1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Did Someone Hear Bill Walton commenting on Shaq'a Racist Coments on Radio Today?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by tigermission1, Jan 13, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tigermission1

tigermission1 Contributing Member

I just heard this afternoon Bill Walton on the "Dan Patrick Show" on Sports Radio 610 slamming Shaq for his racist joke about Yao Ming. One of the things Bill said was that Shaq was not "acting his age" and since he is the best player in the league he should "Represent the league as Russell, Bird, and MJ had when they were playing". Very tough comments that I were surprised to hear from usually laid-back, funny Big Bill. I am proud of him to stand up for Yao like that, man.

2. moomoo

moomoo Member

3. BobFinn*

BobFinn* Contributing Member

4. moomoo

moomoo Member

If you want to hear Bill Walton's comments in the context of the show, here is the link, but it may be outdated by tomorrow (Tuesday) since the Dan Patrick show is a daily show.

http://espn.go.com/danpatrick/index.html

Click on "Listen to the Dan Patrick Show" on the right.

Skip to the 00:20:52 mark for Walton's original comments.

Skip to around the 02:11:30 mark for Chi McBride's (plays principal Steven Harper on the show "Boston Public") initial comments on Shaq.

Skip to the 02:27:40 mark for a replay of Walton's comments and more comments from Dan Patrick and Chi McBride.

5. lancet

lancet Contributing Member

Very good clip. Walton talked for about 10 minutes. He really stands out for Yao. Kudos to Walton!

6. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Remember Bill Walton is an old school Deadhead

[​IMG]

You can pretty much predict an opinionated stance on things like racism, the rainforest, the finer points of Jerry's solo on China Cat Sunflower at Winterland in '72 vs at the Spectrum in Philly in '79, etc.

7. chyke_tx

chyke_tx Member

The only way yao should accept shaq's apologies is for shaq to allow yao reject all his shots and yao to pur 45 on him:D

8. chyke_tx

chyke_tx Member

i dunno why best damn sports show always like to diss yao. I wish i can kill chris rose and john salley(bench warmer):mad:

9. Woofer

Woofer Contributing Member

It's Fox, it's ultraconservative and it likes to be *politically incorrect*.

10. Troy McClure

Troy McClure Member

Calm down guy. I agree with you though, John Salley doesnt have the talent (on the court or in his pathetic attempts in hollywood) to make fun of yao. Yao Ming has probably scored more points in one game than Salley has in some seasons.

11. drapg

drapg Member

I don't know why you take it so personally, unless you are in fact Yao Ming (or a member of his family).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.