1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Democratic Senator Al Franken - Sex Accusations

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by bigtexxx, Nov 16, 2017.

1. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

Of course not, you will have Moore for company.

TheRealist137 and B-Bob like this.
  2. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

how can you sleep at night? :D

3. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

I bet he is sleeping real well consider who we have in the white house now.

4. ipaman

tread very carefully or you'll be accused of victim shaming and possibly be forced to resign. and pray no feminazi finds you because as a man you can't understand or speak for Dupuy.

5. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

I guess the bottom line is you really shouldn't put your arm around a stranger's waist during a photo op if you're famous. Is that what the message is? "He squeezed...at least twice", she said. How did he squeeze? Was he squeezing her fat rolls with his fingers? Or, was he cupping with his hand squeezing her in tight for the photo? It does seem like an overreaction. Franken should stop appearing in photos with fans imo. It will save himself future embarrassment when he is perceived to have gotten too close to the victim.

#405 Surfguy, Dec 7, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2017
  6. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Franken was politically smart here to make a point of saying "This is not an admission of guilt in many of these cases" because the Republicans and their troll army will try to sieze on this as an admission of guilt while saying "well Trump & Moore are fighting the accusations.... Franken admitted to guilt" as if that would allow them to win this political tit for tat.

They will still do it, and either way, Republican trolls would still and will still say "But Franken", but there is no doubt that either way it is the right thing to do for the Dem party to take a stand here and draw the line in the sand. Yes... its a political move, but that doesn't mean that it wasn't also the right move to make regardless.

Republicans and their fans have no shame, and no moral high ground so its not about winning an argument with them. Its about the majority of people in this country who really make the difference in this country. We have to remember that even though their voices get the most airplay & elicit the most response even on a board like this one, but they are not anywhere close to a majority. The BigTexx's will continue to troll, and Trump & Moore will still be in power as sexual predators, but this is a pretty clear line in the sand, and will make a difference in the future.

7. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I've been listening to Minnesota Public Radio (MPR) and reading comments on their Facebook page. It appears that most of the feedback is critical of the resignation and many feel that Franken was being railroaded. This follows also the situation regarding Garrison Keillor where many MPR supporters were also very critical. I will stress again this is completely anecdotal.

Regarding Franken's replacement many are mentioning Lt. Governor Tina Smith but Dayton is saying that he doesn't have anyone in mind and it will be a few days before he names someone. This is purely a guess on my part but I wouldn't be surprised if it's Rep. Bettty McCollum who represents St. Paul since she has a lot of name recognition and comes from a very safe seat.

8. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

You don't get credit for falling on your sword when you make it clear beforehand that you are being forced into doing so and b**** that others aren't being forced to do so as well. That kind of BS turns it from being an admirable thing to more evidence of what a scumbag you really are.

9. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

You are not smarter than a bag of rocks.

TheRealist137 likes this.
  10. geeimsobored

geeimsobored Contributing Member

I think everyone is scared that if Dayton appoints someone who will run in 2018 for the seat, the base in the Twin Cities will just lose their mind and I guess everyone is convinced that Tina Smith won't run for the Senate seat.

Honestly, my first choice is probably Lori Swanson. But I think Tina Smith will probably end up being the nominee and then the DFL will spend months on a ridiculous primary. The primary for governor looks bad enough. I dont even want to know how the Senate primary would go. Way too much vitriol between people who agree on 99% of issues.

11. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

He should have quit because that's the right thing to do.

Now, Moore and the Carrot in Chief should do the same for being sexual predators. I didn't need to hear the Billy Bush tape to know that Trump's fat ass has done some pervy ****.

12. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Just to add from what I'm seeing the people most critical of Franken's resignation are the very liberal wing. I saw some comments from Bernie supporters saying they feel Franken is being railroaded by the centrist wing and even saying that this was an excuse to get rid of Franken because he was too leftist.

13. ipaman

he most definitely is being railroaded but that is in line with pc culture that has been cultivated in large part by liberals. i hate resignations because it presents of redemption, doing the right thing, which to me can hide the fact that they did a very wrong thing to begin with. i prefer public shame and firing if possible but if not, stay in office and answer the questions and accusations every day of your life. don't resign from that stress and burden because victims can't "quit" their past.

14. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

As the biggest hypocrite by far on this board, nothing is less surprising to all of us than your response.

[​IMG]

Nook and justtxyank like this.
  15. sammy

@bigtexxx Are you going to make a thread about Trent Franks?

I have some nice thread title ideas:

Republican Congressman Trent Franks - Sex Accusations
    Republican Senator Candidate Roy Moore - Sex Accusations
    Republican President Donald Trump - Sex Accusations

16. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

You mad, bro?

You supporting Franken?

17. sammy

18. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

19. sammy

Basically, I find this type of behavior repugnant.. from democrats or republicans. Trump has been accused by 10 + women for inappropriate behavior himself. Locker room talk my ass.. dudes that talk like that have no game. "Real killers move in silence" is the saying.. you seem like the dork that would brag and lie about hooking up with some chicks though in your days. I bet you bagged a ton of dorky chicks at Rice :rolleyes:

20. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

He’s ignoring your question. That’s why no one takes him seriously. I showed an exact quote in which I said liberals need to tone it down and he said not one word. Really, don’t ever expect anything out of him except sheer hypocrisy.