1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Discord in the big Apple: Carmelo Anthony and the knicks

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by bilaal14, Jan 16, 2017.

1. Kendrick Lamar

Kendrick Lamar Contributing Member

Melo is the priority. I really hope Morey goes after him instead of PG.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  2. ghettocheeze

ghettocheeze Member

Yes, I stand corrected. Last night, I was 90% certain Paul would take the $200 million payday in LA and maybe the off chance 10% he would do some soul searching and go to the Spurs were he would be a good fit to contend with the Warriors.

Never in my wildest dream did I think this would happen in less than 24 hours. Man, my head is still numb from all this excitement, but hell yeah we got CP3 and that's just freaking awesome!

Pen15clubber likes this.
  3. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

My prediction:

The Knicks will not buy out Carmelo.

It won't happen.

If he had one year left, maybe. But as it is? No. So we need to drop this dream.

4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

What will we need to get someone like Hayward? PG can't be the fallback option, so Millsap........

5. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

To be clear, I'm just throwing **** out there. I do not presume to know Morey's thoughts (or any NBA front office) nor do I have access to holic's insider newsletter.

HOWEVER...

I don't see us being in the Hayward sweepstakes, mainly because I don't think Hayward really wants to come here.

If we get a big name guy it'd have to be a SnT for PG, Millsap, or Melo.

PG would be huge but if Boston is interested (and reports suggest they are) I don't see us beating their package. And further I don't see PG pressuring Indiana to trade him to Houston. He wants the ball in his hands because he wants that crazy max contract next year.

Millsap and Melo could happen. Just depends on if we want to eat that contract and if one of those teams want Ryan Anderson. I think Anderson has extremely low value but I know some here think he'd be viewed by the receiving team as an asset.