security, longer real work hours, less real pay and less opportunity than the previous generation of non-Hispanic white generation. The other racial groups might have, over the same period, saw the same or an overall increase in opportunity (started from a lower baseline).

Minority groups has increased from ~15% to 36% of the population since the 60s and expecting to overtake White in a few decades. This maybe another factor of mental stress if you have a negative view toward losing your majority status.

17. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

So the reason is white people are racist. Got it.

18. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Strange view. Negative feelings toward losing majority status doesn't make you a racist.

19. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

No surprise this data coincides with the rise and fall of nu metal rap/rock band Limp Bizkit.

20. gifford1967

Supporting Member