1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Do ESPN anal-ysts want AI in Houston?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tigermission1, Dec 12, 2006.

1. tigermission1

tigermission1 Contributing Member

First, you had Greg Anthony on "NBA Coast-to-Coast" tonight saying that Houston would be a good fit for AI...then you have Scoop Jackson on "Quite Frankly" saying that if not Minny, AI should be traded to Houston for McGrady; Scoop says that you would be trading 'bad attitude' for a 'bad back', and it's more than anything Philly can hope to get out of the trade given the fact that AI is forcing their hands.

So, I am not sure if it's a coincidence or not, but that's the second time in less than an hour that I hear two ESPN guys 'pimping' an AI to Houston trade.

I know it doesn't amount to much, but just something that sort of grabbed my attention while flipping back and forth during the game tonight.

Oh yeah, almost forgot...Luther Head is a god.

2. lastopsuburb

lastopsuburb Member

The God of "Head"

And no, we don't want iverson

3. Zach Kang

Zach Kang Member

Rafer+Bonzi+T-mac+howard for AI+Webber+Steven Hunter

I can't see why not?

4. ndnguy85

ndnguy85 Contributing Member

i saw it too. i didn't want to make a thread on what those idiots said but u know i think we should do it.

honestly how can we sit here and hold our breath everytime he falls?

5. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

our defense wouldn't be nearly as good with iverson and much like tonight we would be abused by bigger guards.

iverson is better then a t-mac that doesn't play, but i'd still take a tentative jump-shooting t-mac over iverson, simply for everything else he does.

fortunately i think we can be contenders if t-mac's healthy, unfortunately we're at best mediocre without him and i don't know how long that'll be.

6. groovemachine

groovemachine Member

Why would Philly want to be stuck with TMAC's contract if his back gets worse?

I don't see that happening, too big of a risk for them. I think they will want young players and expiring contracts.

7. ak47

ak47 Member

No it doesn't mean anything. There just making up trades out of the blue. Jeff always praises McGrady.

T-mac/Rockets > AI/Rockets

8. slickrick

slickrick Member

Im a fan of Mac but Im a Rockets fan first and AI wouldnt do this team justice he would kill the chemistry we have and with his attitude he would be a even bigger problem than Bonzi has been the past month

9. rocketfat

rocketfat Member

you're blinded by homer-juice. iverson is better than tmac as a player and better for the team any day of the week and twice on sundays. not to mention tmac is damaged goods and has never gotten out of the first round of the playoffs, while iverson has single-handedly taken a mediocre team to the finals.

10. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

Urgh...I do NOT want Webber's bad contact and knees on this team. AI+Webber+Yao=a lot of money. CAP HELL.

11. redefined

redefined Contributing Member

We arent trading Tmac. Rockets are a classy organization. Get it out of your heads.

It's another story if they want Juwan, Head, and Sura (expiring) + others + picks

12. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

luther head>michael jordan

luther head is the greatest player to every touch a basketball

13. Zach Kang

Zach Kang Member

Precondition
    TMAC is healthy...The truth is not we don't want AI is nobody want TMAC's back and his contract.

14. bob718

bob718 Contributing Member

Webber? 20 million Webber! Hell NO!

15. DribbleHooper

DribbleHooper Contributing Member

Don't know if I'd go that far, but I'm definitely a big fan of his. Unless I'm mistaken -- or the stats have changed -- he's among the top ten <i>in the <b>NBA</b></i> in 3-point percentage... and a lot of those tend to be clutch 3s, to boot. Quite a steal at the 24th pick.

As for the TMac/AI trade... possible, but unlikely. When injured, TMac has little or no trade value; when TMac's healthy, you don't want to trade him.

Interesting fodder for speculation, though.

16. LFE171

LFE171 Member

fit in iguodala and sure why not!

17. Zach Kang

Zach Kang Member

What makes you think they want Tmac's contract and his back. We have to give up some cap in order to make this deal possible. At least we can afford to bench webber.

18. Patience

hehehe. I agree. If they want our garbage, then I would be happy to take Iverson.

I say we try a package of Sura, Dikembe, Ralph Sampson, and Mitch Wiggins + picks (lottery protected, of course.)

19. geeimsobored

geeimsobored Contributing Member

How the hell would this trade be possible. No way you can match salaries properly. That's two max contracts with AI and Webber (not to mention those are two of the largest max contracts in the league)

So no this trade can't happen and no we should never ever do that

20. Patience

But my point is can we even fit the contracts of Yao, iverson, and Webber under the salary cap?