1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Dating] When should girls pay?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Cokebabies, Jul 27, 2010.

1. Cokebabies

Cokebabies Contributing Member

First date - I always pay for a first date and do not expect the girl to offer to pay anything (it would be appreciated though).
    Second date - I will usually still pay for second date but I hope the girl at least offers by this point (I would not accept her money).

I used to think that way until some girl strung me along. I spent about $200 over three dates, she never offered the first two dates, and offered to pick up a round at the end of the third date (I didn't take her money). She also knew that I was job searching too.

Edit**The third date was the most expensive, like $120 the whole evening (dinner, show, and drinks), and the girl picked the date idea.**

I wouldn't mind paying if these dates went somewhere but they went like this: First Date = Kiss (we made out), Second Date = Kiss (same), Third Date = HUG

She turned her cheek when I tried to kiss her on the third date so apparently she wasn't into me, probably knew it alot earlier, and yet she still let me keep paying. Do girls not feel bad about bleeding a guy dry like that?

So my revised strategy is that a girl MUST offer to pay by the second date or else she doesn't get a third date. And if she does offer, I will accept her money so that she has a financial investment as well. What do you guys think?

Edit ** What makes it worse is that a fellow Houstonian punked me (I live in California now).

#1 Cokebabies, Jul 27, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2010
  2. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

From day one. And you make her drive. You even have her drive you over to another girl's house so you can wash your D*** in her sink.

3 people like this.
  3. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

After the first date, simply tell them "Would you mind going Dutch? This has been a rough month for me. Thanks!" If they suddenly change their mind and "have plans," you've got your answer.

4. Depressio

Depressio Contributing Member

Never. I'm going to pay. Period. I don't want the whole song-and-dance about offering and then declining and getting it myself. Just let me get the damn bill.

That said, I'm probably not a good representation of the population because I've been in one relationship (now going on 8 years) and never really had any money issues.

1 person likes this.
  5. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

kiss, kiss, hug?! Ouch!

I don't mind paying but after a couple/few dates you would expect the other person to at least offer.

6. bnb

bnb Contributing Member

Generally....back in my day...the one who asks out and arranges the date pays. You can't very well take her to an expensive place and then ask for money when the bill comes without having understood this beforehand.

The true skill was in appearing to offer to pay while letting her do it.

The extracurricular shouldn't come into play unless she's a...um...working girl and on the clock.

7. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

8. theogcasey

theogcasey Contributing Member

Agreed. If the girl isn't feeling any of that on day one, I wouldn't be able to proceed.

9. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

$200 for 3 dates?! :eek: i hope you got more than just a peck. that's an average of $66/date. i don't think any girl wants to pick up that kind of tab. and if you're job hunting, you need to be going on free dates or cheaper dates.

10. Mae

Mae Member

I don't think I've ever really paid for a date. :confused:

But I've never really "dated". I've always been in some kind of relationship where it was understood that the man paid.

My first real "date" my date paid and I have never offered to pay. :grin:

11. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

A typical chick!

;)

12. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

I pay every time. The reason is because the girl now knows I own them. It also makes them feel the need to reciprocate later on in the date.

1 person likes this.
  13. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Let's ask Mel Gibson. Nevermind.

14. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

You never let a girl pay.

1 person likes this.
  15. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

Dood, you're in for a lot of alone time with rosie palm...that strategy won't work for 99% of the women, only because its more tradition than anything else...I always pay for that same reason...my g/f bought dinner for the first time and it was nice...she even bought a round of drinks later that night...only b/c it was my bday but still much appreciated...

from my personal experience, you both should know if you're into each other after the first 5 minutes of the first date...if she offers to pay for the first date, she's probably not that into you and accept...for her to take a 2nd & 3rd date is suspect, given she out to know the 3rd date rule...

that said, well, she isn't that into you because you're jobless...but don't worry, someone won't care and you'll be happy again...Post a pic of her and let's figure out if she's worth a fourth date...

16. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

You should always pay, that's why they say girls are expensive. Even if she offers, you should still pay, unless you want to end up with a bad case of the dry wienis.

#16 tmoney1101, Jul 27, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2010
  17. bnb

bnb Contributing Member

macalu speaks wisdom.

If you think you're spending too much, find cheaper places to date.

18. dmc89

dmc89 Member

After the first. I usually date independent women with the same taste/income as I do so money is never an issue.

19. Mae

Mae Member

And now if I offer to pay for dinner, Juicy just rolls his eyes at me because in reality, it is his money. :grin:

20. Cokebabies

Cokebabies Contributing Member

Obviously you did not read my post. Basically, I spent $200 for 2 kisses. There was no reciprocation.