1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Damaged Yard Advice Needed

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Tommyboy, Apr 7, 2007.

Tags:
  1. Tommyboy

Tommyboy Member

Okay so I get home after working late and notice some idiot driver drove over my yard leaving a 7' curved tire indention in my front yard. At its deepest it's about 3". What's the best way to repair this? Should I just fill it in with sand? Or should I mix in some weed and feed or something? My grass was just starting to look healthy too and this happens.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

2. Fatty FatBastard

3. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

it's just grass, it'll grow back.

4. Tommyboy

Tommyboy Member

I wish I could just burn it so I wouldn't have to mow it anymore. I still think I need to fill it in with something. Whoever ran over it left a 3" deep indention into the ground the width of a standard tire. That's why I feel that it needs to be filled in to bring it back up to level with the yard.

5. codell

codell Contributing Member

yeah just fill it in with some dirt and it should fill in unless the area is big

6. BenignDMD

BenignDMD Contributing Member

When I was growing up, these teenage kids who probably just got their license would drive over through the edge of our lawn (corner house) every weekend. We had an idea of who it was, but couldnt really do anything about it. We lived in a nice somewhat country neighborhood in Katy so these kids drove a brand new Z28 Camaro.

My dad would just fill the depression with some sand, but these idiots would drive right over it again late at night. After the third or fourth time, my dad put out spikes in the grass :D Sure enough, the morons drove through our grass again and their tires blew out :D

Funniest crap ever! We heard a loud smash, then we went outside, my dad called the kids parents (they lived right down the street). They had blown out 2 tires and slammed into our brick mailbox. My dad told them he won't call the cops. The other parents made their kids replant the sod in our yard and build a new brick mailbox. :D Good Stuff.

7. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

Looks like you should fill it in with sand mixed with nails and spikes.

8. Tommyboy

Tommyboy Member

If it happens again I'll definitely pull out the spikes. I guess I'll fill it with dirt/sand and throw in some weed and feed to help the grass grow back. by the way BenignDMD, what kind of spikes did your dad use?

9. Blatz

Blatz Contributing Member

That's happened to me before and I tried filling it with just sand but it didn't work. Wind and rain washed it away leaving me with the same tire tracks. You may want to try some fill dirt, topsoil.

I ended up getting some grass from a golf course nearby. They were redoing their greens and they let me get some of the grass they pulled up.

#9 Blatz, Apr 7, 2007
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2007
  10. BrieflySpeaking

BrieflySpeaking Contributing Member

ahahahaa, spikes

11. BenignDMD

BenignDMD Contributing Member

It was a long time ago, but I think he just hammered some long nails into some strips of wood and partially bruried them under the sand. Worked like a charm.