1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Daryl Morey on 790

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, Oct 17, 2013.

1. NotChandlerParsons

don't get me wrong. love lowry, would love to have him back on the team. i don't see it happening because the FO is not interested in taking on salary past '15.

2. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

So you expect some big moves?

3. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

I merely suggested the dots form some Rorschach configuration; and yes, IMO Lowry's inclusion would incur a third team's involvement as KL7 is an unlikely return candidate.

4. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Kyle Lowry is exactly the PG that this team needs. The team should trade for him and the immediately sign him to a long extension. The team has too many laid back nice guys who get along with each other. Lowry is the chaotic force that they need to give the team a jolt. Ron Artest was the key to the Rockets finally winning a playoff series in 2009-- while missing McGrady. Kyle Lowry is the black Ron Artest for #ANewAge.

5. 2016Champions

2016Champions Member

Call me crazy but I think the disparity between Lowry's numbers and Lin's has more to do with the difference in their situation than it does a difference in talent. Lowry is a very ball dominant player and so is Lin, Flip the roles and the production would flip too rather than carry over.

6. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Actually no, It was Yao's dominance and Brook's emergence along with Scola/Landry combining to play as the best PF duo in the league. Artest was a defensive anchor that was shooting sub 40% for most of the season.

That being said, I loved having Ron on our team.

7. platypus

platypus Member

I disagree. I would rather have the PG tandem of Lin and Beverly over lowry any day. Both these players have good chemistry with our team and inserting a lowry in the lineup could prove to be disastrous at a time when our team appears to be gellin.

I think the obvious trade should be to get a solid 3 and D wing player to provide an upgrade over the inconsistent minutes that casspi and garcia are giving us.

8. 2016Champions

2016Champions Member

Duncan is always at the elbow though, and bigs who play at the elbow are typically good passers and capable of knocking down the mid-range well enough for defenses to respect them out there -- Dwight doesn't really fit this description. Personally I would rather have Dwight do what he's doing but incorporate more pick and rolls. Dwight currently ranks 5th in PnR efficiency, and he ranks 91st in post-up efficiency, so the fact Dwight has more than 6 times the amount of the attempts in the post than he does in PnR situations seems illogical at best. The Rockets rank 1st in PnR efficiency and utilize it on less than 13% of possessions which is close to last.

9. 2016Champions

2016Champions Member

I was bored so I figured I would do a summary for Morey's talk on 790 earlier today. I'm sure someone can do a better job but anyway here goes:

We want to win the free throw game every night. We want to keep the turnover game close but we don't win that one much. We want to dominate the rebounding game but our perimeter guys are struggling in that area. Points in the paint.

Fast breaks are one of the worst statistics in basketball. If you get two guys out fast and defenders focus on them while missing the 3rd guy trailing, that 3rd guy scoring won't count as fast break points.

We have 3 bigs who are a lock. Dwight, Terrence and Omer. We have others bigs we like, Greg Smith has been nice, but those 3 guys are playing at a really high level.

We're probably going to stay below average in 3pt percentage but that doesn't really bother us too much. We have some plus shooters, Harden, Brooks, Parsons has been a plus shooter and can improve, Jones if we can get him up to 35% would be great considering all the other great things he does, Lin if we can get him up to the high 30's that would be great considering all the other great things he does.

Both games with the Clippers were really early, we've settles in now, I'm very excited for our next match-up on the 26th. It will be a good test for both teams.

We need depth behind Harden and Parsons who has been playing huge minutes, so we're excited to have Garcia back. Casspi has given us some good minutes at the 3 and played well there (it sounded like that was a "but" on the tip of Morey's tongue there, I'm guessing he prefers Casspi at the 4)

10. WinkFan

WinkFan Contributing Member

Not crazy, just wishful thinking. Lowry has basically the same usage as Lin this season.

11. meh

meh Contributing Member

They're only not interested in taking on the likes of Thaddeus Young or Jeff Green. Lowry is certainly one or two tiers above them.

I'm personally not a fan of Lowry. But a player of his caliber may be enough for Morey to bypass the 2015 FA plan.

12. Clarinetmonster

I know we're probably in the minority, but I agree - we've already got a 6ft Bev, quick pesky defender - but we also have Lin who has more size and length to match up with the bigger PG's/ some SG's. Lowry doesn't have the size/length even though he is a good defender. Plus, Lin's contributions on O are getting more consistent and he comes alive when we need him in the 4th.

13. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

I just wish Dragic was on this team so, so badly. :(

14. Clarinetmonster

Someone please forward this post to Morey and McHale....please!

15. Clarinetmonster

Same usage but averages 6 more minutes a game.

16. hooroo

hooroo Member

What do you mean by "a lot is happening now"? All kinds of different trades being explored?

17. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

highly, highly disagreed with.... Personally I think the Rockets are in search of the 3rd star, and will not settle for anything less, until we are all out of moves. All signs have been pointing that way since Dwight signed on the dotted line.

18. haoafu

haoafu Contributing Member

Lowry didn't change. I still remember he caught fire before allstar break and barely missed the allstar game when he was with us. I still remember the debate of trading him for Deron mid-season... After that allstar break, Lowry declined and Deron ended the season strong.

19. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Kyle Lowry is the black Ron Artest for #ANewAge. Wow, so who is the white Lowry???

20. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

Jeremy Lin.