1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Democrats defending wife beaters

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by basso, Sep 19, 2008.

1. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

no wonder they're having trouble sealing the deal within their own party. when they take the sides of wife beaters, how can they call themselves feminists?

[rquoter]Former Alaskan Public Safety Commissioner Walt Monegan. He was fired by Governor Sarah Palin for insubordination earlier this year. New media reports reveal he also beat his wife. Democrats say Palin "abused her power" in terminating Monegan.

Democrats pushing "Troopergate" are getting closer and closer to defending the records of two abusive men who have threatened family members and on occasion taken violent action towards them.

Alaska's former Public Safety Commisioner Walt Monegan and state trooper Mike Wooten both have a distrubing history of abuse. Monegan, of course, is the man who Democrats believe GOP vice presidential contender Sarah Palin improperly fired as Alaskan Governor and who is at the center of their controversial "Troopergate" inquiry. Wooten is Palin's former brother-in-law who Democrats think Palin unethically pressured Monegan to terminate.

Via the San Francisco Chronicle Monegan admitted dislocating his wife's shoulder "by accident" by "wrestling and tickling" her. His estranged wife, Georgene Moldovan, tells another story.

Moldovan sought a restraining order against him in 1994 after he threatened to kill her, waved a gun at her and knocked her shoulder out of socket, according to court papers. The court papers say: "he pulled out his gun and waved it at me outside my home and yelled he would kill me if I stopped him."

Moldovan told the SF Chronicle that Monegan "would show up unannounced and break into my apartment and do threatening things. I was forced to get a restraining order because I was really fearful he was going to harm me." She said he also threatened to throw her body into a cold, Alaskan river.

Monegan, for his part, said his ex-wife was telling "either half-truths or pure fabrications."

Governor Palin fired Monegan earlier this year for insubordination. Democrats have accused Palin of "abusing her power" in firing Monegan, who was a political appointee. The Alaskan legislature is now leading an ethics investigation to determine if Palin improperly fired Monegan.

Palin's foes say Palin really fired Monegan over his refusal to terminate trooper Wooten, not for his insubordination. Wooten recently ended a bitter marriage with Palin's sister, Molly.

Like Monegan, Wooten has a violent history with family members. He's admitted to “tasering” his stepson and has been accused of threatening to kill his former father-in-law, Palin's dad.[/rquoter]

2. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

Why does it say "Democrats have accused?" Troopergate started before she was hastily chosen to be the VP nominee and was initiated by a bipartisan legislative council made up of 8 Republicans and 4 Democrats who voted 12-0 in favor of the investigation.

3. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Absolutely correct. The thread title is misleading. Furthermore I just heard David Shuster talking about the Republican member saying that Palin and McCain should be ashamed from instructing the Alaskan investigation to obstruct justice.

Also the thread title implies they are somehow defending wife beating. Wife beating whether true or false doesn't play a role in the firing of Walt Monegan. that is true whether Walt Monegan did deserve to be fired or he didn't. None of it has to do with wife beating.

This is pathetic.

Maybe your McCain invented blackberry is malfunctioning. you might want to get that fixed.

4. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

LOL - I am so glad basso is back to watch him get completely E-VISCERATED within the span of minutes.

5. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

Unforunately you'll find that Republicans are the biggest defenders of wife beaters that you'll find:

[​IMG]

6. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Clutch, please have mercy on the rest of us. There are 7 threads from Basso alone on page one of D&D and 2 out of the 3 I clicked on are total poo poo. Don't you think this is maybe a little bit out of control? I'm not telling you what to do but pleeease consider the rest of us. Thanks.