1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    PACERS vs KNICKS Game 2: Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Dodgers @ Astros

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Jul 19, 2004.

1. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

Finally get clutch hitting, but the damn pitchers give it up...

This sux...back to freakin' back HR's...

:mad:

2. Jameson Paulz

Jameson Paulz Member

Anyone???

3. fatman510

fatman510 Member

When he was put on the DL they said a mont, so it should be pretty soon.

4. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Yea....and he will need at least another month to shake off the rust and get out of Spring Training mode.

:mad:

5. Surfguy

ALriGhT eVeRyBoDy....tHiS iS wHeN wE tUrN iT aLl ArOuNd!!!!!!!

ToNiTe!!!!!!!!

My CaPiTaLiZaTiOn Is DySfUnCtIoNaL oN pUrPoSe To InDiCaTe My StAtEmEnT aBoVe Is BuT a PiPe DrEaM.

6. Surfguy

Astros up 3-0 in the first inning. :D

7. fatman510

fatman510 Member

ooOOOOOoooooOOOOooooH! They are scoring runs!

Too bad the bullpen will blow it now...

8. bigboymumu

bigboymumu Member

Bags said that he is "almost there". I starting to believe him! GO BAGS!

9. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

4-1 good guys.

So far so good. I am loving how everytime bradley is an out during a Dodger rally FSN is splitting the screen with one side showing the photage of him with his finger over his mouth and the other side with him pissed off for being out.

One of the rallies where he was the 3rd out Everette robbed him of a hit. another was with guys on 2nd and 3rd and he was called out.

Gotta love it! go FSN!!!!

10. Uprising

well so much for that.

I feel that this is the inning that is going to kill us. Here come the dodgers.

Error by Everette, his 8th.

5-4 Dodgers.....2 runs score.....now a 2 run HR!

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: BOOOOOOOOOOOOOO ASTROS SUCK!!!!!!!

ANd yet I bought 4 tickets for the 27th game.....

Weathers sucks!
    The more I see that Ogre man the more I dislike him! He just plan old sucks!

11. Surfguy

Astros blow another lead!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

12. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

On top of it all, they had the perfect opportunity to PLUNK Bradley (after the HR... hell, you've already lost the lead, who cares)... and they throw a fat pitch in the strike zone for him.

ah, who cares about wins anymore... this team isn't complete, and everybody knows that. (but, unlike the Rockets, they don't have the luxury of taking a couple of years till they ARE complete).

I would now start either grooming Redding for a set-up job, or just keep him as a starter... either way, you can't just let him sit there doing nothing (as he is now).

#72 Nick, Jul 20, 2004
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2004
  13. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Time to bring up some young guys and let them play.

Trade Beltran, Kent, Biggio etc..etc..etc..

DD

14. Darrinlane

Darrinlane Member

I agree. Trade everyone we can. It's time to totally rebuild. I am SOOOO disappointed with every aspect of our team this year. I guess the Beltran trade came back to bite us in the ass. Bring in prospects, as this offense(if thats possible) and pitching staff will just get crappier and older next year. Bring on Football season. Then basketball season.

15. Uprising

I have officially given up on this team. Never have I ever seen such sloppy play.

atleast 5 times the astros have tossed the ball past their teamates. :mad: :mad: :mad:

Season is over. Screw it.

THis is a sad moment...

16. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Man... it looks like this team has already given up for Garner (I expect a vicious tongue-lashing by him, and several players WILL be called out)

Seeing that this game is done now with that bullpen (Mota and Gagne), this next series AT Arizona is now the OFFICIAL funeral of this year's club.

If they end up sweeping the so-called worst NL team (they're not facing Randy Johnson, mind you), they might still have a decent pulse...

If they split, or get swept... that's it... re-name this forum, take the next month off before football, keep in touch with the Rockets PG situation... do anything as long as its not with baseball. That's when I (the eternal optimist) will give it up.

17. Castor27

Castor27 Moderator
    Staff Member

As optimistic as I normally am, even I cannot watch this any longer. This group of players are pathetic. they can't hit, can't play defense and the pitching has been terrible. You can officially add me to the trade everyone and start fresh bandwagon. Watching this team make me utterly sick. As a fan I am offended by the amount of money these guys get paid to play like crap.

18. Uprising

I agree with you guys. I am always supporting out teams. I never leave games early. I watch as many as I can. I still tell my friends the Astros will turn it around.

But after tonight's SLOPPY play I have to hang up my optimism and bring out the red faces. I am just ...too....pissed off right now. THis team looks horrible.

Like I said a min ago, I have officially given up on this team. I don't think I can wait till the next series like Nick. This, in my mind was the series to turn it around. Too late now. This team tore out my heart......again.

19. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Also, If I was Drayton, I'd go ahead and sell the team... you couldn't have put more effort and resources into another team besides this year, and it certainly won't be as "fun" around the ballpark in the upcoming years (hell... we may have much better teams... but you won't have the attendence following Clemens like we did this year).

Also, if we do fall out of this thing much much more, why would Clemens continue pitching every fifth day? I'm not saying that he'd want to go somewhere else, because otherwise he would have stayed retired... but the ONLY reason he wanted to pitch for Houston was to try and get this team closer to a championship.

If it becomes obvious that this is not going to happen, Drayton & co. should do the honorable thing and let him know that he'd just be wasting his time and whatever stamina he had left, pitching in a situation that he WOULD NOT have come back for.

Of course, Drayton & co. would probably want to maximize the profits of having him pitch the rest of the season... in that case (if he's still up for pitching solely in "tribute" games), let him only pitch at home.... and if you're wondering why he's getting all this good treatment, its because he's the ONLY Astro who deserves it right now.

20. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

The Astros are gay.