1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

D&D Coronavirus thread

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by NewRoxFan, Feb 23, 2020.

1. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

How in hell we can't produce enough masks, plastic gowns, and face shields???? I'm not talking about ventilators. There is no ****ing rock science to produce simple PPEs.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  2. WNBA

WNBA Member

[​IMG]

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2020/mar/27/army-turning-nycs-javits-center-hospital-fight-cor/

NYC: 1,000-bed hospital

It is a great start for NY people.NY need at least 20 more of these.

When Wuhan had the same hospital setup, NYT said this on 02/11:
    “Inside, narrow beds are laid side by side, or stacked in bunks, in wards separated by temporary walls — perfect for the transmission of respiratory viruses. Little is known about the treatments patients are to receive, or how long they will be kept.”

what would they say now?

3. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

They would say **** the dumb ****ing piece of **** that caught this virus in the first place. Who eats wild bats and pangolins anyway.

dachuda86 likes this.
  4. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

That reminds me of some kind of sad world war 2 field hospital.

Just really shines upon how terrible America's healthcare system is, and how far we have to go.

5. WNBA

WNBA Member

It is a war.
    This hospital looks amazing. The hardware beats all Wuhan temporary hospitals, if food and medicine are free and toilets are inside. People with the virus need to stay on these beds instead of home quarantine.

jcf and joshuaao like this.
  6. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

With the model below, you can see which states (not cities) has limited action, social distancing or shelter in place currently. It show you when is the last date you must enact to avoid hospitals becoming overloaded.

I checked two states - LA and NY. They are currently under shelter in place. So far, they are tracking toward the worst case scenario of shelter in place.

CovidActNow.org was created by a team of data scientists, engineers, and designers in partnership with epidemiologists, public health officials, and political leaders to help understand how the COVID-19 pandemic will affect their region.

This tool is built to enable political leaders to quickly make decisions in their Coronavirus response informed by best available data and modeling.

We built this tool to answer critically important questions such as:
    • What will the impact be in my region be and when can I expect it?
    • How long until my hospital system is under severe pressure?
    • What is my menu of interventions, and how will they address the spread of Coronavirus?

7. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

The prime minister is 'working from home' positive and doesnt even get its own thread

dachuda86 likes this.
  8. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I suggest everyone here start getting sleep!! Watch this video, and go get some sleep. Cheaper and less riskier than Hydroqlouroquine.

Skip to 4:50 if you don't want the update.

FrontRunner and malakas like this.
  9. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

That site shows Texas 583,000 as having a higher worst case death toll than NY 388,00 .... Texas death toll would be the highest in the nation.

Best case scenario's are a 3 month "Lockdown" ..... where NY see's 3k deaths and Texas fewer than 1k.

10. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

FWIW, talked to a doctor friend of mine tonight. Says that issues they are seeing outside of Covid issued docs/staff are that the regular parts of the hospital aren't allowing companions to ICU and other patients which really is a strain on the staff & nurses. Mostly because patients now are paging the nurses for every little thing instead of having their visitor/husband/wife just do it for them.

For the folks getting pulled into the ER/Covid unit, the issue isn't really just PPE, but the lack of training on pandemic protocol. He said it's a free for all with virtually no training. They are pulling staff from NICU's etc. with no training on how to sanitize the proper equipment, and no training on how to suit up and disrobe which is a big issue with ER docs/nurses. The term he used was "babysitting".

He also said from what he's hearing, they are anticipating April to be a complete dumpster fire, but May to potentially be a "burn out" month, but hope that in the Summer months the CDC, WHO, etc. do not let up on resources, and research to develop drugs/vaccines for the Fall when they think it'll come back 2X as strong.

Anyways... take it with a grain of salt, but that's coming from a FT. Worth ER doc. Sounds like April in Texas is going to be a nightmare month, but might be some hope of a burn out in May and some Summer relief.... if you believe what they are hearing about the virus.

11. biina

biina Member

Probably closer to Harden shooting step back 3s

12. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

I don’t understand what you are getting at?

13. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

One of the things that makes hospitals so complicated is their air handling systems with both negative and positive pressure spaces , one protects the occupant , the other contains the contaminants.

That space almost certainly lacks either , That is more of a warehouse than a hospital.

14. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

Who does? He's the resident CCP propaganda machine.

dachuda86 likes this.
  15. malakas

malakas Member

Learning now that almost every vaccine in development is not egg produced is very disheartening. How will they mass produce them and how long will it take?
    It seems that we won't get vaccinated until 2 years in the future..
    Meanwhile the EUCDC said that they don't expect the virus to be affected like the flu from the weather.

RayRay10 likes this.
  16. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

So we're going to ignore the facts because of the source ?

Fact is that in an actual hospital every patient that tested positive would be in an individual negative pressure room to keep the contaminants from spreading.

That place isn't equipped for this.

Two Sandwiches, malakas and Andre0087 like this.
  17. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

No I never said anything about ignoring valid information, I'm just ******** on the source.

AroundTheWorld and dachuda86 like this.
  18. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Those beds are for overflow and yes many will die there when it gets bad. We do not have enough hospitals for this. This is a situation where we will see many die. Stay inside.

BaselineFade and Two Sandwiches like this.
  19. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

no kidding this place isn’t equipped for that. This place isn’t for people who tested positive for the coronavirus. So I still don’t get your point. This hospital main purpose is free up beds in the regular hospital. I am sure the patients most likely be tested for the virus before moving to the make shift hospital. So again I don’t see what you are getting at.

#2739 AleksandarN, Mar 28, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2020
  20. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

Are they for the overflow or are they for other patients in the hospital that aren’t sick with the virus. These temp hospitals main purpose is free up space. Not house highly infectious patients. It is all done to free space in the regular hospitals. So yes these are necessary.

dachuda86 likes this.