1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Do deities from other religions exist?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by arno_ed, Jun 16, 2017.

?

Do deities from other religions exist?

1. No, they are made up by people

25.0%
  2. Yes, but they are not really gods

4.2%
  3. Yes, there are more gods than present in my religion

12.5%
  4. I do not believe that any god exist

58.3%
  1. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

There are a few posters on the BBS where I hope for their family's sake the posts they type here are for trolling and are not sincere. Cml is one if them. I still can't tell if he is playing a character.

2. cml750

cml750 Member

Sorry for the late reply but I do work for a living. Exactly what was I wrong about? Are you arguing that Islam is based on the prophets from the Torah (old testament)? If so you are very confused. The entire Islamic religion is based on one prophet. One who "prophesied" while in epileptic like seizures. Perhaps they acknowledge the prophets of the Torah existed but the religion is not based on them and is directly opposed to what they prophesied in literally everything. This in no way contradicts what I said. I mean seriously, they say "Isa" (there name for Jesus) will come back and kill all the people who do not convert to Islam. Surely you do not believe this? I mean you learned from your late mother(God rest her soul), I am sure she taught you differently. Why do you think I would ever acknowledge such BS which is so diametrically opposed to the teachings in the Bible. .

3. Exiled

Exiled Member

this's the answer from a former Catholic Preacher

4. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Your claim was that Islam had only one prophet. I listed multiple Islamic sources talking matter of factly about the multiple prophets in Islam.

5. fchowd0311

Dude... There is a reason why Muhammad is called the LAST prophet by Muslims.

6. cml750

cml750 Member

The entire religion is based on rantings on a lunatic child molester who was probably possessed. You are free to pretend that the prophets who came before him played a part in the religion but hat is all you can do is pretend. You might want to do some studying on the religion. You may be shocked what you find. It is not "the religion of peace".

7. fchowd0311

Dear lord you are insufferable. Why do Muslims call Muhammad the 'last prophet'? It's what they believe.

Stop trying to play the high horse card because you think your fairy tale is superior. You are what you are because the vagina you slipped out of was Christian. You would be a hardcore Muslim if you were born into a Muslim family. Remember that.

8. Exiled

Exiled Member

What's bred in the bone will come out in the flesh,those false allegation made against Prophet Muhammad certainly put him right there in the bible among other prophets , the bar was so law , immorality was the standard by the the co-authors of the Bible.
    if you wonder why would any faithful turn into other directions , its mainly b/c the anti-Christ forged scriptures found in the Bible ,read this

Ezekiel 23-24
    "There she lusted after her lovers, whose genitals were like those of donkeys and whose emission was like that of horses." , the good news she was punished by Gang rape !!

9. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Some people admit when they are wrong, others tell the person that pointed it out, to go "do the studying." The one phrase required to be muslim has "one god and mohammed was his last messenger." You couldn't even get that part right, continue to lie...and you want him to do the studying? Good christians admit when they are wrong, they don't have to spread lies about other religions. If you think it is stupid, so be it, doesn't mean you spread misinformation.

tldr : You were wrong about the prophets part, own up to it and apologize to FB for calling him the misinformed one. It's the christian thing to do.

10. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

Here's the problem. I'm talking about facts. I'm not supporting, demonizing, defending, or trashing the religion. You are trying to make sure you twist everything into an attack on Islam.

In doing so, you made the claim that Islam only has one prophet. If we look at only facts, that is incorrect. It isn't about whether the last and distinguishing prophet of that religion is great or horrible or somewhere in between.

I'll let you or anyone else decide for themselves whether they wish to follow, not follow, love, or hate Islam. That's up to that person. People can debate that stuff all day long.

But if we look at facts, the facts are that Islam has more than one prophet. You claimed it only had one prophet. I'm not pretending anything. I'm simply talking about verifiable facts. You tried to deny those facts.

So without discussing whether Islam is good or bad, can you admit that the religion has more than one prophet?

11. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

Ding-ding, it's the local, folks; that train is never late.

#91 Dairy Ashford, Jul 1, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2017
  12. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Invoking impartiality in a debate over religion is always a risky bet.

It's not about facts; it's about Good vs evil. We can't concede to Evil, can we?

That's how the terrirsts win.

13. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

I would think it's different if the debate was actually which religion is the best. But we, supposedly, were talking about one simple thing. Does Islam have one prophet or more than one?

I actually think in order to move away from the impartiality into the good vs. evil debate then the basic facts should be understood by anyone involved.

14. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

I just think reality is so much more rich, complex and interesting than what religions teach. This is a speech by my estimation from Richard Feynman in the 1950s-1960s. Despite decades more of extensive research in various fields of science, Feynman does an incredibly good job explaining reality as we know it.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  15. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

I think it's all the same pizza. Just depends what's kind of toppings you like.

16. Buck Turgidson

It's interesting that people immediately started fighting about whose god is bigger. Or more god-like.

17. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

wanna see @cml750 challenge the mythbusters who have proven everything known either right or wrong