1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cyberx, paging cyberx ....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Two Sandwiches, Jul 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

How about somebody deletes YOU?

2. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Exactly. Eff off.

3. basketballholic

You're overselling. That's waaaaaaay too much to give up for Dragic.

A big, a small, and our 2017 first rounder. That's enough.

We'll even throw in Kevin Martin so they've got a SG. :cool:

4. Voice of Aus

Voice of Aus Contributing Member

Reading through some of the trade proposals it seems a lot of you IMO are undervaluing tjones.

I would think teams would be just as high on DMo as they would expect the value to be lower aswell

5. Garner

Garner Member

Good post.

6. Play07

Play07 Member

Bring in any PG you want rondo, dragic, cp3, Bledsoe, with the system the rockets run & in today's NBA in general they will never WIN without a stretch 4 thats willing to set picks & has a reliable jumper and can shoot the 3.

It's even more important for the rockets out of any team in the NBA with Howard as a top post player in nba & harden likening to get in the lane.

7. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

someone post all the kingdrew bs

8. Remii

Remii Member

Howard is the top post player:confused: WTF...!!!

9. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

I'm just shocked that this thread earned over 5,000 responses.

10. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

He's pretty damn good, I know he gets a bad rap for not being polished, but as shown in the playoffs, he can be a dominant post player when we set him up.

11. Remii

Remii Member

He needs to carry that over and do it consistently. The Rockets were so surprised to see Howard's post game and they didn't know WTF to do... They were standing around and shock.

But obviously Howard didn't need a stretch 4 to be affective as the poster I responded to suggested.

12. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Really? I'm not terribly shocked. Once I blew off trying to keep this a "cybrex only, please!" thread, early on, and decided who I was going to pay attention to, and who I might read just for the hell of it, this whole damn thing became rather enjoyable. Clutch tossed the one obvious troll, and maybe more than one (haven't kept track), so I'm waiting to see who turns out to be right about what they've heard. Cybrex, obviously, I pay attention to, and I'm giving Plowman a chance, because he's been here so long that I just find it hard to believe that he'd recklessly make his posts up out of thin air, just for kicks, knowing that if it comes out that he was "kidding around," Clutch is very apt to toss him out on his keister (that's his arse, for those from Rio Linda).

One thing we should all remember, and why I've decided to give those two some slack, even if things don't turn out, is that it's the nature of inside information in this business that an imminent deal can go sour. A team or player on the verge of making a deal can change their mind for a host of reasons. A better offer from someone else, for example. An idiot signing an untradable, crazy expensive contract and then expecting the team they've been playing for to match, when said team's GM would have to be out of his ever lovin' mind to do so (unless connected deals played out perfectly in another galaxy connected by a wormhole). That's another. There can be an unexpected injury that pops up with a key player in a deal, and we've seen that happen with the Rockets in years past (said chump, uh, "key player," is busy working the Spurs' broadcast team, while being one of the biggest homers in the league).

Best reason? It's the off-season and we have around 50,000 members now.

1 person likes this.
  13. Play07

Play07 Member

Is there any center that plays through the post with a traditional back to the basket offensive post game as much as Howard and the rockets ?

14. bobloblaw

bobloblaw Contributing Member

Al Jefferson, DeMarcus Cousins and Andre Drummond are valid comparisons.

15. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

Jefferson is the only valid comparison. Cousins likes 2 shoot jumpers and Drummond's back to the basket game is laughable

16. Remii

Remii Member

You didn't specify it to centers in the post I responded to but I would say Big Al Jefferson and M. Gasol most definitely just to name two. What Howard did in the playoffs was an outlier but hopefully he can continue that and it can become a regular occurrence.

A stretch 4 isn't necessary for a center with a legitimate traditional post game.

17. Houst0ne

Houst0ne Member

Isn't M. Gasol a FA next season. Morey should go after him hard. He is a good passer and can shoot from the outside. Dwight and Gasol line up would be good I think it could work also.

18. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

I feel the same way! He's FAR to invested in CF''s to start trolling now, I just hope his info comes to fruition soon, I'm running out of Kava!

19. Swishh

Swishh Member

Haven't checked this thread in a week. Anything new?

20. Classic

Classic Member

Page 250

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.