1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Danuel house IS Overrated here.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Le$$, Feb 14, 2019.

1. roslolian

roslolian Member

Yeah I mean Ego is only scoring 16 pts at a higher FG% than House but you are right, House is way better.

D-rock likes this.
  2. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Maybe House is a bit overrated here but you know what is underrated??....

... actually keeping a full roster with real NBA players.

3. bj3175

bj3175 Member

I trust House with an open three than tucker since he is tired

4. dfbreyes

dfbreyes Member

Danuel House's stats of 9pts per game sure isn't jaw dropping or initially worth mentioning.

But in the few games he has played with the Rockets, he was a huge IMPACT.

Is he the next potential third superstar on the team? Certainly not. Clint Capela is the third superstar on the team.

But is Danuel House a contributor to the team? From the few games he has played with the Rockets, he has made an IMPACT. The team won many if not most of those games. DHouse was an IMPACTful player for the Rockets when he was on the court. He was a piece of the puzzle. He fits the team well. He was a big POSITIVE.

Thats more than what can be said of Carmelo Anthony whom the Rockets hoped would have done. The thing with Anthony was he did not fit with the team. He had a negative impact on the team.

Much like Austin Rivers and Kenneth Faried, Danuel House fits well and contributes to the team when he's on the court.

Thats why James Harden said he's important to the team.

https://www.google.com.sg/url?sa=i&...aw2EBqSxXws0lTA0vP6HKLHe&ust=1550320030800551

D-rock and deb4rockets like this.
  5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

For an undrafted player, he is nice.

deb4rockets likes this.
  6. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

It's more like size on the wing is underrated. This Rox team is too damn small at the wing spots.And then Mda loves to go small at the 5

deb4rockets likes this.
  7. Loneyroy7

Loneyroy7 Member

Sorry, but Gordon is shooting 39 percent from the field and 32 percent from 3. House was shooting 46 percent from the field and 39 percent from 3.

8. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

[​IMG]

9. RocketsFan247

RocketsFan247 Member

His skill set embodies the typical role we need next to our stars. Good catch and shoot, big wing who slashes, finishes strong at the rim, from HTown, has length for switching, doesn't look lost, knows and accepts his role. What impressed me was he knew exactly what this team needed and played exactly into that mold.

The only reason he's talked about so much is because he was and sorta is part of this team. We just want to see him play.

10. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

It's possible. I can't find where G League tracks shot type by off the dribble or catch-and-shoot.

I do see that in G League that he is assisted on about 80% of his 3FGM, and that this year with the Rockets that percentage goes up to about 95%.

So he's certainly off the ball more in the NBA (no surprise there) but I can't locate stats to see how he shoots on catches vs the dribble. I'm sure they exist somewhere out there.

bobloblaw likes this.
  11. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I think you are overrating House, OP. Just a bit, in my opinion. No one here thinks he's something special, not that I've seen. He's not viewed by people here as a future star, the savior of the franchise, unless I missed it. House is only a usually effective rotation player based on how he produced when given the opportunity to play significant minutes with the team, including stepping up when called upon to start. We aren't so filled with depth that we can lose someone in that role without noticing, a wing with length compared to most of those we've been trotting out there, who can play some defense, hits some 3's, and drive to the basket. Harden noticed and wants him back. He has said so. I think MDA wants him back, but has to go along with the machinations of the front office. That's another opinion of mine.

While House, Jr. may be a bit overrated by some (we have folks who would seemingly overrate anyone, including the team cat, if the Rocks had a team cat), by starting this thread you exaggerate the feelings most here have about the guy, in my opinion. Just a bit. Hey, I like what works. House, Jr. was working in his role. I don't care what he's doing in the Valley. Like some others, I care about his impact on the team's play. Best I can tell, he made a positive impact over the several games he played just before he disappeared into the ether. Are we so full of effective wings that we can toss one aside that fit? I don't think so.

snowconeman22 likes this.
  12. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I think House can be a huge part of our future success and we should not blow the opportunity to sign him. He has so much potential as a young player in the future, and can help us as a team get better. I would hate to lose out on signing him while we have the chance!

13. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

There goes my argument! ;-)

heypartner likes this.
  14. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Rockets will not go over the LT to sign an unproven, undrafted wing. It's as simple as that.

snowconeman22 likes this.
  15. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

It's not perplexing.

It was to place inflection or emphasis on that word.

What's perplexing is that a president once said "It depends on what the meaning of 'is' is".

He is not overrated imo.

I think house IS better than Michael Jordan.

The actor

The actor!!

#55 Tfor3, Feb 15, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2019
  16. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

Big mistake in my eyes.

17. chenjy9

Supporting Member

The Rockets FO knows better (not even an opinion or argument) than you. They have smarter people (Morey and his army of nerds) and are actually privy to information behind the scenes. Fans don't run franchises for a reason.

18. harold bingo

harold bingo Udoka Only Fan
    Supporting Member

House is shooting better this season than Eric Gordon ever has in his entire career, and scoring more efficiently than Harden, albeit on pretty low volume.

19. chenjy9

Supporting Member

And low sample size

D-rock and RayRay10 like this.
  20. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

Sure, but any upside House has in making us better will tip the scales a little higher in our quest this year, and possibly years to come. I really HATE settling for small ball with Gordon playing alongside James and Paul. Use Gordon as a sub and not a starter. I hate the small ball midget starting lineup.