1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Draft Bronny to sign Lebron after he opts out?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by AroundTheWorld, Apr 30, 2024.

1. harold bingo

harold bingo Udoka Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I personally don't even care who we win a title with. You could trade JG Jabari Tari Amen and Alperen for a bunch of new guys if it means we win a championship and I'd have zero issue with it. I just don't think adding Lebron gets us any closer to a title, I think it actually gets us further away.

MrButtocks, MadMax and clos4life like this.
  2. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

There is only one reason I support it and that's because we would be on national TV a lot. Other than that, not interested in Bron.

3. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Bronny isn't an NBA caliber talent and Lebron is done.

Hard pass.

4. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

LeBron stans duking it out with Sengunatics for franchise player bragging rights??? SIGN ME UP YES PLEASE!!!!!!!!!

5. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

Bron and Sengun would be best, and best case scenario we keep all our youngin so we'll be contending 2 year max but won't lose our rebuilding process. It'll be slowed down but not lost.

6. kspires999

kspires999 Member
    Supporting Member

Only if Lebron wants to sign for $25 million or less after opting out. /s Bonus: We can do a sign and trade where we send out Jalen /s

7. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

If you think LeBron is "done", then you didn't watch a minute of the Nuggets series.

lakersuck2 and noppeper like this.
  8. topfive

topfive CF OG

Hell yeah! Let's bet our future on someone who will be retired in 2 years and his son, who might not still be in the league at that point.

JW86 likes this.
  9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

In the past he could have guarded 1 through 5.......positionless.

10. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

First off, you are correct, I did not watch a minute of the Nuggets series...I didn't need to because it was obvious it wasn't going to be a competitive series.

Now that's out of the way, I'll explain. Lebron isn't capable of just being another player on the team, he IS the team anywhere he goes. He's the coach, the system, the franchise.

Unfortunately for him, he can't carry a team like that anymore and he'll never accept anything less. That means him being "done" earlier than what would be the case if he was a different person.

The hoops a franchise would have to jump through to have him around to produce an MJ as a Wizard type season simply aren't worth it.

The ONLY reason Lebron hasn't retired is so he can force an NBA team to draft his kid who otherwise would go undrafted.

11. AXG

AXG Member

Sure, for the vet minimum

12. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

With the second round pick, sure.

13. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

It sounds like a great way to get LeBron - but I think there might best be caution exercised....

I imagine anyone considering drafting Bronny to get LeBron will be having "off-the-record" discussions and making agreements (which will most likely go into contracts) about how often the 2 players are to be on the court together.

14. Believe It!

Believe It! Member

I was not suggesting they should try to get him. He's great and still better than all of our young dudes at this point in his career, but I would NOT want him on the team. Besides Lakers will draft Bronny, resign him to max 3 year deal and he'll retire a Laker.

15. Believe It!

Believe It! Member

Basketball WiSE???

Dude's averaging 26/7/8 on 63 TS% at 39.

Are you high?

16. hajkov

hajkov Consummate Member

Lebron praises always end with the "at this age". There is a reason why he gets these stats "at this age". Just watch some games and not only the highlights, specially in the regular season where he goes "battery saving mode" like 70% of the game. In addition the the usual LeTreatment from referees.

He is a freak of nature for sure, but there is always a limit. As for today, he is a 3rd option on a championship team at most.

17. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

18. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

Which is still light years beyond anything we have. Even our prized center who people compare to jokic (lol) doesn’t put up near the efficiency of lebron, and he can’t do anything outside of 3 feet

19. hajkov

hajkov Consummate Member

In the playoffs, yes.
    In a 82 games season, no.
    Lakers barely made the playoffs man.

20. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

He was WAY better then anyone on the rockets this season in the 82 game season. I understand hating someone but this is just wild