1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dragic price tag in upcoming free agency

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by IzakDavid13, Mar 20, 2012.

Tags:
?

What will it cost to keep Dragic?

1. $2.5 to $3.5Mil

6 vote(s)
    2.1%
  2. $3.5 to $5mil

50 vote(s)
    17.6%
  3. MLE

107 vote(s)
    37.7%
  4. $6 to $8mil

105 vote(s)
    37.0%
  5. MAX

10 vote(s)
    3.5%
  6. Let him go

6 vote(s)
    2.1%
  1. Mariachi ROCKET

KEEP HIM BECAUSE HE DOES NOT b**** AND MOAN TO THE REFF'S LIKE KLOW7 AND PRODUCES JUST THE SAME WITH MORE DISHES! TRADE KLOW ON DRAFT NIGHT AND KEEP DORAN POR FAVOR!

2. Memento

Memento Member

i think if rockets offer him a 4 year 22-24 mill deal he would stay but that is a lot of money even more what hayes got from kings, but that is wana gona take to keep him here

3. stylus8088

stylus8088 Member

I wonder if we can somehow package Martin and the Knicks pick for Minny's pick on draft night? Would that work out to clear space for both Dragic and Lee?

4. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

To me, it's basically a question of which is better:
    resigning Goran, thereby aquiring him for nothing? (we wouldn't be giving up assets, just cap space) and turning Lowry into an impact player at another position vs.
    letting Goran walk for nothing in return, while keeping Lowry.

Because its so hard to sign impact free agents these days, I really think you have to try and move Lowry for an impact player at a different position, and use the good-will we have with Goran (by not having traded him at the deadline) to resign him, offering him a real opportunity to start.

Although Kyle is still the better point guard, i think Goran's versitility, being able to move over to the 2, makes him very interesting, especially if we move Martin (and God I hope we do).

Losing a young player of his caliber for nothing would be really tragic. And a Dragic/Llull combo at the point seems like a strong foundation for the future, especially if we can package Lowry for an impact player in the front court. Hopefully Goran can work on taking care of the ball a little better. Turnovers are the only problem with his game IMO.

5. RocketsMAN!

RocketsMAN! Member

Lowry is out of here when draft trades become legal. Bull said it himself that Lowry's illness was going to make it difficult to swing a trade at the deadline last week. I REALLY like Lowry, but Dragic has shown he's entirely capable of running this team. Lowry (in combination with picks or Martin/Scola) are going to net the Rockets the star we've been craving.

Dragic is going to get a good long, lucrative contract to stay with Houston, and he will sign it. Lee will be re-signed. If Lowry or Martin or Scola are still here after the draft, that will surprise me. This is the last splash opportunity that Morey will ever get.

1 person likes this.
  6. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

Don't think real need to clear space (assuming we cut Dalembert). We have a TON of room.

We should try to package Martin with Lowry (maybe with a pick, maybe with Dalembert) and look for a LEGIT big imo if we can come to an agreement with Dragic.

7. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

This has no effect unless no team offers him over MLE. A team with cap space can just offer him more money for less years. The advantage only applies to max players.

8. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

I love Klow but

Dragic + star player > Klow

1 person likes this.
  9. delta69er

delta69er Member

It all depends on what management does with Kyle.

I love Kyle, but if we can net a good return for him and say Scola and/or Martin, I would definitely pull the trigger on the trade and sign Dragic to be our starting PG.

10. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

^^^^^This

*exception - While I agree that we lock in big profits/maximize our return by moving Lowry and Scola + Martin's 13 mill. exp, I don't see it being Morey's last big move as he will be here for awhile.

#70 Plowman, Mar 21, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2012
  11. arjun

arjun Member

Lowry, Scola, Martin, Morris, 1st round pick (mavericks), 1st round pick (knicks).

Those are the main assets Morey has to play with come offseason. With Dragic and Lee filling in roles of Lowry and Martin (unless we trade for someone at one of those positions) I think we have a chance to really pull a superstar, not sure who....but it is a very real possibility. Add in some young players we have, and that can make some team really good.

12. Depressio

Depressio Contributing Member

I expect the market for Dragic to be similar to the one for Lowry when he became a free agent: $6 - $8 million.