1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Democratic Senator Al Franken - Sex Accusations

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by bigtexxx, Nov 16, 2017.

1. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

Oh, he did. He's clearly touching her. Awful. I just don't understand how someone could think it's OK to do that.

Whatever happened to asking someone out on a date as a first means of showing interest? And if she says no, then, fine. You move on.

I'm not being facetious- I just don't get it- just going up and grabbing someone? I just can't imagine even doing something remotely like that. Then again, I can't imagine harming another individual, and you have guys shooting people by the dozen. What a ****ed-up world it is sometimes.

Hakeemtheking and ipaman like this.
  2. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Nothing. But you have a better chance of getting your impeachment dream than him resigning for stuff that he doesnt face charges for.

3. dandorotik

No, it's not sheep- it's a legit question that you Trump supporters / conservatives refuse to answer or give him a pass on.

I don't know about other threads, but this one directly relates to Trump in terms of subject matter.

And as you can see, one poster here dismisses every one of Trump's accusers- and passes off his comments with that ridiculous "locker room" characterization.

That is why we specifically bring him up here.

4. dandorotik

I don't give a **** about Trump being impeached. I can't speak for others. I really don't care- he's not going to run again in 2020, or he's going to truly get his ass kicked this time, so I'm just hoping he doesn't **** things up too much until then.

I just really despise his character. And his idiocy. I really wish he would stop being a lying stupid jerk, but he can't. I don't set out wanting to hate the President b/c he's an R. I really don't have much of a problem with GW- honestly. Disagree on some policy things, but fine for the most part. Don't remember disliking Reagan in the 80s- some did, but I wasn't that political then and I thought he was fine as far as people go.

I try with Trump. I do. Perfect example- helps to get the 3 kids released. OK, good job. And then, he has to go pleading for a "thank you" from them. Complete narcissist. I'd be funny if it wasn't so pathetic.

OK then. The urethra-grabber gets a pass. Hooray.

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  5. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Sorry but you're wrong, shouldn't do it in non-Trump threads. Go ahead and make a new thread about Trump so I can go there and post for the 100th time that Trump and his treatment of women, including his daughter, is scummy, creepy, and wrong. Of course any other folks can go post their locker room talk defense if they so wish. That said, to me "talk" is a completely different category than "touch" so not quite the same subject matter imo.

6. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

Exactly. Total hypocrites

7. dandorotik

Do you enjoy being wrong? Is this a thing now for you? You have all of us calling out Franken to resign. Where's the hypocrisy?

Webster's is your friend.

8. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

Trump says he grabs women by the p***y because he can since he's famous (because he thinks no one is listening). That's not hear-say. That's a straight up ADMISSION.

22 accusers came out must all be lying, right?

Franken's picture while highly inappropriate and unprofessional, I doubt a sexual assault occurred there unless he's physically touching her. Anyone with atleast two brain cells can deduce that if he wanted to sexually assault her, he would do it in private. Not while someone is watching, taking a picture, and while he is posing. Only in Trump bizarro-world is that a "smoking gun" while Trumps confession while in private is not a smoking gun. LOL.

Franken writing a skit that includes a scene of him kissing her, is definitely crossing the line. That's where Franken ****ed up and where I have a problem with. Using his position and power to influence a younger, attractive woman.

But also something Trump did throughout his adult life, using his position and power; such as walking through the Miss Universe dressing rooms "because he can".

9. dandorotik

Yeah, that's right- you have said that. But others give him a pass. Anyway, I'm done with Trump criticisms on the matter- I know some like RL will never call him out, so that's fine.

ipaman likes this.
  10. dandorotik

You're arguing with a brick wall. Some just don't get it. His own wife gave a very graphic depiction of him raping her... then retracted it. As if someone would go to that much detail to make something up.

11. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

It's not so clear to me from the picture.

12. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Whether he is touching her is the difference between him being an ahole and him being a criminal.

FranchiseBlade and krnxsnoopy like this.
  13. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

@ipaman Trump "talked" about "touching" women so the criticism toward Trump is not what he said.. its what he did. Admission straight from the horse's mouth! (when he though nobody was looking. You know, how like racists speak their true feelings when they think no one is watching ;))

14. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Stewart Smalley: Convicted Pedophile was a big straight to DVD flop

Nook likes this.
  15. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

ipaman - "Trump and his treatment of women, including his daughter, is scummy, creepy, and wrong."

16. Anticope

Anticope Member

This entire thread is a great example of why you can't even have conversations with the Trumpanzees anymore. I haven't seen a single left-leaning poster in this thread claim that what Franken did isn't resignation-worthy if it turns out to be true. Yet, when those same posters question why Trump isn't held to the same standard as Franken, the Trump defenders either whine about that subject being off-topic or actually defend it as not being sexual assault. It's plainly obvious which side holds their politicians to a completely different standard.

krnxsnoopy and FranchiseBlade like this.
  17. dandorotik

BTW, apparently, some other women contacted Franken's accuser with her own Franken story. Ugh.

Al Frankenswine gives us decent liberals (no, that's not an oxymoron) a bad name.

ipaman likes this.
  18. dandorotik

From Sen. Tammy Duckworth (D-Ill.):

These types of actions are simply unacceptable and should be reviewed by the Ethics Committee. Women across America should be able to feel safe in their workplace, and they deserve our support when coming forward with allegations of misconduct.

From Sen. Maria Cantwell (D-Wash.):

Treating all women with dignity is of paramount importance. These actions are disturbing. I support an ethics committee investigation into this matter.

From a spokesman for Sen. Michael Bennet (D-Colo.):

Michael believes that sexual harassment is completely unacceptable. He agrees that the Ethics Committee should thoroughly investigate this allegation.

From Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.):

Senator Franken says he welcomes an ethics investigation and I agree that should happen.

Many others shared their comments on social media:

Rep. Keith Ellison (D-Minn.) also called for people to take Tweeden’s accusations seriously.

“I’m deeply disturbed by what I read today,” he said. “It took extraordinary bravery for Leeann Tweeden to come forward. Al Franken has been a good friend of mine for years, but we as a progressive community must take her words seriously, and fully commit ourselves to creating a world free from sexual harassment and assault.”

ipaman likes this.
  19. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This pretty much sums up my exact feelings on the matter.

There is at least as much evidence out there about Trump being a sexual predator and guilty of sexual assault.

That doesn't excuse anything Al Franken did. The difference is that the left has called out what Franken has done and is accused of doing as being wrong. Trump supporters have only made excuses for Trump and tried to change the subject.

20. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

only because you're blinded by your own bias and you only see what you want to see. Read B-Bob's post on p1!