1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

DaDakota = Fraud

Discussion in 'ClutchFans Feedback' started by Margrave, Jul 9, 2012.

1. Margrave

Margrave Member

So, he failed again at executing his vision - at some point, accountability should be made, either the GM is bad, or his plan is bad, either way, it is the same guy.

2. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

So you failed again at BBS participation DD. At some point, accountability should be made, either the poster is bad, or his posts are bad, either way it is the same guy.

1 person likes this.
  3. Margrave

Margrave Member

I don't get that thinking at all, I thought Morey was a numbers and stats guy, it is not just about time being lost, it is also the product that suffers, the other players on the team get upset, the fans get upset, Morey's seeming lack of understanding about human nature is staggering. Not everyone thinks as pure numbers.

Then you add in the Brooks + pick is better than...no it is not better than Dragic, a guy who puts up better numbers than Brooks and plays defense.

I think a big part of Morey's problem is that he goes on the radio, he should stick to doing the phone calls with customers like DreamMvp, that was all class, because on the radio - he is just losing all credibility as a GM with knowledgeable fans.

4. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

What do you want him to say?

That we are worse off? You can't really expect that. He is going to spin everything as positive as he can.

5. Margrave

Margrave Member

I think he should probably not be talking on the radio so much.

6. Margrave

Margrave Member

It is an upside down world when Khan has done a better job than Morey.

7. Mav-Hater

Mav-Hater Contributing Member

So Margrave is DD?

8. SamFisher

Yup. That's why he's crying about Dragic.

9. Margrave

Margrave Member

Then he should decline to do the radio interviews, he is not helping his case by highlighting his failures.

10. Ricksmith

Ricksmith Contributing Member

11. Margrave

Margrave Member

Yep, it is me - tired of all the personal crap every time I post - like what Sam is doing here, just no class.

So, I started a new guy to try out and it has been great, but I posted DD on accident on the Ipad....

CURSES !

1 person likes this.
  12. Margrave

Margrave Member

Nah, not my style - I only flip flop when I am wrong - which happens from time to time.

13. Pete the Cheat

I would have stuck with DD...

now you just sounds like a Rocket Jones clone...(not a good thing)

14. Margrave

Margrave Member

Yeah, gonna have to kill the Margrave account - all the people who hold grudges will continually bring it up, sort of ruining the entire reason for starting it.

15. Pete the Cheat

I feel for ya man - good luck on going incognito

16. Genesis

Genesis Contributing Member

I don't think he can win then... he doesn't do the radio interviews then he would be accused of being a dbag and being inaccessible. If he does the interviews then its a no win either.

17. SamFisher

It was easy to figure out before you started typing DD.

See, as I've said before, it's not your ID that annoys people, it's your opinions that are annoying and dumb and obnoxiously made on their own.

18. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

The problem for me, is in Morey's evaluation of how much players are worth, he is consistently getting it wrong.

Ariza - not worth his contract we offered - too much.
    Gortat - offer was too little, makes it look like a PR move
    Asik - way way way too much to offer for him.
    Lin - Actually a contract I agree with - but Dragic was a lot better
    Dragic - Letting him go for a reasonable deal - he is a developing star player
    Lee - We might still pull a rabbit out here in a S&T.
    Lowry - We offered too little and he had to go to Cleveland to match - leaving a bad taste in his view of the org.

I understand Morey has his metrics about how much people should be paid, but in the interview he said Free Agency messed all of that up and that offers were above what they were willing to pay and they were THRILLED to let them go.

I have seen nothing that suggests they have any clue as to what a players value actually is, and what a decent contract should be.

I see a team that has 7 power forwards, 0 NBA PGs, and no center, and yes there is time in the offseason, but so far, everything that we have heard about has completely blown up in the orgs face.

There is NOT ENOUGH playing time for 7 PFs, and you do not develop in a meaningful way at Rio Grande Valley.

I think this entire offseason got away from Mr. Smarty pants, and that is because he is out of his league on roster building - he seems like a great guy who is just out of his league as a GM to me.

DD

19. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Sorry you don't agree with holding folks accountable, keep your floaties on, we will be swimming a long time in the mediocrity pool.

DD

20. Mav-Hater

Mav-Hater Contributing Member