1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Doug Gottlieb "The Rockets are a PATHETIC playoff team"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Wylo, Mar 1, 2018.

1. Wylo

Wylo Member

Nick Wright "That's BS!"

tmoney1101, roslolian, s3ts and 2 others like this.
  2. TMac'n

TMac'n Contributing Member

3. joeson332

joeson332 Member

Lol you expect us to open that video so they can get their clicks?

4. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I'm not even mad. Rockets show up in the playoffs and it all goes away.

tmoney1101, Remlap, mikol13 and 5 others like this.
  5. Game7

Game7 Member

Let the playoffs happen...jesus. it's different every year. You can't simply say that the Rockets are a pathetic team because of what happened last year.

Deuce, Sajan, mikol13 and 1 other person like this.
  6. Reeko

Reeko Member

The Rockets being a “pathetic playoff team” is too stupid of an opinion for me to even waste my time with. Do u Doug...

macho GRANDE, mikol13, BigM and 4 others like this.
  7. marky :)

marky :) Member

Who!?!?

mikol13 and BigShasta like this.
  8. hieuytran

hieuytran Member

What's pathetic is Doug stealing someones credit card and transferring out of Notre Dame

9. emoreland

emoreland Contributing Member

The only thing pathetic was his attempt to play in the nba.

D-rock, macho GRANDE, jevjnd and 2 others like this.
  10. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Rockets - namely Paul and James - have plenty to prove in the playoffs.

Things look great though. They are each others best career teammate and Paul doesn't need being his teams best player like he's always been. James has improved since last season also.

Rockets are blasting hard.

11. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Hmmm. He said they “earned a reputation” of being a great regular season team and bad playoff team. We could quibble with “earned” there, but no question that is their reputation. He then followed that with “But I think, honestly ...” which made me think he was about to backtrack a little, but he got cut off before he could finish the sentence.

12. DirtyDizzil

DirtyDizzil Member

Doug Who? Lol

napalm06 likes this.
  13. Reeko

Reeko Member

this Rockets team with Harden, CP3, an improved Capela, and our other role players hasn’t earned any playoff reputation...this is an entirely different team so bringing up the past is irrelevant

this is something that should be said about the Raptors who’s main core has been very sub-par in the playoffs for the most part

14. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

I watched it this morning. Nick Wright was.....uh, right. He pointed out that the Rockets did make the WCF in 2015 and lost to the eventual champs. They were a crappy .500 ballclub in 2016 and not surprisingly got their asses whooped by the 73-win Warriors(albeit sans Curry). He didn't mention last season, but I will. They beat the Thunder in 5 and lost to the Spurs in 6. We can argue they should've beaten San Antonio given that they won Game 1 and Parker and Kawhi were out for part of that series, but the Spurs were better record wise and looked good enough to beat Golden State before Zaza took out Kawhi with his dirty move.

I don't get this pathetic playoff team rep they've earned. Other than 2014, has there been a postseason in the last 10 years where they've underachieved?

rm365, D-rock, macho GRANDE and 7 others like this.
  15. hvic

hvic Member

haters gonna hate

16. macan

macan Member

who tf is that dude?

17. joeson332

joeson332 Member

2008 we had that great 22 game win streak but that was always fools gold, that team wasnt going to win anything without Yao Ming.
    2009 The very undermanned Rockets took the Lakers to 7 in the semis
    2013 The 8th seeded Harden, Lin, Parsons, Asik Rockets were able to get 6 games against the Thunder (they should have won games 2 and 3)
    2014...no comment

18. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

That's what pisses me off the MOST about all these ****ing trolls and haters. They sit there and act like the Rockets were supposed to be favored against the Spurs when EVERY SINGLE ONE of those little shitheads picked the Spurs to win the series. Like, how can the Rockets be "pathetic" in the playoffs if they get to EXACTLY where they're supposed to go based on seeding???

2015: Finished 2nd in the West ----> Lose in Conference Finals
    2016: Finished 8th in the West ----> Lose in the first round
    2017: Finished 3rd in the West -----> Lose in the 2nd Round

THAT'S THE WAY IT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE. ****!

Also, when that snively little weasel Gottlieb smiled and was like, "Is that what you're going with? He was concussed?" I legitimately felt the urge to punch him in the face and vomit all at the same time. What a ****.

D-rock, Patience, Sajan and 5 others like this.
  19. Soneca

Soneca Member

The most relevant thing I can say about the content of this video is something I've been meaning to say for quite some time, finally I got the opportunity. Nick Wright is the spitting image of my brother. Remarkable resemblance, unfortunately for my brother, of course.

20. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

The playoff narrative is so much ****ing bullshut, we made the WCF asshat. If WB gets bounced in the 1st again (with help) none of these ****ers will call him out.

I hate being triggered, stop posting this crap

Patience, s3ts and BonziWellsGOAT like this.