1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    It's Mavericks vs. Thunder in Game 1 of the West Semis. Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Dodgers @ Astros

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Jul 19, 2004.

1. JPM0016

JPM0016 Contributing Member

son of a... :mad: :mad: :mad:

2. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

HR's hit on an 0-2 count will also kill you...

3. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Looks like I am not going to have to eat nothing tonight. Miceli is HORRIBLE! TWO STRAIGHT HRS!

NO OUTS!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

4. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Argh. If it's not one thing, it's another.

5. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

I guess we can take solace in the fact that even if our offense would have been alive this last month, and given us leads past the 7th inning... that our patchwork/overworked bullpen would have blown at least half of them???

Maybe Jimy knew something by bringing in Lidge for his 2-inning stint last week (which is something I would NOT advise doing). But, Miceli has lost some of that oomph on his fastball that he had to start the season... and Harville/Weathers/Bullinger are nowhere near capable of filling in that slot either.

Well... I guess its better to have had a lead and tried, than to have never had a lead at all.

(Man... the Dodgers have won 135 straight games when leading after the seventh inning... MAN!)

#45 Nick, Jul 19, 2004
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2004
  6. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

btw... can Redding try gunning it up there to be a good set-up man?

His control isn't great, but if he has to only pitch one inning (in which, i'm assuming, he can let it fly at 95mph+ if he's not saving himself), he might be able to get away with getting more of the plate.

I'm obviously thinking long-term... because this team will need to reform the bullpen, either thru FA, or promoting somebody within the organization.

7. JPM0016

JPM0016 Contributing Member

why not? at this point i don't think it would hurt

8. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Milton Bradley can go f*** himself...

I can't belive HE of all people would be telling anybody to be quiet.... I've seen 2 year olds who keep their composure better than that guy. (Check his tirade from earlier this year, if you don't know what I'm talking about)

9. Uprising

THis team sucks. I have officially given up on them. I will still watch their games and follow them. But I have no hope for a post season.

We suck.

10. deepellumrocket

Why is Orlando Palmiero allowed to make the last out when Lamb and Lane are both sitting on the bench?

:mad:

11. Uprising

Oh and that penis with the finger over his hole can go to hell.

.....pen....err better not type it again, is that counted as a bad word on the BBS? ....sorry if it is.

12. Lil Francis

Lil Francis Member

Boy that bullpen is a disgrace. Who in the hell is Harville and David Weathers anyway??? Giants won again so the Stros are 6 games out.

13. codell

codell Contributing Member

What happened with Bradley??

I missed it.

14. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Crowd thought it was a HR off the bat. It wasn't, Bradley caught it, and he put his index finger to his mouth saying "be quiet".

15. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Ensberg hit a warning track shot off Gagne that most people in the crowd thought would be a HR (hell, even the announcers thought so...), and Bradley catches it at the wall and starts finger-shushing the audience.

The man of the two-year old temper tantrum is telling the crowd to be quiet... if that's not the "pot calling the kettle black", I don't know what is.

16. Uprising

Looked like a sure HR by Ensberg to the conoco. But it dropped right at the wall and Bradley caught it there. And the crowd was so loud at the moment he put his fingers on his slips telling the crowd to shush. HIs face said something like oh please, you thought that was going out?

17. hjg877

hjg877 Member

HAHAHHAHAHA I love this team!!!

It's so funny, everynight!

They should REALLY change the team name to the Houston Bi-Polars.

18. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

that's really the most amazing thing about this team. they're uncanny ability to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory no matter what. they just all seem to pull together behind this cause and when one guy is struggling (like say ensberg hitting a 2 out homer) someone is right there to pick him up and give up the lead with a costly error or GIDP or back to back homers. it's almost to the point you just wonder when it's coming and have a good laugh once it does because it's so inevitable.

19. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Somebody remove Biggio from the outfield. He is terrible out there. He needs to be platooning with Kent at second I guess but he has no place in the outfield. He can't throw, he can't catch, and he can't field. What is left to prove that Biggio is an incompetent outfielder? His error cost us a run and the game in my opinion. How many more games can he lose for us? I can think of a number of instances where he stank up the outfield and we ended up losing the game.

The thing I don't get is Weathers seemed to find his groove in his last inning pitching pretty well while keeping the ball down. So, why not let him pitch the next inning and then let Lidge close it out? Why take a chance and bring in Miceli? In my opinion, the more pitchers you roll out there, the more the chance that one of these pitchers is going to have stanky stuff. My thinking is you go with what's working until you have a reason to change. The Astros bullpen is so bad that your chances go down the more pitchers you roll out to the mound. You have to go with what's working in my opinion. I knew we were in trouble when we switched pitchers. It's been the case most of the year that a pitching move backfires cause our bullpen pitchers are the model of inconsistency. Go with what is working and Weathers was working for once! Garner is making the same moves Williams would have made. I see no difference.

We stink to high heaven and I'm sick of reading the post-game comments which are all the same after every loss. It's pathetic. It's about time for the players to start pointing fingers at each other. Play the blame game. It's all we have left. I want to see some blow-ups in the lockerroom from the pathetic losers.

20. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

I think I'm going to officially go Luis Gonzales on this season. It's time for surgery and to get ready for next season. Last night's game was the straw that broke the camel's back for me. It hurts more to know that the offense came alive but there was another facet of the game to lose it for us. If it's not one thing, it is most certainly another.