1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Democratic Senator Al Franken - Sex Accusations

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by bigtexxx, Nov 16, 2017.

1. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

You are so outraged with sexual assault that you've done a great job avoiding that Roy Moore thread btw.

2. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

Pretty much my exact thoughts to the letter.

3. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

okay this is getting ridiculous.

4. Buck Turgidson

I didn't say anything about her allegations, I just corrected something in B-Bob's post.

5. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

To those that state that the picture is 'meh'...That picture was on the same 2 week trip she made with Franken where she was inappropriately kissed. In regards to the picture...Whether he actually touched her or not, I can not say...but to still make a sexual act against someone who told you to fck off earlier on the trip...Yea, he isnt sorry...he is sorry that there is an actual photograph that captures his actions.

Dont agree with me...consider his defense so far ...has been that he can NOT recollect what happened about 10 years before in regards to the kiss, but he is SORRY about the picture...

“I certainly don’t remember the rehearsal for the skit in the same way, but I send my sincerest apologies to Leeann,” Mr. Franken, who has been mentioned as a possible presidential candidate, said in a statement. “As to the photo, it was clearly intended to be funny but wasn’t. I shouldn’t have done it.” - Al Franken​

6. Anticope

Anticope Member

I have to say I agree with this when it comes to the picture. If I saw a friend of mine with a picture like that on Facebook I would think they're an idiot with very poor taste in humor. To see a sitting US Senator in a picture like that, yeah not good...

7. Cold Hard

Cold Hard Member

That pic looks pretty damning to me. Franken should resign. It's as simple as that.

Seems like most of these men facing sexual harassment and/or assault allegations are either men in positions of power (hence they feel like they can get away with anything), or socially awkward/inept guys who never learned at a young age how to appropriately interact with girls and women.

8. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

It's kind of asking a lot to expect Democrats to care about allegations against a Democrat while they are still politically viable. I mean, when's the last time that has happened? Hell Democrats elected Marion Barry again after he got out of prison....they aren't exactly the type of people who care when one of their own does something wrong.

I think the best anyone can hope for is that they don't attack the accuser this time around. That would show real progress on their part.

9. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Franken's statement:

10. NewRoxFan

11. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

It's kind of asking a lot to expect Republicans to care about allegations against a Republican while they are still politically viable. I mean, when's the last time that has happened? Hell Republicans elected Donald Trump....they aren't exactly the type of people who care when one of their own does something wrong.

I think the best anyone can hope for is that they don't attack the accuser this time around. That would show real progress on their part.

12. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Trump needs to hire his PR guy. Sometimes you just need to step back and say what people want to hear.

13. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

i give no kudos to bigtexxx and any other trump defenders, moore supporters, party-line republicans or hypocritical evangelicals who are commenting on this issue.

franken should resign. his excuse of not remembering the kissing incident like she did is lame and the fact that he took that picture after the incident is totally out of line...especially when its an active duty member of the military.

anyone who engages in this behavior should be called out, no matter who they are.

Duncan McDonuts likes this.
  14. NewRoxFan

yea... imagine Trump actually (1) admitting he did something wrong, (2) accepting personal responsibility and (3) apologizing to the wronged person. Though I don't think a PR person is needed to do all that.

15. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Roy Moore and many, many times before that.

Let's face it, I'm not a fan of either party, but it's clear which one cares about these types of scandals and which one doesn't so long as their person is politically viable. Hell, when he gets out of prison Anthony Weiner could probably get elected again.

16. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

I have been somewhat out of the loop lately, who are the Moore supporters on this forum?

17. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I mean, again, Trump is on record bragging about his sexual assaults and he's now President. I don't think Republicans get to lecture anyone on excusing this behavior.

18. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

It was done as a goof. Chill.

19. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

Obviously not all Republicans are like that. :)

20. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

I really dont feel that Franken needs to resign. He may have been attempting to establish a rapport based on past experiences and maybe got carried away.

This isn’t on Roy Moore’s level of “targeting” children.