1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

da perfect compliments to francis/mobley

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by azns_r_smart, Apr 5, 2001.

1. azns_r_smart

azns_r_smart Member

who would yall say would be the perfect compliments to francis/mobley? IMO, i'd say c-rodman
    pf-rasheed wallace
    sf-garnett

dam...imagine that...we'd be unstoppable...

------------------

2. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

C - Wilt Chamberlain (no, not Russell)
    PF - Kevin McHale (there, Finn*, I gave you one)
    SF - Larry Bird (there, Finn*, I gave you two)
    PG - Magic Johnson (he would come off the bench 'cause Steve has more hops)
    SG - Michael Jordan (he would come off the bench 'cause Cuttino's first step is more explosive)

Ok. Now you're unstoppable.

------------------
    "So you say you want some intelligent responses? I say give me something intelligent to respond to." -- Dimwits beware, B-Ball freak tells it like it is. Sing it bro!

[This message has been edited by Dr of Dunk (edited April 05, 2001).]

3. Lil Francis

Lil Francis Member

SF- McGrady
    PF-Webber
    C- Ratliff

------------------
    President of the Steve Francis, Jamal Crawford,Larry Hughes, and Charles Woodson fan club.

4. FranchiseCat

FranchiseCat Member

>> Lil Francis <<

Killer line up. We would probably be
    a 7 year dynasty then. Imagine:

PG - Francis
    SG - Mobley
    SF - McGrady
    PF - Webber
    C - Ratliff

This team would kill every other team on the court, as long as they were willing to share the ball. This whole team would be consider the starters for the Western Conference All-Stars.

------------------
    "...Do you hear 'em? They're everywhere!!! AAAHHH!!!"

That's what the other teams will be saying after being shellshocked by Steve Francis and Co.

5. Sane

Sane Member

I think the perfect compliments would be:

C - camby
    PF - Garnett
    SF - marion

is there ANY faster team in the league?

WOW

the front court alone would average just below (if not more than) 30 rebounds, 9 blocks, 6.5 assists, and a lot of steals.....

Our backcourt already averages 12 boards....

Unstoppable baby....

------------------

6. SamCassell

SamCassell Contributing Member

I think the best compliment is "You guys are part of what is right in basketball." Other choice compliments include "You are both good role models for younger kids," "You are alot of fun to watch on the basketball court," and of course "Y'all are snappy dressers."

The "You look pretty fly for a white guy" compliment would not go over well.

------------------
    I'm about to boldly go where many men have gone before.

7. Lil Francis

Lil Francis Member

How about Take Mobley out and make him a 6th man and let Iverson start [​IMG] That would be
    unfair to the NBA lol.

------------------
    President of the Steve Francis, Jamal Crawford,Larry Hughes, and Charles Woodson fan club.

8. Gypsy

Gypsy Member

The perfect compliments would be to give them the perfect complements [​IMG]

That said, I'd take Garnett and his all around game (and his youth) instead of Webber in the paint.

------------------
    on the road to nowhere

9. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

Putting together a team of superstars is fun, but realistically, here's the best players leaguewide I see to compliment them. Remember a team of superstars will take touches away from Steve and Cat, and therefore really wouldn't "complement" as much as dominate.

SF-- Lamar Odom. Can create his own shot, but doesn't need to every game. Gets the rest of the team involved, rebounds very well, defendes, etc. Great complimentary player.

PF-- Mo Taylor. The big man scorer, inside or outside, that every team needs. He wants to be here and fits well. He can create on the block, create one on one when Steve and Cat get tired or in foul trouble, defend, and like Odom is the age to grow with the team.

C-- Raef Lafrentz. A classic Rudy player, and I'm not surprised at all that we went after him. A young, athletic center who can run the floor, play in the post, and draw the opposing centers all the way out to the 3 point line is a dream come true for this team.

While these other lineups make for great fantasy lineups, those often don't work in the NBA. (see Portland) As far as complimentary players, Odom, Mo, and Lafrentz would go with Steve and Cat very well.

------------------
    "We're not settling for just getting in the playoffs." "We want a higher seed. There's no doubt. We expect to get in."-- Steve Francis

President of the Mo Taylor and Jason Collier fan club!

Draftsource.net
    ClutchTown.com

10. Band Geek Mobster

What, no Jason Collier at the C?

[​IMG]

------------------

11. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I still don't see a team that beats my "complimentary" team.

...whimps

------------------
    "So you say you want some intelligent responses? I say give me something intelligent to respond to." -- Dimwits beware, B-Ball freak tells it like it is. Sing it bro!

12. Band Geek Mobster

I don't think your center stands much of a chance considering he's deceased.

The others are just old.

[​IMG]

------------------

13. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

C/PF/SF: Duncan/Webber/Garnett

We'd be so unstoppable we wouldn't even need Francis and Mobley

------------------
    "Oh No..."
    -Bill Walton in 97 just before Stockton's buzzer beater

14. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Pfft... technicalities.

------------------

15. cheshire

cheshire Contributing Member

assuming people in their prime now I'd pick:

PF: Nowitzki
    SF: McGrady
    C: Duncan

------------------
    "The man who goes alone can start today; but he who travels with another must wait till the other is ready." -HDT

16. Peakin' Tacoz

Peakin' Tacoz Member

SF: Shandon Anderson
    PF: Mo Taylor
    C: Dream

------------------
    dude.. I'm peakin' tacoz!

17. Nadir

Nadir Member

If this were only possible

C: Matt Bullard
    PF: Matt Bullard
    SF: Matt Bullard

Just imagine Bullard with the block on one end (taking out the trash), throws the outlet to Bullard, who throws it upcourt to Bullard near the basket, who then throws the no-look (Stevie Wonder) to Francis for the two-handed-windmill-N'Sync-jam.

One can dream.....

------------------
    Whenever someone asks me what love is, I pause for a minute.....and then I spin and pin their arms behind their backs. Now who's asking the questions.