1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Defense is gone....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Fansince80, Jan 16, 2018.

1. farhen

farhen Member

get out man

2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I am not eager to rate him until the playoffs.

3. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

First of all, you trying call out any post other than one from yourself is the height of hilarity. Have you seen the dumbass **** you write?

Secondly, Tucker is playing 27 minutes per game this season which is roughly in line with what you expect from a guy at his age with his weight. The difference between this season and before though? We have him play PF and sometimes even C far more than he ever has at any point in career. Do you remember when Harden or Ariza had to defend bigs for heavy minutes due to injury last season? Every time they did so, their energy levels TANKED.

Lastly, Ariza plays like complete dogshit when playing 40 minutes a game. His shot is typically flat, he gets beat a lot, and makes a lot of dumb decisions. Like, do you even WATCH the game to come out with your hot take?!?

It’s mildly amusing at times watching idiots do their thing and post idiocy, but going full r****d is never amusing.

snowconeman22 likes this.
  4. Beardaholic13

Beardaholic13 Member

Listen buddy....u just repeated what i told u. Ariza has an excuse when you say he plays too many minutes but PJ does not.
    You said we play him at the 4 and thats the reason he tanks? Hes played like horseshit for 2 months now at 25 MPP and you are using the tired excuse.
    Iam not saying i expect him to score 10 PPG because i dont care about Offense with him, i want to see defense.
    He has gotten slayed by 4s, 3s, 2s you name it. But ok ill sit here and say the reason is because he plays too many minutes.

I was on the same boat earlier when he made the "hustle" plays, but i see clearly now he is nothing special...hes just your average defender who has a below average offensive game.

PS. ive probably watched more rockets game this year than you have in your life. FO troll

5. fattz

fattz Member

It’s the rotation and injury. We traded all of the youth & energy for CP3 (all of which is replaceable). The youth is so needed to just mop up the blow out games and resting the vets. The development of these players could/should fill in during injuries keeping the rotations going. We don’t have said players.

6. chenjy9

Supporting Member

Dumbasses are going to be dumbasses. These is just no cure for people as stupid as you. If you can't put 2 and 2 together, there really is no point in us discussing further. As for you watching more games? ROFL. Your cluelessness continues to amuse.

7. chenjy9

Supporting Member

Yup, rotation and injuries played a huge factor in the current fatigue. We DO have young players, they are just not ready for NBA game time yet. That said, I feel Morey will be rebuilding our 3rd stringers now that he has the players he wanted.

8. chenjy9

Supporting Member

It's really simple...
    - When a car runs out of fuel, it stops.
    - When a tire blows out, the ride is slow and bumpy
    - When one component works harder to cover

Losing key players does the following:
    - Remaining players exceed their limitations by playing more or trying more to try and compensate
    - By trying things typically outside of what they are expected or capable of, their efficiency suffers
    - By trying harder and playing more, they get mentally and physically tired quicker than normal
    - This fatigue (both mental and physical) leads to our players becoming even less effective
    - Less effective translates to crappier D and even crappier O (flat shots on open looks)

Now, there are numbskulls asking why the same thing doesn't happen when GSW loses Durant, Curry, Green, etc. Well, let's consider things logically:
    - Their starting lineup includes FOUR all-stars, 2 of which are bona fide superstars. They can absorb 1-2 starters getting hurt as they still have 2 to help shoulder the load. These guys normally don't play anywhere close to their limits so they have room to stretch their legs now.
    - They have an incredibly deep team of actually useful players including Iggy, Livingston, West, Swaggy P, McGee, etc because that's what happens when you win a ring; vets sign for dirt cheap.

9. fattz

fattz Member

Coach needs to find ways to develop this younger talent or Morey has not done his job by drafting unplayable players. They both can’t be right and us be in this situation.

10. chenjy9

Supporting Member

We traded most of the young talent we developed remember? Until we see how Zhou and Hartenstein is developing nicely in the G-League, meaning he is still nowhere ready for any sort of NBA minutes.

11. fattz

fattz Member

Yes I know but our summer league team (which was very promising) had a lot of talent that was cut away without being replaced. We now are missing that talent. Some were signed to very nice contracts if they just sat at the end of the bench. Even better if they got the burn needed to keep us a float.

12. chenjy9

Supporting Member

I would be very cautious about equating summer league to "very promising" when evaluating young talent. We will rebuild our young talent, but it will take time and definitely won't happen right now.

13. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

They are just conserving energy. MDA is a genius. Look bad before playoffs so teams underestimate you. We might tank to 6th seed on purpose.

14. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

No excuse to be a bottom 5 defense unless you're a bottom 5 team.

Why is our defense so bad? Because as a team we just don't care about defense.

Fansince80 likes this.
  15. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Good offense is a good defense.

alethios likes this.
  16. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

So we only shitty in transition

Rocket River

RocketsTerps likes this.
  17. onreego

onreego Member

It'd be nice if our garbage time lineups didn't give up 20ish in less than 4 mins to the Mavs.

Ketchup&Mustard likes this.
  18. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

I haven’t had the time to look up the stats, but my eye test tells me ever since harden has came back and we have gotten relatively healthy again our defense has rebounded back to being a pretty good defense?

Anyone have the time and wherewithal to look into it for me? Been working long hours lately but we slipped to like 12th(?) after that run of having horrible defense but looks like we are climbing back up to 11(?) already.

Thanks in avance

19. RocketsTerps

RocketsTerps Member

If Bzdelik could fix that we’d be elite on D.