1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

DNC Member and Top contributors switch to support McCain

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by ROCKET RICH NYC, Sep 18, 2008.

1. ROCKET RICH NYC

ROCKET RICH NYC Contributing Member

Lynn Forester and now Donald Trump supporting McCain :rolleyes:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080917/ap_on_el_pr/mccain_clinton_backer

WASHINGTON - A top Hillary Rodham Clinton fundraiser threw her support behind Republican John McCain on Wednesday, saying he will lead the country in a centrist fashion and accusing the Democrats of becoming too extreme.

"I believe that Barack Obama, with MoveOn.org and Nancy Pelosi and Howard Dean, has taken the Democratic Party — and they will continue to — too far to the left," Lynn Forester de Rothschild said. "I'm not comfortable there."

Rothschild is also a member of the Democratic National Committee's Platform Committee. She said she would be stepping down from her position on the committee but will not switch political parties.

Clinton spokeswoman Kathleen Strand said in an e-mail that the New York senator disagrees with Rothschild's decision to endorse McCain.

"Senator Clinton has been criss-crossing the country and doing whatever she can to make the very clear case that the Obama-Biden ticket represents the new ideas and positive change we need right now, and the McCain-Palin ticket does not," Strand said in the e-mail.

Rothschild said she was excited by the prospect of a woman being in the White House, even though she and Republican vice presidential nominee Sarah Palin disagree on issues. The Alaska governor opposes abortion except in the case of a threat to the mother's life. Rothschild said she supports abortion rights.

"I believe that the McCain-Palin government will be a centrist government," Rothschild said. "It's not going to be an ideological government."

Rothschild is a member of the DNC's Democrats Abroad chapter and splits her time living in London and New York. She was one of Clinton's top fundraisers, bringing in more than $100,000 for her presidential campaign. She built a multimillion-dollar telecommunications company before marrying international banker Sir Evelyn de Rothschild.

Rothschild said she has not discussed her support for McCain with Clinton.

"I'm sure she is not pleased with what I'm doing today," she said. "But you know what? I have to do what I believe in."

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0908/13558.html

Trump endorses McCain on Larry King
    By MIKE ALLEN | 9/17/08 10:22 PM EDT

Donald Trump, the flamboyant New York magnate, said on CNN’s “Larry King Live” on Wednesday night that he is supporting Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) for president.

Trump, never shy with his opinions, went on to say that McCain appears to be winning, and that Sen. Barack Obama (D-Ill.) should have chosen Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton (D-N.Y.) as his running mate.

“I know John McCain, and John McCain's a great guy, a tremendous guy,” Trump told King. “I've known him for a long time. And I'm with him, and I'm with him based on the fact that I have great knowledge of John McCain. Also, this is not the right time for tax increases. And Obama wants to increase your taxes drastically.”

Well, maybe not your taxes. But certainly The Donald’s: Obama would repeal President Bush tax cuts for households making more than $250,000.

During the Democratic primaries, Trump donated to Hillary Clinton, according to records posted by the Center for Responsive Politics. Trump donated to McCain in May, according to the records.

“I don't understand why Hillary wasn't chosen [for vice president],” Trump said. “ She was really winning. I have a friend that came to this country and was here for the last four weeks of that whole election. He said: How did she lose? She won every primary? He didn't understand it.

“The fact is, that Obama went limping across the finish line. He should have chosen Hillary, It would have been a much different race, I believe. Right now, it looks to me like McCain is probably winning.”

During the show, the two men had this exchange:

TRUMP: I'm endorsing McCain. I am basically very strongly — you have to understand: I've known him. I like him, I respect him.

KING: So you're endorsing him?

TRUMP: I think he's going to be a great president.

KING: So you're endorsing him.

TRUMP: Sure, I'll endorse him on your show.

KING: You just endorsed him.

TRUMP: I endorse him.

KING: Are you pessimistic or optimistic about this financial situation?

TRUMP: Well, I'm very pessimistic.

2. IROC it

IROC it Contributing Member

Here comes the rain again.

Must be a really disheartening day for the Democrats to see people jumping ship like this.

Oops they did it again. They've made up your mind.

3. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

I'll see your Lady and a Tramp and raise you a Susan Eisenhower.

[​IMG]

4. IROC it

Cool elephant... but the rainbow is the tell. Only three stars.

5. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

What does that mean?

DD

#5 DaDakota, Sep 18, 2008
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2008
  6. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

Who cares? Why is this a big deal? Who really bases their vote on what Trump says?

7. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

8. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

so someone that got rich off his father's money and has mananged to go bankrupt several times is supporting the republican party???

HOLY HOT HELL, WHAT A STORY!!!!!!

9. mc mark

mc mark Contributing Member

Nov 4

10. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

A Rothschild and Trump being opposed recinding the Bush tax cuts on the wealthiest 5% of the country? What a shocker!!!

11. Apollo Creed

Apollo Creed Contributing Member

Are celebrity endorsements supposed to be good now?

I thought they were awful and something to be ashamed of after the comments of Republicans here.

But go ahead, feel proud of your endorsement by Donald Trump, and extremely rich person who enjoys McCain's tax cuts for the rich. What a coup for you guys, really.

THE TIDE HAS TURNED

12. Hydhypedplaya

Hydhypedplaya Member

A rich guy that just wants to keep his money, what a shocker!

13. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

I thought he was just laying the groundwork for wife #4.

14. tested911

tested911 Member

Bingo! We have a Winner!!... I can't believe Trump was for Obama at all before? Obama clearly states that he will be taxing more on the wealthy than McCain..

Super Rich for McCain..

80% America (Family incomes of $45,000 or less/yr) for Obama.

15. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

Republican Congressman just came out in support of Obama...

16. IROC it

Absolutely nothing. Like the thread. Like any of the celeb threads in here.

17. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The Democrat who switched over to McCain calls small town disenfranchised voters Rednecks.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/09/17/new-mccainiac-rothschild_n_127312.html

18. IROC it