1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cyberx, paging cyberx ....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Two Sandwiches, Jul 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Thanks for the faith/common sense, guys!

I'm passing on pretty much everything I'm hearing right now.....

2. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

I'm not sure Nick. I do know the suns are not looking to trade Dragic though.

3. AndySwanny

AndySwanny Member

As in 'very good' because we already have landed a Sun's PG?

4. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

I wonder if Bledsoe and the Suns can compromise to a 5 yr/ $60 M ?

:/

5. AndySwanny

AndySwanny Member

I love me some Gogi, but I'm hoping and praying that somehow it works out to be Bledsoe. Qualifier: I obviously think Dragic had a better season, but I think Bledsoe will make a bigger jump this year and is a better fit.

Not only are we getting a younger guy that's a better defender with star potential, but we're also avoiding the risk of Dragic walking after a season to go to an even better team if things don't pan out for us.

Bledsoe would be locked up long term, and we'd have a guy who can be effective without the ball and with the ball. Dragic can do that as well, but I'm just a little wary of the idea of his usage being cut a ton by Harden when he doesn't give a whole lot on the defensive side like Bledsoe does.

I'd be legitimately scared of a Bledsoe/Beverley small lineup in situations. They would hound the ball like crazy. (Who knows if we'll have to give up Beverley, but I'm hoping not)

6. basketballholic

Color me unconvinced that Bledsoe is the better defender. Bledsoe gambles more. And so his steal rate reflects that. But you don't see in the stats how much those failed gambles hurt the team. Goran doesn't gamble as much. And he's a bruising defender, chasing guys down, bodying them up, bumping and grinding all over the defensive side. Dragic is one nasty, tough-nosed defender. The kind of guy you HATE to play against because he just wears you down with his size and physicality. Frankly....I think his grit and grind defense combined with his basketball iq make me favor him over Bledsoe.

1 person likes this.
  7. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

So... nothing new.

8. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I am probably way behind the eight ball on this (I don't generally waste a whole lot of time thinking about Phoenix Suns roster decisions), and this may have been covered earlier, but I don't understand why the Suns would have signed Isaiah Thomas if they weren't planning on moving either Dragic or Bledsoe pretty soon.

Would they really go with their three most highly paid players as guys who are point guards first, especially when they have so many other holes? Obviously, Dragic can play some at the 2, but that isn't where you'd prefer him all the time. If they sign Bledsoe to the max as seems to be the way it is going, I'm pretty sure they'd be spending more on their three point guards than on the rest of their roster combined.

9. basketballholic

You're not behind on anything mate.

10. rocketman84

rocketman84 Member

How? Are you claiming to be an insider?

11. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

No team is ever looking to trade a player. They never call other teams about trading a player. All they do is take phone calls from other teams interested in trading for their players.

12. AndySwanny

AndySwanny Member

I'll give you the Bledsoe point. He does play a little over-aggressive on D. I think you're overrating Dragic's defense quite a bit though. He's improved in the past year or so to be an average defender.

I'd love either and would be over the moon for Dragic. I just think the difference between the two is not enough to risk Dragic walking in free agency. (Especially with Bledsoe only being 24 to Dragic 28)

13. AndySwanny

AndySwanny Member

Just watched a bunch of highlights. **** it. Give me Dragic.

[​IMG]

14. gaspar

gaspar Member

Yes, his name is Ish Smith.

15. i3artow i3aller

Storm's coming...
    [​IMG]

16. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

Gogi is an electric transition player, always has been. He's improved a lot in the not so transition lately though.

17. Swishh

Swishh Member

Exactly. I think people here who expect to get Dragic are kidding themselves.

18. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

As long as he doesn't get saddled with injuries (a legitimate concern), Bledsoe will be the better player, I don't think there's much doubt about that.

Hopefully, at least for him, the experience meets the talent before its too late.

19. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

It would be nice, but the Suns aren't just handing us Dragic, despite what the alleged "insiders" claim.

20. BrownBeast99

BrownBeast99 Member

Have you heard what pieces might be going out in order to make it happen?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.