1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Democratic Senator Al Franken - Sex Accusations

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by bigtexxx, Nov 16, 2017.

1. TheresTheDagger

Meanwhile, isn't this completely off topic? I just wanted to check in and see if you police "whataboutism" and "off topic posts" for yourself as you do others...

2. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Maybe that's why the voted for him? They don't have enough critical thinking skills to overcome their 'feelings'?

BTW, it's the GOP primary voters that are cuckoo for Cocoa Puffs and are the main problem. They passed by 16 men and women, all of whom were significantly more qualified, and voted for a clown who doesn't even know the difference between life and health insurance.

I understand in the general election many moderate GOP voters held their nose and assumed that he would be nothing more than a GOP Congress' rubber stamper.

KingCheetah likes this.
  3. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

heh... Trump supporters calling someone that simply has morals (something Trump clearly does not have at all) "moral superiority" or (LOL) "eliteism". Then justifying his vote as a result.

Except Judge Moore, you'd be hard put to find someone with inferior morals than Trump. So criticizing someone who criticizes Trump as "morally superior" is a laughable criticism, don't you think?

4. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

I've posted I think Franken was clearly wrong and should step down. Most of the left have as well. So is there need for further debate about Franken? The question about hypocricy came up about those that don't think the same of Trump (or even Moore, for that matter) is what continued this thread.

5. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The crazy thing is that people are lumping Franken in with Moore. Franken was wrong, and may indeed need to resign. Roy Moore was a pedophile. The two don't rank in the same category at all.

krnxsnoopy and Buck Turgidson like this.
  6. TheresTheDagger

You're right. Anger and hate make people do a lot of strange things that turn out to be counter productive to their own benefit.

I wonder though...does the left ever turn the mirror upon itself? It's really amusing to watch the crowd that "screams at the sky helplessly" somehow think they are immune from using their own "critical thinking skills" to overcome their "feelings".

7. Buck Turgidson

Point of order: pedophiles are attracted to prepubescent children, child molesters are attracted to the underaged.

Pretty sure Moore is a child molester.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  8. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Did he ever successfully molest someone or just attempt it? I ask because I legitimately don't know what the specific allegations are. If he was never successful, that would make him an alleged attempted child molester rather than just an alleged child molester. Either way, the correct "phile" word for him would be hebephile and not pedophile as you correctly pointed out.

9. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

...and Franken speaks! He's trying to hope it goes away and he's trying to just go back to work.

Can't wait to hear the liberal hypocrites try to defend this one. I can predict with 100% certainty their response: but but but Trump Trump Trump!

10. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Frankens transgressions are petty in comparison to Moores and Trumps, but sure have them all resign.

DD

11. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

Yes, you are correct. I didn't actually know the distinction. Thanks.

12. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

Yes, he did successfully molest at least one of the accusers.

13. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Okay, so he's an alleged child molester along with being a hebephile

14. Buck Turgidson

I didn't pay attention to it either really, until recently. How wonderful that our politicians can educate us on these legal distinctions!

15. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

Yes indeed. That is one thing we can add to the silver lining aspect of all of this.

16. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Please keep him in your prayers. His Liberalism is a sickness!

17. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Trump has privately questioned authenticity of 'Access Hollywood' tape, sources say

President Trump has privately questioned the authenticity of the now infamous "Access Hollywood" recording in which he was caught in a vulgar exchange in 2005 with Billy Bush, bragging about his ability to grope women because he's "a star," sources confirm to ABC News.

The president has repeated the claim to advisers in recent weeks and even a Republican senator earlier this year, sources say. The news of the president's comments was first reported by the New York Times.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/trum...cess-hollywood-tape-sources/story?id=51396299

18. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I watched the Franken interview and I'm willing to say he shouldn't have to resign. I think he's shown contrition and Tweeden has accepted his apologies. Having been someone who's met many politicians at the MN State Fair I can understand how the allegations towards him might be more accidental on his part and also why he might not remember them. I don't know if I will vote for him next time and will see who all is running and what further comes out of this.

For the record I didn' vote for Franklen before and voted for Dean Barkeley, The Minnesota Independence Party Candidate. That said overall I've been satisfied with the job he's done and representing Minnesota.

No Worries likes this.
  19. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

People are saying that Trump has one of the GMOAT.

20. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

...and Moore speaks! He's trying to hope it goes away and he's trying to just go back to work.

Can't wait to hear the conservative hypocrites try to defend this one. I can predict with 100% certainty their response: but but but Franken Franken Franken!

FranchiseBlade and dobro1229 like this.