1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

disASTeROuS season... is all lost?

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by IROC it, Jul 22, 2004.

?

disASTeROouS season... is all lost?

Poll closed Aug 21, 2004.
  1. Yep. This team is out of the race.

29 vote(s)
    44.6%
  2. Whoa! Don't throw in the towel just yet.

19 vote(s)
    29.2%
  3. No. This team will rebound and go to the WS.

3 vote(s)
    4.6%
  4. Better likelihood of a Hou vs. Dal Superbowl.

14 vote(s)
    21.5%
  1. IROC it

IROC it Contributing Member

Is it done? Is the team I thought was gearing up for a real run at the playoffs a hopeless case? Are the one time wonder twins of Biggs and Bags now retirement bound? Can it really be?

Or is this disASTeROuS stretch-of-late just a MAJOR blip on the radar?

Please, oh please.... Astros, wake up!

It's bad enough I have to live up here in the Dallas area... it's worse that the Rangers have the record that the 'Stros should. The only consolation is that I like the Rangers as my favorite out of the AL. But come on! I need something to believe in again... I wanted the chance to see an all Texas WS...

I guess there's always the Texans vs. Cowboys in a SuperBowl to hope for.... which has more of a chance, btw?

2. fatman510

fatman510 Member

I think it is. And I just KNOW they are going to tease us.

IIRC, our next 9 games are against the Diamondbacks and Brewers. I think they'll win 7 of em, get back into the WC race and everyone will be happy.

The fact will remain, however, that this team is too old and too unmotivated to do a godamn thing.

The ONLY way this team gets turned around is if during this 9 game stretch we win 7 and a lightbulb goes off in our guys heads.

Another thing....Gerry must decide NOW and I mean NOW as to whether this team is contending or not. To win games, they need another reliever. Without one this team will slip slip slip slip and eventually Gerry will have to trade Beltran, Kent etc.

3. Davidoff

Davidoff Contributing Member

I hear the silverware drawer opening and whats that, OH its a FORK!!

4. King of 40 Acres

King of 40 Acres Contributing Member

Sorry to say the 'stros are choke artists... this season is done. I dont even feel sorry for Bags or Biggio... everyone on the team got exactly what they deserved.

5. rockets-#1

rockets-#1 Contributing Member

They have really tested my confidence in them this year and the moral, rational side of me wants to say they're done, that they were done weeks ago. But, the Astros fan in me reminds me that they're only 6 out of the Wild Card (4 behind those damn Cubs mind you) and that they have a good chance of getting back in it. I wanna believe they still got something in them since they have so much talent, so I voted for the second option. Let's hope...

6. PhiSlammaJamma

World Series. Here we come. We are due.

7. Master Baiter

Master Baiter Contributing Member

<------ Holds breath

8. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

I hope they prove us wrong....QUICK!

9. VesceySux

VesceySux Contributing Member