1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Daryl Morey Breaks Down the James Harden Trade | Bill Simmons's Book of Basketball 2.0 | The Ringer

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Chamillionaire, Nov 26, 2019.

1. Chamillionaire

2. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

Listened to the whole thing (including previous episodes, give it a listen, they talk a lot about Harden)

Surprisingly, Bill didn't ask him a single question about China. Usually Bill is pretty straightforward when asking these things but even he has to bow down to the Chinese overlords.

3. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Beginning of the podcast he said that the interview was during the summer before the tweet and the debacle that has been Westbrook thus far.

4. meh

meh Contributing Member

For all the people who say stop talking about the past, this podcast series is Bill Simmons looking at various major events in basketball history. And currently hes on the Harden trade. Hence this interview.

It doesn't matter if you hate Morey or Harden or this team or whatever. If you are a true Rockets fan you should appreciate the best trade in Rockets history.

harold bingo and D-rock like this.
  5. s3ts

s3ts Member

you make tons of assumptions that don't apply.

first, whether it was erroneous or not, i was replying to the posters who referred to the CP trade being lopsided... my post isn't about the op.

i never said we could be under the cap.. i keep saying this... the real "cap space" is however much Tillman wants to spend. seemingly nobody really has a chance to win without going over the cap anyway.

6. YOLO

YOLO Member

and you speak on stuff you dont understand. there's nothing assuming in my post.

and i wasn't referring to op as in the original poster. i was referring to your original post to begin with

if you never said they'd be under the cap, you saying cp3 contract kept the rockets from free agents makes 0 sense then bc it didn't as explained above

7. BasketMAD

BasketMAD Member

Morey's been washed for a long time now. He can flaunt Harden stats on Twitter all day long, but at the end of the day, everyone's caught up in the "arms race" and has gotten way more talented. You gonna stop scouting for washed-up big names/failed prospects and start investing in decent supporting talent??

Exiled and cheke64 like this.
  8. Reeko

Reeko Member

Did he build a championship squad just 2 seasons ago or am I buggin? Morey isn’t the legend people on here act like he is at times, but he’s still 1 of the best in the league, let’s not get it twisted.

9. Bo6

Bo6 Member

i know its all "le championship or bust" but outside the finals we've been an incredibly successful team the last decade....

10. D-rock

D-rock Member

BasketMad should be called BM because the guy needs an enema to cleanse the hate.

Reeko likes this.
  11. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I bet Daryl is a really awesome dungeon master.

D-rock likes this.