1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Do We Really Want LeBron? Delayed Gratification

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rocketman1981, Jun 7, 2018.

1. Rocketman1981

Rocketman1981 Member

It would be crazy for any GM/Owner not to go after LeBron but this whole build a bear Championship from when the Celtics got Pierce/Allen/Garnett to the Heat LeBron/Wade/Bosh to the current Warriors (which are much worse as a Champion and 73 game winner and THEN get Durant).

I like a team that grows and as fans we have seen the attempts and failures of Harden, Gordon, Capela and no Chris Paul.

Adding a Paul George would still feel built as Harden/Paul would continue to run the offense and the belief in a core group of people that could come together to defeat the Warriors would be magical.

If we got LeBron yeah we would beat them but that would be HIS story, not a Rockets story.

The 94'-95' championships were such gold as we saw the pain, the failures the maturation of Hakeem and then sweet elusive victory.

Couldn't say no to LeBron but a banner with him would be so much less satisfying than one with our current core together again or even adding a good piece that has never won a championship.

cbs1507 and Jayzers_100 like this.
  2. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Our team was not a third superstar away from beating the Warriors. They were a deeper or less tired bench away. If they got Lebron maybe it would work. Maybe it would be horrible and everything else they did such a great job with this past season would break apart. We don't need him.

hakeem94 and snowconeman22 like this.
  3. igotwhipscollectingdust

If you want Paul and Harden to win a ring then yes you should want Lebron.

4. theoldblood

theoldblood Member

Can't go wrong with a GOAT

rocketman12 likes this.
  5. Reeko

Reeko Member

it’s Bron, PG13, or bust...as long as either one is wearing a Rockets Jersey next season then I’m good...if neither one is in Houston next season then... :(:(:(

6. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

We're not obsessed....

Capture.JPG

justtxyank likes this.
  7. Thefabman

Thefabman Member

The celtics you can understand, I mean KG and Allen were towards the end of their careers and had put in work with previous teams. Lebrons move was kind of weak but you can almost understand it, he wanted to play with his frands and he had already tried with Cleveland and its mot like both of those teams didnt lose in the finals. This golden state team, they're just p*****s, especially durant. If we can get lebron here, then do it. The warriors dont deserve to be rewarded for being a team of p*****s.

8. J.R.

J.R. Member

sammy likes this.
  9. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I'm old enough to remember the first two. That's a polite way of saying a shitton of first round exits.

How bout we make a deal?

The next championship we win, anything goes.

The one after that, we win by your rules?

10. awc713

awc713 Member

I'll take a banner however they come and whatever it takes, unless it requires signing Bogut

11. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

12. rocketman12

rocketman12 Member

Yes. Win a championship and all the crappy years that might follow is better than close but no cigar for the next 5 years.

13. Landsdale

Landsdale Member

I wasn't sure until today. Now I am sure. Want the King to come to H-town.

14. Deuce Rings

Deuce Rings Contributing Member

Yes....absolutely. No need to overthink this one

rocketman12 likes this.
  15. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

It’s not whether we choose LBJ or PG, it’s whether they choose us, and there’s a good chance between them that they don’t choose us.

Either way Morey will stay aggressive and I do believe we’ll be a better team, he could be devising a trade for Jaylen Brown as we speak (just a random good player).

16. rocketman12

rocketman12 Member

Houston as a city and a sports city always has a inferiority complex. That can change. Lebron comes here, and all of a sudden all the attention is on Houston, the rockets will always be on tv, and fans in philly, Boston, etc will complain on their message boards that Silver is rigging things for the rockets and bandwagon rockets fans will come out the woodworks.

17. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Yeah sure. I would love to intentionally pass on moves to make our team better to make it harder for ourselves. What?

lionaire and luckyman76 like this.
  18. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

i'm actually indifferent about him coming or not. we should be the 2018 champions if not for a rigged fuking league, so for basketball reasons he's not even needed. it would only be for the nba marketing machine to approve our title officially and have the formal ring and trophy ceremonies. ya i don't need silver's fuking blessing to know we were the best team this year. so we were champions without lebron, and he would just be tagging along on us for a ring.

19. cerophilik

cerophilik Member

We were 3 none calls away from winning. All those fouls not call on Harden attempted 3s. So we were 3 refs away from a chip

20. kevcai

kevcai Member

Posted this in another thread but are we sure that Harden wants to add LeBron to the fold? Not saying he's selfish but the man is coming off a season where he is presumably the league MVP and came [one hamstring injury/one half of good basketball/fair refs] away from taking down the mighty Warriors with him being the clear cut #1. He has shown his unselfishness by bringing in another ball dominant player in CP3 and did a marvelous job learning to play off each other.

But bringing in LeBron James is a whole different animal. Not only is he a better player than CP3 (and Harden), he's a much more dominant personality. Adding him adds the entire media circle that follows his every step. If we add LeBron and take down the Warriors how would Harden be viewed? Does he care? I have no idea...but it's something to at least consider right?

Harden + CP3 proved everybody wrong because they wanted to play together -- I hope that's the case if we bring LeBron into the fold as well. Personally (if I was Harden), if we were so close to climbing the mountain top with me as the alpha...I wouldn't want to bring in another top dog.

HoustonTexas likes this.