1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Democrat leaders howl as GOP brands party with damaging three-letter midterm label

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by MojoMan, Oct 12, 2018.

1. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

There wasn't bs to call out because he never pretended to be whatever you projected him to be.

You got news to post too... Great.

2. HTM

HTM Member

Yea, it's BS to report news and leave out key facts/events that entirely change the narrative.

Idk how you can spin it any other way.

3. Invisible Fan

You should write an angry non-explosive letter to the Columbia School of Journalism expressing outrage over the journalistic standards internet posters have these days.

This ain't no O:Reilly No Spin Report!!!111

Or you could just post your own articles and assume people think and read with everything on hand.

The thread that keeps on giving....

4. HTM

HTM Member

No, I think I'll just point it out when I see it.

Invisible Fan likes this.
  5. BruceAndre

BruceAndre Member

Actually, I think our founding fathers had it right. The vote should be restricted to those that have a stake in the society, either through owning property, or being net taxpayers.

Those who don't fit the above two categories often vote themselves other people's money.

6. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Wow... still whining about a non story I didn't post in a time manner? Do I pay rent in your mind?

Anyway, here's an excellent statement from senator cruz... more (statements) of this is needed in today's political climate.

7. NewRoxFan

flotus:

vp:

trump:

8. NewRoxFan

Another one reported...

9. NewRoxFan

And another?

10. NewRoxFan

11. Nook

Nook Member

LMFAO Let me get this straight....... the President purposely is polarizing, and whips his followers (and detractors) into a frenzy....... celebrates violence and nationalism in his rallies ..... commends a congressman for attacking a reporter, says he will pay the bail for those that attack protesters at his rally... tells officers to not "be too nice" of suspects and compares Mexican immigrants to rapists and bad people..... and now, when someone is sending bombs to political opponents, the President and his cronies are saying they don't condone violence...... RIIIIGHHT...... Remember that time when Trump said he wouldn't accept election results if he lost?

It seems that having a President that controls influence by using divisive and polarizing messages, purposely undermines the basic cores of our government (courts, the FBI) and habitually lies has helped contribute to a period of civil unrest...... who ever knew.

I remember when I heard from some that President Obama was the most divisive and unpresidential President in US history......... well now you get to see what a REAL Populist Sociopath looks like in the Oval Office.

12. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You should maybe look into how that worked out in France or Austria/Austria-Hungary.

It's a good way to radicalize and all the people you'd consider "undesirable".

Kudos, I guess, for admitting you'd like to take away the vote from most of the population, I guess.

Nook likes this.
  13. Nook

Nook Member

I don't agree with you but I do appreciate and respect your honesty.

Invisible Fan and mdrowe00 like this.
  14. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

15. Invisible Fan

The cons are frothing about deranged liberals.

Once they realize liberals are their neighbors, they might have to call 911 or the Secret Service

16. NewRoxFan

And one to Governor Cuomo's office...

17. BruceAndre

BruceAndre Member

Yes, I think too many people have the franchise. I think the 19th amendment is particularly unfortunate.

It's increasingly evident that we have too much democracy. The have-nots can out-vote the haves any day of the week, and twice on Friday. And vote themselves other people's money in the process. See: Obamacare.

There is a difference between a Republic and a Democracy. Remember Franklin's quote -- "A republic, if you can keep it." Unfortunately, we've lost it.

18. BruceAndre

BruceAndre Member

Well, if you are saying that military service should guarantee the right to vote, I have no problem with that.

If you have served in the service, then you have a stake in society.

19. BruceAndre

BruceAndre Member

Those countries had long histories of monarchies. So I'm not sure the comparison is apt.

20. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

A Republic is a type of democracy.

You are confusing Direct Democracy with the overarching concept of Democracy.

A Republic is having elected Representatives craft and vote in legislation.

A direct democracy is having citizens directly vote in legislation. Think of a town hall, or state ballot measures that allow cotizcit to directly vote for policy.

There is nothing in the definition of a republic where only a certain type of citizen is allowed to vote for their represtitives.

The "mob rule" mitigation stems from electing represtitives to carry out nuanced policy legislation.