1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Derrick Rose Tears ACL and MCL

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by VBG, Apr 28, 2012.

1. spysta

spysta Member

Its so odd that he tore his acl on THAT play he does that plant like 75% of his drives

Is it that since he was coming back from injury and the muscles around his knee arent as strong as they usually are?

2. wheelmi

wheelmi Contributing Member

My son tore his ACL in October 2010 playing soccer, and was playing again after 6 months. It took a while for him to get his feet back under him, but he was at full speed in 1 year. His speed it teriffic, and he is one of the fastest kids at his school, despite being a sophmore.

I really depends on the player, but if my son is an example Rose will return to his old form. He can afford the best doctors out there....

3. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Very unfortunate, rose will never be as good again. Sad too because from all reports he was a very humble and a nice kid.

4. davidxhz

davidxhz Member

so sorry for the bulls, i know what they are feeling, we've been through so many injuries, hate to see these things happen when you are in the playoffs

5. houseofglass21

The Bulls fans on their forum are still in denial saying they're still gonna make it to the ECF and how they have the deepest bench in the league (not true).

6. Shaud

Shaud Member

Well I guess that is all they can do at this point lol.

Bulls fans need to realize there is a difference mentally between playing without your best player knowing he's coming back than playing without him knowing he isn't coming back.

7. RedNation

RedNation Contributing Member

Reminds me of when Yao went down. We knew we had no chance but we kept believing in denial

8. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

******* this sucks.

9. Honey Bear

Honey Bear Contributing Member

Lol at all the vultures declaring he'll never be the same again. If Jeremy lin could overcome being Asian, d rose can overcome a torn ACL. What happened to Amare and wade, again? Yeah, feel me now, haters best recognize.

10. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Much better healing rate the younger you are.

Which is on Rose's side.

11. Raven

Raven Member

He might never be the same player.

:(

12. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

Some of you guys are way premature about this. It's a bad injury but I don't see why someone his age wouldn't make a 100% recovery. Between his work ethic and The medical team that will oversee him for the next year I'd actually be a whole lot more shocked if he wasn't just as good post recovery.

13. Rockets R' Us

Rockets R' Us Contributing Member

How I felt when Yao went down is exactly how I feel now with Rose going down.

Unbelievably cruel fate. Personally, I don't think he's gonna have the same explosiveness when he comes back. Hell, seeing him this season just struggle to come back and watching the games which he did play, he just didn't have the explosiveness. He attempted to adapt, developed a three and is working on a midrange jumper. Hopefully he'll continue improving his outside game and working to shape his game around the limits of his body.

Sad sad day for NBA fans in general -- the guy was literally too fast, too strong...for his own good.

14. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

15. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

16. Noob Cake

Noob Cake Member

Your son was probably <16 years old, still in his growth phase for a boy. Your son is not a professional basketball playee who pushes his body to its limits on a daily basis.

17. Nook

Nook Member

Rose is going to have major issues. He already was having chronic knee, hip and back issues and now at a minimum a torn ACL. He works so hard and is so competitive that if he can come back close to what he was, he will.

Problem is that his game is driving to the basket and physical contact. He is too short to just be a back to the basket player or shoot over people, and not a guy with the vision to be a Nash or Rondo passer.

I think he can be a 20 pt scorer, but not quite what he has been.

18. got em COACH

got em COACH Contributing Member

Just cannot believe this is happening. I REALLY like the Bulls chances this year. Pretty much sums up what I'll be going through for the next few days when the Bulls are eventually eliminated from the postseason and the hated heats have a cake walk to the finals again.

[​IMG]

For Bulls Fans and Derrick R:(SE

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/4MKoU5LiAIE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

19. SacTown

SacTown Member

The heat cake walked to the finals last year and Rose was 100% healthy. Why do you think it would have been any different this year?

The heat ran into a super hot mavs team last year, it was an anomaly how hot the mavs were, I mean, they swept the Lakers. The heat should easily win the next several championships. They are built for it and it is pretty much a cake walk for them unless some super hot team catches them like the mavs did but that isn't very likely.

20. VanityHalfBlack

The Knicks are the dark horse team to win it all... If The Knicks go to the finals I will donate $100 to the tip jar, no bullsh!t....