1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dieting

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Dankstronaut, Aug 17, 2017.

1. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Limp Dick Biscuit

Os Trigonum likes this.
  2. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

Not a big seafood fan but I mostly go for Atlantic salmon, swordfish or redfish from the gulf. The Fukushima disaster weighs heavily on my conscious eating fish.

3. No Chance

No Chance Contributing Member

AT my age and way to much ink dies (Cat + Mris and such) lot of it due to heart and gall bladder, My kidney doctor changed me over to mostly vegan diet. can have 20 grams of protein every 3 to 4th day. He made it mandatory that I take 4 amino acid pills in the am and 4 at pm.he said the amino acids were very necessary for the muscles. By the way pecans are better then almonds on the kidneys and 19 pecan halves only = 1 gram of protein. And as luck would have it I am allergic to fish.

Hakeemtheking and Bandwagoner like this.
  4. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

Bro, do yourself a favor and try the sashimi. You will feel like a new man seriously. Every dinner for at least 3 weeks and you will be on top of the world.

Get a salmon roe roll every now and then too @Derp McFlopsky

5. Daddy Long Legs

6. Asian Sensation

Find out your macros. Eat what you want as long as it fits and helps towards achieving your goals. It's sustainable and there's no food restrictions. Science b****!

7. Daddy Long Legs

Sashimi b****!

8. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

Broscience

The best kind of science

what about the glycemic index? What about it? I never understood in anyways, and now I don't have to.

Os Trigonum and Asian Sensation like this.
  9. Asian Sensation

Haha that's pretty funny.

10. Asian Sensation

Do I seem like the typa mfer that don't like sashimi?

11. MacLovin

MacLovin Member

1. I think a ton of people could do well with 1 piece of advice. Cut out sugar as much as possible. Even when I go out of town and can't eat what I want, I avoid sugar and things don't get too bad. Look at your breakfast, the smoothie, granola and trail mix all probably have a lot of sugar. This means no sweet tea, soda, no sugar in coffee. Do it in steps if you need to. I drink coffee with heavy cream, unsweet tea, water, and if I'm in a pickle, a diet soda or something with stevia. If you want dessert, get it once or twice a week and make sure it's good (high quality ice cream, cheesecake, whatever floats your boat).

2. If you're active, some carbs are okay. BUT not an order of breadsticks. I'm talking homemade rice with olive oil, spices and veggies and a meat to go with it. Or a piece of whole wheat bread with hummus.

3. Going vegan/vegetarian is nonsense unless you're just an animal lover. If you are, then do you.

This is what I normally eat on a daily basis:
    Breakfast:
    Coffee with heavy cream
    Peanut butter and cottage cheese

Lunch:
    Spinach/spring mix/kale topped with boneless skinless sardines in olive oil (these are actually good and not fishy because of the boneless/skinless)
    A piece of fruit or avocado

Snack:
    Piece of whole wheat toast/english muffin with peanut butter/hummus/butter or nuts

Dinner:
    Any mix of meat and veggies and a lot of times some carbs (pasta, rice, thin crust pizza)

All of this should come out to around 1700-1800 calories

I recently went out of town for a wedding weekend and put on a few pounds. Monday when I weighed myself I was 179.6. By following the above, I was back down to 173 (I'm 6'3) on Friday. I've tried Keto, I was down to less than 30 carbs a day. I was exhausted. I'd get to the gym or basketball court and be dead tired 10 minutes in. This may have changed with more time but I feel like I get much more out of my workouts with carbs. Also, I had bloodwork done recently and the doctor gave it all kinds of compliments, including that I'd never have problems with blood sugar or cholesterol. This is a long post but last thing, I'm not blessed genetically. In high school, eating a "normal" diet I was 240 lbs. And most of my family is diabetic and has cholesterol problems.

Ok I lied, this is the last thing. Your problem with hunger. You need to eat a lot more FAT. Put heavy whipping cream in your coffee, nuts, nut butters, use real butter, eat meat with fat (chicken legs, thighs, beef, sausage, fatty fish (sardines, salmon), cook with olive oil and butter. Carbs are notorious for high calories and low satiation.

Dankstronaut likes this.
  12. Daddy Long Legs

Sashimi?

Killatron 2000 likes this.
  13. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

I appreciate the comments. I said already but you might've missed it....the breakfast is fruit smoothie, no sugar added. I get there's some glucose in fruit but it's not exactly like eating sugar cubes. Granola is homemade and contains no sugar (toasted oats with cinnamon). Trail mix idk that might not be the right term it's nuts with a few raisins here and there. Not a ton of sugar (I say as I sip on some sweet tea lol)

I definitely need to be more thoughtful with dinner. I think I do ok with the snacks, protein shake and supplements until then...but by dinner I feel like I'm starving even though I've eaten a decent breakfast, snack, lunch, shake and supplements.

I'll add here that while my goal is 190 anything under that I would look sickly. Really under 2 bills is realistic. Idk how to describe myself, I'm truly not fat...last time I checked I was around 15% body fat which is fairly normal but being 5'10'' and 200 pounds I'm pretty friggin stocky. I'm not even like ripped or anything, I work out and I'm fairly strong but I'm just physically dense. I do need to lose the bit of belly I got last year when I was injured but idk, I find myself in a conundrum of eating enough...eating some healthy....AND eating something that will fill me up.

Eating more fat seems counterproductive though? Is that a good idea?

14. Daddy Long Legs

Have you tried the sashimi yet?

You will live the life of a wealthy king if you live off of sashimi

15. val_modus

val_modus Member

Out of curiosity, why do you believe this? I've been vegan for about 2 months now, and I've made the best exercise gains in my life, decreased my systolic bp, cut my cholesterol in half, dropped my 2 hour blood glucose by about 20, and just feel better/less slugish.

No Chance likes this.
  16. Daddy Long Legs

Am i the only one who thinks that sustaining off of raw fish is a very healthy, satisfying, and regal way to live?

Try the sashimi

17. Daddy Long Legs

Eat one of these every night

[​IMG]

If you have a family then dont share with them. They can have lunchables and frozen dinners

18. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

whats the word on walnuts?

good luck with your diet

19. Severe Rockets Fan

Severe Rockets Fan Takin it one stage at a time...

Cool, I started about the same time you did and noticed similar changes. Not sure why anyone would say a vegan diet is nonsense...but to each his own.

20. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

this made my day, awesome. the one on eating chicken is hilarious.