1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dallas Cowboys

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by 4chuckie, Mar 1, 2003.

1. 4chuckie

4chuckie Member

I know alot of folks will hate this thread but wanted to see what everyone thought of the Tuna resigning the Hotel and trading for Terry Glenn.
    Personally I think Flozell was overpaid, but other teams would have paid him that much (just based on the market for LTs), so it was a move they probably had to make. Be interesting to see if Parcells can inspire him to play a lil better.
    I like the trade for Glenn assuming they can get another O-linemen or two. Doesn't matter how many receivers you have if he's lying flat on his back. It seems like a good thing getting a receiver with a ton of potential, but he does carry a lot of baggage (seems like between the Cowboys and Raiders we get all the baggage at some point!)

Going forward I expect to see the Boys grab at least one more O-lineman (a RT) and possibly a RG. Guorde seems solid a a C or RG and Larry Allen returns at LG. Flozell plays at LT. There is still talk of Ryan Young of the Texans being interested in Parcells. If not I'd liek to see them sign a Richmond Webb, who was cut by Cincy. Yes he is old but he can still play for a year or two. Good thing is even if we can't sign a tackle we could slide Allen outside and sign a guard or two.
    Also it still appears Dallas will pick up a veteran QB. Although I am not a big fan of Slash he could be a possibility. Reason I say this is he won't get a huge contract, has had a few good seasons, and most importatnly he can move around, which could help if our O-line is still below average next year. Personally I still like Hutchinson, but I bet a vet gets the cahnce to start the year next year.
    I hope Dallas gets Newman at CB in the draft. We desperately need a shut down CB. I would be satisfied with our secondary with Newman, Woody and Williams back there. We do need other CBs but it appears Ross maybe a keeper?
    I would guess we use our 2nd or 3rd round picks on RBs. I think Hambrick is serviceable (he will run hard) but not sure if he is a long term solution.

As for resignings I hope Hardy (LB) and our other DT (dang can't remember his name!) comes back.

Well I think I already used up all of the Cowboy's cap space with getting Young, Slash, Hardy, possibly another O-linemen, the DT, and our draft picks.

Oh well guess I'm happy to have Tuna and finally am looking forward to a new year!

2. Timing

Timing Member

Texans 19

Cowgirls 10

That's about all I have to say on that subject. :)

3. mduke

mduke Member

Newman in the 1st....I've heard this is who they'll take. At least Roy Williams thinks so.

Draft McGahee in the 2nd or Quentin Griffin, who wowed peopled at the combine, in the 2nd-3rd(assuming he'll be there.)

4. CriscoKidd

CriscoKidd Member

I think trading for Glenn was a mistake.

They need a qb.

They need a rb.

They need an OL.

They need dbs.

boot.

5. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

The Skins are close to adding Rocket Ismail, Regan Upshaw, Randy Thomas and Dave Fiore, also they signed Trung Canidate.
    You guys better get on the ball, they might beat you this year.

6. 4chuckie

4chuckie Member

You know I'm not too worried about the Skins, I think they are in the same shape as Dallas. With no RB (Candidate is their #1) either, I don't think they'll be able to move the ball. That being said I would rather have our (Dallas) D than Washington's. Either way neither team will be challenging for the Super Bowl next year!

PS- Washington did beat us once this year.

7. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Predictions

The Raiders will not be picking 31st and 32nd.
    The Raiders are going to sign Rodney Harrison.
    The Falcons are going to trade for Peerless Price.
    The Texans are going to sign Takeo Spikes

8. Smallz88

Smallz88 Member

Trung Canidate is a better runner than Troy Hambrick... Canidate will be the next Ahman Green..

9. junglerules

junglerules Member

I think the Glenn trade is great, if the conditional pick is only 6th or 7th round. Where else are you going to find talent like Glenn's for such a bargain price? Minimal risk in the deal, I say. God knows Terry can't be any more fragile than the rocket was.

Glenn had his best years under Parcells, this deal was easily a good one, in my opinion, because the potential easily outweighs the risks.

10. drapg

drapg Member

So Parcells decided to trade for the football player he once called "she"????

Kind of odd if ya ask me.

11. 4chuckie

4chuckie Member

It's one of the way Parcells motivates people. Weird but it works.

But on Espn they ben running old Glenn interviews from last couple years and you can tell teh respect Glenn has for him.

12. TheHorns

TheHorns Member

In looking at the team, I just try to see where the next guy is that makes the Cowboys the Cowboys. Do these guys have what it really takes?

Dwayne Goodrich had a good off-season, but who will carry the torch from there? I mean seriously, where will the next convict come from? Hell is Goodrich even the answer?

Could some one in the know tell me, manslaughter even a felony?

13. 4chuckie

4chuckie Member

I guess if we can't beat you, then we'll take your players :)

Sounds like RT Young will be a Cowboy in a few days!

14. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

You can have Young. I'll give him 3 games before injury.

15. 4chuckie

4chuckie Member

That's 3 more games than Boselli! :)

16. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

now this is something we certainly can agree on, Timing! :D

17. bottlerocket

bottlerocket Member

LiL D blows.

For Texas having the rep. for being "Football State" why is it that we have only 2 pro teams? Heck, we lost one team and the lone star state only had 1 team for sometime.

Florida has 3, NY has 3, and Cali has 3; 4 at one time.

Just food for thought.

Go Houston Teams!!

18. Supermac34

Supermac34 President, Von Wafer Fan Club

Because the next big city that would apply for a team in Texas is San Antonio, and the NFL will never give a team to San Antonio.

19. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

i think you're exactly right...i won't say never...but certainly not anytime soon.

20. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

If pro basketball has survived in SA, football certainly can, for the simple fact that if you can get enough people to the arena 41 times a year, I'm sure your city can do it 8 times a year, in a football state. Its not that hard to support a football team, because of revenue sharing, and schedule. It survives in Green Bay of all places.