1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

D&D Coronavirus thread

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by NewRoxFan, Feb 23, 2020.

1. RayRay10

RayRay10 Houstonian

Disregard

2. RayRay10

RayRay10 Houstonian

Disregard

3. RayRay10

RayRay10 Houstonian

4. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

You said it's dangerous so if you wish a dangerous thing, in your mind, upon my dear ones, I take that as an offense. Maybe you didn't mean it that way but it came off odd and just very dark.

And yeah I'd be willing to take that medicine for sure should I get the virus should my doctor advise it. If they say no it's bunk, I'd listen. But something tells me they wouldn't say that and that they may even be taking it to prevent catching it. Which is what pharmacists and news reports are telling me is going on. I know that's anecdotal but that's all we got right now. I am still optimistic about it and I think we are stuck with this route until a vaccine is made. But that's not going to be ready until next year man. Let's hope Chloroquine or other meds can help lower the death toll.... let's hope...

Anyway, may no one here catch it....

5. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

6. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I think people are thinking waayyyy too much into this. The reason why the FDA was okay removing some restrictions around prescribing it is because of essentially having a way to conduct trials, or gather data to help with the viability of rigorous testing for these drugs. Basically.... you SHOULD NOT be getting prescribed a drug like this from any respectable doctor unless you are basically using as a last resort.

I would think, most respectable doctors in a preventative measure would only suggest Zinc, and caveat that if they are Zinc resistant in the past, it could actually work against them, and that they should not take over the 100% daily amount as shown on the box.

Taking Rendimnisvire (I know I'm butchering the spelling), or Hydroxychloroquine right now without the necessarily trials having the results over a period of time, should be considered only a last resort. If I was on my death bed, yeah... I'd take it if the doc wanted to give it a try. But with little to mild symptoms, you'd be an idiot to either take or prescribe these drugs at this point.

I think the FDA exemptions at this point are because of the need to speed up the data gathering by trying these drugs that have already gone through stages 1 & 2 trials for other diseases such as Malaria and Ebola in the past. I'm sure the FDA is anticipating some responsibility with Doctors to understand why they are being given the ability to use, and what they need to do if they do attempt to use on a Covid 19 patient.

IBTL likes this.
  7. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Just to add on to what you said ..... and I am not arguing... just adding... One study I saw showed the Chloroquine increased the amount of zinc your cells can absorb. If I can find it again I'll link it later. Of course I am no doctor so feel free to raise your eye brows. That is one thing it does though, and it helps with inflammation I recall reading in a different study. Anyway I find it interesting you mentioned zinc... in the past people would consider that quackery.

Also bro... you don't know doctors man. They're hoarding it! Pharmacists I heard too. https://www.propublica.org/article/...escriptions-for-themselves-and-their-families

And no that's not a reason to say it works. In the FDA approved way. But it is telling that the medical community is stocking up.

#2947 dachuda86, Mar 30, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2020
  8. dobro1229

Neither is pure capitalism obviously as we have seen here, but this is a false choice. No person on earth should want to give Trump autocratic power although the Republicans in the Senate obviously were okay with it when it came to meddling in elections.

The answer is there isn't just one answer. The answer is what it takes to get through a crisis is a perfect blend of the following:

-Active Citizens who understand truth & facts & activate in their communities to do their part
    -Corporate America competing to create public need solutions at a hyper fast pace at a low cost
    -Executive Leadership pre-planning and having a team around him/her to make the most informed decisions
    -Executive Leadership making decisions, and using the powers given to execute swiftly without political influence
    -Smart and responsible legislative decisions from Congress
    -Congressional oversight to ensure the Executive Leadership executes on legislative & constitutional powers without corruption or illegality.

That's how this should work. It's not Draconian Dictatorship or Crony Capitalism to solve a pandemic crisis. It's about these 4 different arms of society working together to solve a large scale problem.

Nook and RayRay10 like this.
  9. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

I don't think you watched it. And no one is talking about pure capitalism man.. thanks for your input?

10. dobro1229

Yeah neither of us are doctors which is why nobody on an internet forum should be pumping out nonsense about miracle drugs (not accusing you, but I see it ALOT especially on youtube comments sections... especially about Hydrocholoroquine for some reason). I try to get as informed as I can, and based on what I have got informed on with this subject, it's safe to say that there's reason to be optimistic about one or more of these drugs POTENTIALLY being a solution, but understanding the reality of how these drug trials go, and also looking at the previous studies done where a "positive" outcome still had a 40% chance of the drug not working even in a good case of the drug being allowed to treat the virus AFTER significant trails completed.

No doubt docs and pharmacists might be or are hoarding. I didn't say they weren't and that wasn't a potential problem.

RayRay10 likes this.
  11. dobro1229

I mean.... do I need to? I think the purpose of the video looks pretty damn clear to me. I don't know how you can state the point much clearer.

12. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

You don't have to but if you don't actually watch it you don't really need to be commenting on it.

13. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Insults don't help you win arguments buddy. They just make you look weak.

Please site these initial studies. There were reports from France but there was no control and it did not appear that the efficacy was higher than SOC.

The laboratory in vivo studies were mixed. Keep in mind that doctors do not "hoard drugs" they prescribe them. Also these drugs are needed for other diseases and depriving them from one group for a hope isn't ethical.

14. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Yeah I agree about the idiots on the net pumping it up. They are blind Trump supporters often. And this is dangerous and then they create a huuuuge reaction from people that don't like Trump and you just have noise on both sides of the isle making this medical issue into a political one.

15. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

You can go to google scholar and look'em up yourself. This is a classic sweets move. Make the opponent do all this work so you can **** on it anyway. I won't give you the time of day bro. If you actually cared about this issue, then you'd have read the one's I've referenced and you wouldn't even be asking.

How about you find some sources behind your statement that doctors don't hoard. Because that's a false statement and it's been widely reported on.

GOOGLE IS YOUR FRIEND. So is reading something other than CFs.

16. dobro1229

I mean I can certainly have an opinion on the best way to handle a pandemic in the contrast of a draconian dictatorship vs. a crony capitalist society. From the right at the moment, all we hear about is this false choice narrative and how EVERYTHING is all about changing every topic to be a critique on the Chinese and Communism. I personally believe this is a tactic to say "dont look over here (at our capitalism not really being the best handler of a pandemic) but "look over here"... as a tactic to avoid criticism.

It's totally fine to criticize the hell out of China, but the goal here is really to shift attention, when we really should just be focusing on our own problems.... which are pretty freakin bad at the moment. I don't care too much about Chinese communism at the moment other than is there ANYTHING we can learn or gain from the data we are seeing in other areas of the world. Our issues with China can wait till Americans aren't dying in the thousands.

17. biina

biina Member

Why depend on your doctor's advise, when you can rely on all your pharmacisists, news reports and that 'somethimg'. Why not depend on those sources and ASK that you be treated with Chloroquine? Moreso it is FDA approved!

Have you even considered what those not being treated with Cholorquine are being treated with? What about other potential treatments like Lopinavir/Ritonavir, Favipiravir, Remdesivir, Azithromycin. Arbidol etc that have been claimed to be effective? Yet you tout Chloroquine like it is the only option for a likely treatment.

You simply dont know what you are talking about. You are like a semi-illiterate, who thinks he knows what he doesnt know, and that makes you a very dangerous person to yourself and others

18. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

You're right. You can have an opinion. But on a video you didn't watch then I really don't think you should comment. And I think this is beyond the RIGHT saying something about chinese communism. The left doesn't supporter those usually either.

19. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

That's such a slanted video that it's not a good source IMO.

A debate on what system is better to handle a crisis like this is valid (on the surface).

The answer is clear to me and there isn't a need to look at China vs US or some of EU. Just look at China vs Taiwan.

20. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

No authoritarianism is not good. Debate over.

jcf likes this.