1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

David Kahn owned by Chris Webber

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by chonox, Jul 15, 2010.

1. chonox

chonox Member

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/iGZebWRJWg4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Funny interview is funny :grin:.

I especially liked the end with Chris' ultra sarcastic "Good Luck" haha. Kahn does sound like an idiot though, makes his franchise sound so unprofessional, almost as if college programs are run more professionally.

Comparing Darko to Vlade and Webber? Yeah right buddy...

*Disclamer - Didn't see this posted at time of posting*

2. texascityman31

That was pretty damn funny. Kahn might go home, put on his KKK Grand Dragon hood and head toward Webber's house.

3. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

kahn is delusional

4. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

Is that what you do?

5. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

this poster doesn't realize that as a jew, kahn would persecuted by kkk and would never be a part of them :confused:

6. Subxero

Subxero Member

Khaaannnnnnnnnnnnn!

7. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

David Kahn is my #2 most hated individual in the NBA behind Stern. He deprived the entire world of Rubio, he doesn't deal with Morey at all because he's too scared of losing his lunch money, and he makes moves that harm his team just so that he won't look as bad. (like dumping Al Jefferson to justify signing Darko to insanely stupid money). I hope he always fails at whatever he aspires to achieve in life from this point on, be it in the NBA or otherwise.

8. fba34

fba34 Contributing Member

i thought he just meant it takes a few years for a player to hit his stride n start figuring out the NBA game/pace. not comparing webber with darko.
    cwebb got touchy abt nothing.

9. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

little known fact - early in the 1995 playoffs during a TNT postgame discussion.....either during the first round or second, i forget.......cwebb confidently picked the rockets to repeat for another title

10. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

It's as if Kahn chose not to compete until the Heat stars get old.

11. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

ROFL. Hillarious!

Now, you tell me. Is Rubio a triangle point guard?

12. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

"We NOT going to talk about me and Darko in the same sentence!" - Chris Webber

Rocket River
    Chris is hilarious

13. Raven

Raven Member

Congratulations. You've just made the most r****ded post on CF this month, and there's quite a bit of competition, so be proud of yourself.

For the record, Kahn's interview was fine. He's just trying to build up Darko's confidence. Big deal.

14. HRocketsFan

HRocketsFan Member

Khan is an idiot is he honestly believes that Darko is going to amount to anything. Good news for the Clippers I guess. They shouldn't be the worst team in the West anymore.

15. amazinghappens

Yea, second that.

16. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Nothing wrong with building up Darko's confidence, but to say he's the best passing big he's seen since Vlade while sitting next to Chris Webber (one of the greatest passing PFs this game has seen and a former teammate of Divac and Brad Miller) is pretty foolish. Its hard to take what he says seriously after that.

17. QdoubleA

QdoubleA Member

Time will tell, but didn't they sign Darko because he played so well off of Jefferson. Then you sign Darko to a nice contract and ship Jefferson off? This team has less direction than Golden State. I would say I don't know what it's like to follow a team like that but I am also an Astros fan.

18. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Yeah, agree with those thinking this interview is a little shocking for an NBA guy.

Leave the Darko stuff aside if you want (and I agree he's pumping him up a little bit, which is good, but also agree it is silly to compare him to Vlade, and then his career trajectory to Chris Webber.)

When asked how they address the mindset of a team that just won 15 games, he talks about... A revamped weight room, a new player's lounge, and... "we now serve breakfast and lunch." You go, Kahn! :eek:

That's like me, working at a University, with an exchange like this.

"Your six-year graduation rate is kind of an ugly sight to behold. What are you going to do?"

"Well, we did put in a row of rose bushes on the edge of campus, and we repainted the dormitory lobbies just this summer, so over the years, we think we're headed toward some improvement."

But what is really full of win is hearing him drone on as an overlay to one of the worst looking summer games imaginable, with a cut of Rambis's depressed face for part of it.

1 person likes this.
  19. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

They passed over Bill Simmons for this this moron?

It's like he has no basketball knowledge what so ever.

20. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

Delusional is the perfect word to describe what he sounded like in that interview. He sounds like a GM desperately clinging to a player he just signed and has a way bigger image in his head of how good this player is than his actual play has indicated. You could just hear it in his voice.

Updated weight rooms and facilities in Minnesota, eh? LOOK OUT for the T-wolves now!!