1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

David Griffin doesn’t think Houston’s roster fits, and may have taken a significant step backwards.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BigBum, Oct 19, 2018.

1. malakas

malakas Member

I don't have a problem with his opinion. At least he has his logic.

Not like other analysts that don't even know the roster or the offseason moves but that doesn't stop them from .."analysing".

And I also agree that if MCW is part of the rotation it will hurt the Rockets.

2. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

The Rockets need to start running TV Commercials that say "WE REPLACED ARIZA WITH ENNIS, AND ANDERSON WITH CARMELO"

3. BigBum

BigBum Member

These words hurt the heart of entire Houston.

The current NBA TV analyst thinks the changes the Rockets made this summer will hurt them in the long run.

GottaHaveHeart likes this.
  4. forchette49

forchette49 Contributing Member

So when we gutted our roster for CP3, that actually got us farther away from competing with GS!? Nice logic there, SMH...

Richie_Rich, High Vibrationz and Nook like this.
  5. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

It's like he watched us play one game and decided our entire season's future on a **** show of a game. Pointless conjecture and nothing more.

Invisible Fan and rhee like this.
  6. BigBum

BigBum Member

A few reporters believe that MCW/Melo/Knight is part of the rotation it will hurt the Rockets.

I really like us to make trades. We can deal with the package of 5 Centers.:)

7. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I love listening to Griffin on the NBA channel on SiriusXM. Really smart guy who knows his stuff and gives pretty good insight. He's been saying he thought the Rockets may have lost too much in the off-season for a while and could take a step back.

High Vibrationz, malakas and Zboy like this.
  8. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

I don’t care too much of David Griffin and his belief.

Players fit ok (with exception of MCW)........loss of Bzdelik hurts. Preparations and half time adjustments
    will be lacking on defense.

MCW is not the Rockets version of Livingston. Livingston has a midrange turnaround from up to 10 feet that
    acts as a layup vs smallish point guards. MCW has no such game in him. Drexler and Bullard need to stop that
    comparison.

Andre Roberson and the Thunder haven’t proven they can beat the Warriors in a 7-game series. Neither did
    Tony Allen and the Grizz. Maybe the vision of MCW getting the Rockets past the Warriors is a bit skewed.
    Just my humble opinion.

malakas likes this.
  9. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

I dont think we are as good as last year. I think we lost a lot on defense, including JeffBizD. But i hope im proved wrong

10. TheSource

TheSource Member

the overreaction after one game is incredible. We will win 65-70 games and finish with the #1 seed once again

BigShasta likes this.
  11. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

What the hell des he think our "nucleus" is??

GS's is Steph, Klay, and Draymond... But ours was Ariza and Luc?

**** outta here!

12. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

What exactly is wrong with either of those statements? They're both pretty factual if you're just going by statistics.

13. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

I'm not saying it's necessarily because he's a good GM (LeBron is involved), but he does have a ring.

14. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

I like Griffin. He's smart. But he pretty much refuted himself in the space of 30 seconds. He says change takes us further away from beating the Warriors, but then he says CP's susceptibility to injury won't go away. He seems unable to put together (a) the fact that we were aging out of contention and (b) Morey's decision to bring in some new, younger guys. Continuity was not going to get us there.

15. GottaHaveHeart

Said the guy without a GM job

16. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

From GM to NBA TV huh. Bad career move.

BigShasta likes this.
  17. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I don't get the logic, but Griffin is definitely a smart NBA guy.
    The logic on "fit" makes sense, but on moving pieces doesn't.

And more than anything, right now, what we're seeing is a Pelicans team that has the potential to be really good.

AD+Boogie was interesting and a plus. But AD+ different kind of 4s, especially Mirotic, has been amazing almost since day 1.

Mirotic won't keep continuing to play like a runner up MVP candidate to AD, but he is a very very good stretch 4 and the "fit" just makes a lot of sense.

They just put up 149 against the Kings. Its the Kings... but still... googly eyes!!!

18. CCorn

CCorn Member

He even employed?

19. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

This guy got fired by Lebron right? I'm sure Morey would have loved to keep Ariza or Luc but one had a bum shoulder and one took 15 million dollars. Griffin is not someone you listen about building a championship team. Lebron built that team and Griffin's job was to only make sure lebron got the players he wanted. That was it. There is a reason why he is probably still collecting unemployment checks...

BigShasta likes this.
  20. Mr Chuck Norris

Utah put up 81 points in the first half vs. Golden State. The Loss of McGee is underrated