1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Democrat John Ossoff dominates Republican stronghold District 6

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Air Langhi, Apr 4, 2017.

1. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

Exactly what I was thinking. BigTexxx has that bipolar thing going. Sad.

2. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Honestly he didn't though. That was a VERY vulnerable district given that Trump won it by only 1% and it was touted as a referendum of the president. On top of that it was a non-incumbent Republican. Honestly Ossoff should have been able to pull off the win and yet he lost by more than 5%.

Dark Rhino and Astrodome like this.
  3. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

LOL

[​IMG]

4. dandorotik

What did they get the first time around? Yep, he should've done better. Bottom line is he lost and the Dems lost. Congrats to Handel, she won fair and square.

#104 dandorotik, Jun 20, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2017
  5. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

What you Republicans fail to realize is Trump is making you play defense is RUBY RED districts. When that pass that Trumpcare Turd, it will get worse.

6. dandorotik

Why are you jumping in defending your boyfriend? Afraid the snowflake can't handle it? LOLRBAY.

7. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

Sent Ossoff a few bucks tonight to help pay the bills.

Money well spent. Looking forward to more nailbiters in red districts.

Rashmon likes this.
  8. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

The first time around Ossoff got about 48% and the rest of the vote was split between several different candidates thus the runoff.

9. dandorotik

Yes, like I said, no matter how you slice it, you lose, you lose. I always point out that Clinton did win the popular vote, which she did, but she's not in the White House and even though there are other factors, the best thing for the Dems to do is take full blame and figure out what to do better next time.

No point blaming the stupidity of voters, or the electoral college system. Figure out what to do to win next time within the rules that have been established.

10. Bandwagoner

I'm just here for the lulz but I take mental health seriously and I will never use any condition I believe you to have in a disparaging or comedic way despite what you have called or said about me. BeWellBreh

11. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I think what's worse for Democrats is that this is yet another example of them dumping tons of money into a race they never had a chance in while ignoring other areas where they could have done something. With Hillary they were dumping money in Florida Ohio and North Carolina while ignoring Wisconsin, Michigan and Pennsylvania. Here it was ignoring a race they might have been able to win in South Carolina while pouring over 30 mil into a race in what should have been a vulnerable district in Georgia.

12. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

oh yeah? what u get?

He should of just hammered the AHCA. He didn't.

13. dandorotik

Everyone has said crap about everybody else on here- don't act like you're some type of innocent in that regard. And oh, please, you know I have no condition - you're just being silly. Really, you're better than that- you can disagree with someone without being ridiculous.

14. Bandwagoner

hopefully a refund

15. dandorotik

Possibly. But you're right about Clinton. They didn't have the best strategy. It doesn't matter that I think Clinton would be a much better President than Trump- she's not in the White House,and she should have been- and Democrats that are still upset about it need to just stop. Figure out what Trump did to win, and do the same but based on your positions. It can be done- Obama, B. Clinton, etc. Even though 2020 should be a cakewalk, I wouldn't put anything past Trump. They have to do better, or they're going to have him in there through 2024.

16. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

A rimmer from Bernie. Liz Warren offered but, I mean, come on. Woof.

17. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

The absolute most important thing Democrats can do in 2020 is to nominate a candidate that people actually want to vote FOR rather than nominating a turd of a candidate and just hoping that people will vote AGAINST the turd the Republicans are running.

18. dandorotik

Well, the thing is that Clinton was the one everyone wanted. That was the talk all along. I mean, if you remember at the time, it was all about "Will Hillary run?" And right about the time that she was winning primaries, Bernie Sanders happened, and then the email thing. I don't think there's much that could have been done at that point. They just ran into a situation of bad timing, quite frankly. Clinton didn't become a bad candidate until it was too late to change things. And there's no guarantee Sanders would have beaten Trump. Maybe people just wanted a Repub in the White House- there's a reason why we haven't had more than 3 consecutive R or D terms in the 20th or 21st centuries.

JayGoogle likes this.
  19. dandorotik

But, yes, they need a better candidate. Probably someone younger. Someone who appeals to individuals' economic interests vs. the social stuff. Not saying they're going to abandon that platform, but you can choose what to emphasize. At this point, I don't see anyone to fill those shoes.

20. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Dusting off Michele Obama!

DD