1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Does Ryno start after the trade deadline?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Francis3422, Jan 23, 2018.

?

Si or no?

1. Yez

27 vote(s)
    71.1%
  2. noz

11 vote(s)
    28.9%
  1. YOLO

YOLO Member

no way that happens and millsap is supposed to be back shortly after the all star break

2. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I think he does. . . honestly . . .. the first squad can cover/hide him better than the second unit

Rocket River

D-rock likes this.
  3. D-rock

D-rock Member

If not traded, he starts. But his minutes should be reduced depending on matchups.

Really not a fan when he plays the 5, no rim protection at all.

4. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

He's fine, just a bad stretch.

At the same time, a lot of the shots he used to get wide open are now being taken by Harden/Paul. However the defense is still guarding him 30 feet out and it's creating incredible spacing for the other guys all of whom are having great seasons, not to mention the team being 2 games behind the Warriors with Ryno starting most games.

I prefer Tucker over Ryno in the starting 4 but it's not going to happen and it won't make that much of a difference since their minutes will hardly change anyway.

5. mightybosstone

He'll be starting. Barring some unforeseen blockbuster deal, which seems extremely unlikely, he'll be the starter the rest of the season.

6. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Ryno + Tucker for Love

Rocket River
    Now we need Love to demand a trade or force something *grin*

7. slapyomoma

slapyomoma Member

Would have been much better off keeping Beasley and dumping RA.

8. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

Yeah he's a bonafide shooter. We need to run some pick plays to get him shooting opportunities: I felt like if he was playing for GSW, he'd be getting utilized a lot more efficiently.

9. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Not sure if the Rockets will make any lineup changes.

BUT....the Ariza / Moute forward tandem is something I want to see more of. I mean, the way Moute is shooting right now which is very serviceable....and then you add in his DEFENSE? I mean, that's big.

10. rockets13champs

i personally would bench Ryan for Luc