1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Do you watch anything not on a cable network.

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by jiggyfly, Oct 18, 2022.

1. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Talking about ABC NBC CBS Fox.

Even the others like CW.

Not talking about sports.

The only thing I watch are some comedies Abbott Elementary, The Goldbergs, nothing dramatic.

The last show I watched was Evil but I never returned.

Is anything worth checking out?

Rocket River likes this.
  2. Poloshirtbandit

I mostly watch game shows and Abbott Elementary. We still watch Goldbergs too for some reason though I really haven't cared for the show in years.

jiggyfly likes this.
  3. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

I think we are the only Goldberg fans, It was top tier for most of the run and I think it ended when it was supposed to the 1st time now it is just terrible Adam looks like he is 30 and Big Tasty 50.

And don't get me started on the JTP how the hell did this even get made?

Even Carlin knew it was time to go.

Poloshirtbandit likes this.
  4. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

5. Poloshirtbandit

The real Adam Goldberg hasn't had anything to do with the show in years. That's when the show started going downhill imo.

jiggyfly and CCity Zero like this.
  6. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Abbott elm is good and Ghosts, Goldbergs though... I think season 3/4 was last episode we watched. I can't believe it is still on, I got a little annoyed when they started mixing up timelines for the 80s/90s, I basically watched it for pure nostalgia/memories and then they kind of just started doing whatever on movie releases/plot devices, I realize it's stated as "1980s something blah blah", but to me it was getting really lazy on the writing - Ie some product/movie/music event in same episode that were years apart from even happening is just lazy to me.

Probably makes sense since Goldberg isn't involved, I didn't know that. I only know Garlin left because I'm a Curb your Enthusiasm fan.

Unfortunately I'm still law & order junky, I finally stopped SVU several years ago but Organized Crime has my interest.

Abbott Elementary reminds me of the Office, so it's been pretty good so far.

7. Poloshirtbandit

Yeah the timeline is all messed up. Adam is in college, his sister is married and pregnant but the show has been in the 80s for how many ever years it's been running. I think the actor was like 12 when the show started.

CCity Zero and jiggyfly like this.
  8. Mango

Mango Contributing Member

This won't be interesting for everybody, but PBS (Houston Tuesday -- 9 pm) will have a Frontline report about Mike Flynn and the Religious Right.

Deckard, jiggyfly and Buck Turgidson like this.
  9. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

[​IMG]

jiggyfly likes this.
  10. Buck Turgidson

Frontline's a great program. I've got that and American Experience set to record, if it's something that looks interesting I watch, if not I delete.

jiggyfly likes this.
  11. Jontro

Jontro Member

sometimes after i finish my homework

BigM likes this.
  12. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Abbot Elementary
    Home Economics

Rocket River

13. ROCKSS

ROCKSS Contributing Member

Did Carlin get fired? I loved this show but the past 2 seasons have been blah.......I enjoyed George Seagal on it before he passed. I do like Young Sheldon but its getting to the point where he is older, puberty has set in so his voice changed but they are moving away from him being the main character and expanding the other roles so we will see. I do like Shark Tank on Friday night followed by 20/20

14. Buck Turgidson

He's been dead for 14 years

15. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

I don't know what happened to Carlin, he probably just did not want to do it again and I don't blame him because the show is a mess.

I watched that 3 night crossover series it was mildly entertaining, I just love how badass they made Stabler, he is almost the punisher.

I have seen all of Law and Order original run shows, my favorite is L&O is Criminal Intent mainly with V D'onofrio but I liked Goldbloom as well.

Who is your favorite female asst DA?

16. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm a news junkie so frequently watch network news both morning and evening shows. That said I can't stand the Today show. The first morning of the CBS morning show is tolerable. I watch Meet The Press and 60 Minutes too.

I'll watch the Colbert, Jimmy Kimmel and Seth Meyers but usually delayed when they post on YouTube. Same with SNL.

For scriped entertainment the only current network show I'll go out of my way to watch is Ghost. A lot of times when I come back from the gym and I flip on the TV there will be some CBS procedural on that might hold my attention for a little while but don't follow them. I was trying to follow Manifest for awhile but would watch it delayed when Xfinity had episodes on but now that it's switced to Peacock I don't bother as that isn't enough to get me subscribed to it.

Deckard likes this.
  17. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

@jiggyfly you ask a lot of f'ing questions.

18. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Wife and still watch Survivor and Ghost from CBS. She likes the Masked Singer for some reason, outside of that it's all cable and streaming....

19. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Pretty much the only show I watch on major network TV is The Neighborhood. Can't believe no one has mentioned that one. Cedric the Entertainer should have created a sitcom a long time ago. Just an old school classic sitcom format complete with a laugh track. You should check it out.

My wife watches Abbott Elementary. Maybe I should start watching with her.

Oh, forgot. We still watch The Amazing Race.

Oh, I'm a total Frontline nerd. I have a Frontline and a Nova pass but I usually end up not watching Nova. Always watch Frontline though.

20. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Yep!

[​IMG]

Deckard and KingCheetah like this.