1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Did Trump just suggest that 2nd Amendment gun owners should assassinate Clinton?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by TheRealist137, Aug 9, 2016.

1. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

10 years ago? Hell he was a registered Democrat 8 years ago!

That said, the Republicans deserve this for falling for a con man. Sure it'll end up greatly hurting the country, but that's why you have to take presidential primaries more seriously. Lots of people warned them and they didn't listen so now we all just have to sit back and embrace the chaos.

2. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It's also what happens when you pander to the most obstinate part of the electorate for years. Trump didn't happen in a vacuum, he's just the Hoover bag exploding from years of sucking up the worst of our politics.

I feel like Republicans really could find a home if they dropped the reliance on social conservatism and focused instead on economic issues. Until then, young people (my demographic) will continue to vote Democratic or lean Libertarian because we don't care who you marry, don't care what you smoke and don't care who you pray to.

3. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

I had to round because I wasn't totally positive, to be completely honest.

4. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I don't disagree with you here, the reason I'm not a Republican is largely due to their awful social stances. I can't be a Democrat because they are too ridiculously irresponsible fiscally.

I feel like there are a lot of people who are in that same position, if the Republican Party burned to the ground over Trump and rebuilt themselves into a truly conservative party that doesn't support government intervention into people's private lives and was more fiscally responsible instead of just being the lesser of the 2 big spending parties then I think that would do great.

Yeah, that's fair. It's crazy how many Republicans bought into his BS ignoring that he was a registered Democrat just 2 elections ago.

5. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

Take a moment to think about any other candidate in modern history saying this. Just pick one, and imagine those words coming out of his/her mouth.

How would that have affected the campaign?

6. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Any other election in modern history? The candidate would be finished. You could stick a fork in him, because he's done.

7. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

This is symptomatic of the decadence and decline of our democracy.

8. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

I can't believe he said that.

I've made it clear on here I'm not a fan of either candidate but I don't see how he can continue to be the republican nominee after suggesting someone assassinate his opponent.

The more he talks the more I'm beginning to believe he's trying to throw the election to her.

9. JeopardE

JeopardE Contributing Member

I know you think it's funny. It's not. I've lived in a country where mobs turned out killing people of other ethnic groups on the day following an election because their guy lost. And all they had were machetes. You as a reasonable person see the absurdity in his rhetoric. But there are sufficiently large numbers of people who are taking them to heart. A recent PPP poll, for example, found that 47% of Republican voters believe that ACORN (a non-existent organization) will rig the election for Hillary.

Obviously at this point I'm not worried about the prospect of Trump winning. However, as a person of color, I and my family will be treading very carefully on November 9th, because the lunatics who are eating up Trump's words today have assault rifles at their disposal.

10. Baba Booey

Baba Booey Contributing Member

The funniest part is definitely Trump's dismantling of the Republican party. I will forever be happy for that.

This comment is just ridiculous and unbelievable, even after hearing Trump say crazy things for a year. There is no defense to this and the comment wasn't taken out of context at all, like many of his other outrageous comments. This one takes the bat-**** crazy cake (for now).

11. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

I don't know if it was as much of a threat as it sounds...But I also don't know for a fact that Trump isn't a major donor to NAMBLA.

12. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

Trumper supporters: "Trump said ______, but he meant to say ______"

13. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

Trump is right. The 2nd amendment was created for the people to be able to stop a tyrannical government.

14. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I'm personally ticked off about what Trump said because I saw Jack Kennedy in his open convertible going down Broadway from what is now Hobby Airport the day before he was killed. I was so close I could have hit him with a rock. The next day he was dead and the country was both stunned and in mourning. I stayed up late to see the returns from California and watched Bobby Kennedy's victory speech, knowing that he would get the nomination and win the presidency. I saw him gunned down on live television, which left me in tears. Heck, I remember Reagan getting shot, and while I didn't vote for him, it was a terrible event.

My point? None of this is funny. None of it. In my humble opinion, the Secret Service should haul Donald Trump's ass in and interrogate him. He deserves the humiliation. Hell, he deserves to be arrested.

2 people like this.
  15. marky :)

marky :) Member

Is this what you meant when you said you're fighting for my future?

16. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

RocketLegend just advocated terrorism.

Enjoy the watch list!

17. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

RL advocates the assassination of Hillary Clinton. Ho hum.

18. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

He's a Trump fanboy, what do you expect? Those people are the scum of the earth.

19. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Like the Black Panthers right?

20. Baba Booey

Baba Booey Contributing Member

I have been defending Trump against a lot of the "Trump is dangerous" attacks but it's impossible to keep doing that after these comments.

I am done with even considering a Trump vote because of this. The guy is clearly out of his mind or is purposefully handing this thing to the Democrats.

1 person likes this.