1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Derrick Rose Tears ACL and MCL

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by VBG, Apr 28, 2012.

1. Asian Sensation

**** David Stern seriously.

Cramming 66 games into a shortened NBA season = 2 torn ACL's today and a running total of 5 stars that can't play on the Olympic team now cuz of injuries this year.

2. got em COACH

got em COACH Contributing Member

No difference but i would like to see someone give them some kind of challenge along the way but that doesn't seem like it's going to happen after they demolished the knicks today. The celtics are too old, Orlando has no one to guide them, pacer are too young and the rest are just there to sell some extra home games tickets for the playoffs just to be in it.

How can anybody root for a team where the stars players predicted 6 championship. I guess i hate....

[​IMG]

3. J.R.

J.R. Member

Hit the nail on the head. Miami has the East locked up now. As you said, don't see a challenge for them along the way. Only hope is a WC team. Whatever...

4. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Rose missed a lot of games this season. The schedule didn't cause his ACL tear.

5. motionsiknes

motionsiknes Member

No thank you david stern for giving me a season.

some ppl:rolleyes:

6. wheelmi

wheelmi Contributing Member

True he is not a professional, but to say that he does not push his body to its limits on a daily basis is not correct. He plays highly competitive club soccer, and has even been on a select team that was invited to and played in a tournament in England. However, my only point was that if my son can recover to full capacity, then DR can.

7. 713

713 Member

Don't think we will ever see his explosiveness again...Players get real cautious once they've been hurt...Sad day in the NBA.

8. Kruze10

Kruze10 Member

Hope it's not the beginning of the end for Rose. In terms of his style of play and his explosiveness. It feels like another Brandon Roy case in the making.

9. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

He'll be back, if he adjusts he can be better than before. He develops a nice jumper, becomes a better passer, so he relies less on athleticism. He could be more all around player, 22 pts. and 9.5 assists is better than what he is now IMO.

10. cuddie

cuddie Member

I'm betting that the reason he missed many of those games was due to the schedule this year. Back-to-back-to-backs are brutal, and all those nagging injuries probably never got fully healed and left his body susceptible to injury.

He tore his ACL on a routine plant, not some freak accident, so I'd chalk it up to wear and tear and I'd chalk that wear and tear up to this incredibly condensed season.

11. houseofglass21

The conferences are unbalanced. There really needs to be an inter-conference playoffs. Miami should have to go through Mavericks, Thunder, and Lakers before they win a championship.

12. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

That injury wasn't wear and tear. He landed one way and tried to move another. That's just putting too much stress on the knee on one move.

The injury brings back a lot of memories, especially when Deke went down. You can see fans jump up when Rose goes down grabbing his knee. They all clapped happily when he got up, since he looked fine, then he starts limping, and the clapping stops....

The injury brings back a lot of memories, especially when Deke went down. You can see fans jump up when Rose goes down grabbing his knee. They all clapped happily when he got up, since he looked fine, then he starts limping, and the clapping stops....

#112 RV6, Apr 29, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2012
  13. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

The blame for this injury belongs to:

1. Tom Thibodeaux
    2. David Stern
    3. George Bush
    4. Barack Obama
    6. No one

Take your pick

14. cuddie

cuddie Member

What I'm saying is that the wear and tear allowed the injury to happen. He does this move routinely every game, but after doing it every game in such a short span the stress builds up and his knee eventually gave out.

15. MostLoyalFan

MostLoyalFan Member

16. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

I'm between 1 and 6, more 6 though.

17. Rox11

Rox11 Member

I see what you did derrr
    But at the same time we cant over analyze why he got hurt. Look at Iman, all it takes is one bad move and pop.
    He looked very good today. Luck man.
    I just hate that now if Mia does win it the'll say its tainted
    [​IMG]

18. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

The wear and tear card is overplayed. He's 23 and has been in the league 4 years. Leave that to guys who've played several years and are older. The only young guys who really get wear and tear had some kind of prior issue that wore out the joint prematurely. Guys like that show previous signs of wear, like pain, swelling, etc...Think Oden, Roy, etc.. I dont believe i've ever heard of Rose having prior knee issues.

On this play, he just landed on his heel too much. Heel striking isn't good, which is why people are generally advised to land mostly on their forefoot when walking/running. Throws off the mechanics, which may lead to injury. Rose landed incorrectly, which makes it hard, if not impossible, for his joint to reach stability. He pushed through it by still jumping, and his knee gave out because it was unstable.

#118 RV6, Apr 29, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2012
  19. Rockets_Texans

man that must hurt bad

20. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

Check this out. Poor taste to say the least.

@WojYahooNBA: Does this Nike jackass have a job Monday? RT @YahooBDL: Nike designer: Injured D-Rose, an adidas man, 'chose poorly.' http://t.co/S75T3wd9