1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

David Boston available

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Desert Scar, Feb 24, 2003.

1. Desert Scar

Desert Scar Contributing Member

Arizona did not use their franchise tag on him, IMO he is gone. The fact the Cardinals did not use it should not be used against Boston, their owner is the Sterling of the NFL--maybe worse. Honestly I think he is one of the 3 most talented WRs in the league, he is an impossible match-up physically for any corner in the league. I would make a major play for him--I think he would take the equivalent to what the franchise pay level would have been--and I think he is worth it if he checks out healthy. Getting him is like getting an extra top 5 pick with out using a top 5 pick.

2. kidrock8

kidrock8 Member

Agreed.

However I think the whole Boselli fiasco might make the Texans leery of going after him.

I hate the AZ Cards with a passion. They bring down what is already a bad league.

I'm praying that Terrell Suggs doesn't get drafted by them, so his career doesn't end before it begins.

Of course, AZ needs all the PR hype they can get, so they will get him, with the Snake and Boston leaving.

3. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

good point, kidrock...i bet mcnair gets a little nervous with taking on an injury chance like this. but it wouldn't shock me if boston ended up with the texans.

4. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Plus, didn't someone report that we are only about 16 million under the cap right now...and that without any other contracts being given to current FAs on the team? How much of a contract would a guy like Boston command?

5. kidrock8

kidrock8 Member

I think he'll get all or nothing...

Some teams could be really scared off about his injury, or maybe if he gains too much weight? However, I could see some team throwing out 7 mill/year to him.

6. meh

meh Contributing Member

If the Texans do go after him, I would prefer a front-loaded contract with a small signing bonus. This way, if he turns out to be a bust, at least it's not a salary cap disaster. I don't see the Texans filling up the cap this year, so an extra 6-7 million on this year's cap for Boston won't be too big a deal.

7. Lil Francis

Lil Francis Member

If we land Boston, draft Suggs and put him at OLB, and then sign O. Gary that would be close to a perfect offseason.

8. Possum

Possum Member

And the perect offseason would be; Resign Young and Posey, sign Luke Petitgout, Rosevelt Colvin, D Boston then draft Andre Johnson in the first round and either Suggs (RB) or the best available DT still on board in the second. A guy can dream can't he. :)

Could you imagine Boston and Bradford on the outside and Johnson in the slot? :eek: Think Carr would be happy?

9. Desert Scar

Desert Scar Contributing Member

I am not that impressed with Johnson. Great speciman, but dropped plenty and didn't seem to know how to make full use of his gifts depsite playing in the easist offense in college ball to excell for. Rodgers and a few other college receivers (both R. Williams though neither are coming out) impressed me a whole lot more.

10. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

Everyone should agree that the Texans need someone to catch the ball...

Should that be Boston ($$$), Johnson (rook) or someone else...

Hell, I don't know but they need more than a reciever, they need a OL that can actually block then Carr would have time to throw and Wells time to read his blocks...